BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 9:56:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I think you missed the dripping sarcasm.

[:)]
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 10:01:44 AM EDT
[#2]
woot 1337
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 10:07:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've lost count of the total I've seen, but I see 2-3 at every gun show.
View Quote

Then why isn't the ATF awash in these cases if they are so common?  Instead they call a guy who sold the rifle 2 mos previously and it wasn't even illegal afterall???  Does this add up?

View Quote

Violations may be common, actual prosecutions are not. The key here is the difference between an investigation and prosecution. The original poster never mentioned prosecution. He was INVESTIGATED... let me say that again... INVESTIGATED. That is not at all outside the realm of possibility.

Ever have a bad day? Spill your morning coffee, stub your toe, stuff like that? ATF agents and LEOs have bad days too. An ATF agent sent out on stupid dealer inspections is probably having a bad day already. Lackey duty for F ups and newbies. An investigation just MIGHT yield something that gets them back in good graces, or make that newbie look good. An investigation can cost little more than a the price of a few phone calls and a few hours time. I've personally known LEOs who did this kind of thing just for giggles... to break up the boredom and monotony of sh!t duty. It can and does happen. Give the guy a break.

LF
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top