Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:57:39 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
To be quite honest absolutely nothing, just for looks if you want my opinion

Did you read anything in this thread??????  Did you see the duct tape "magpuls" and see how much they resemble the real Magpuls?????  It's product evolution of a field expedient fix to an actual problem that exists.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:02:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Mongo you must have a headache...    Between this thread and the 28/30 round debate you have'nt learned that the chairborne internet commando's know it all?  
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:09:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
IF and when a mag gets stuck in the mag well.
To make it easier to remove mags from the mag pouch.
A mag attachment point for a mag lanyard.
It looks tacticly uber cool.
Take your pick.  

That's the main reason....

I've never had a mag stuck in the well so bad I couldn't pull it out.....Never have so much trouble with a mag that I couldn't get it out of the mag pouch (and that's in real world situations).  

I suppose if I didn't have to remortgage my house to outfit all my mags I'd get some.  But I can spend my money on other gadgets I have a use for.......

Now the oversized charging handle lever.....that's something worth buying!

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:19:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I too have never had a problem with pulling magazines from the pouch (Blackhawk, Tactical Tailor, LBE,etc).  The hardest thing is putting them back in when you're in the prone.

Justice, I just enabled my email.  We both know A CO is where it was at, right.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:23:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:25:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:44:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I do not drop my mags and walk away.  Imagine reconsolidation of ammo and equipment.  You really need to retain those magazines.  I trained to put the paracord equipped magazines on a D-link that's attached to my IBA (left pectoral for right handed).  I feel trying to put the magazine back in it's pouch takes to long.  I want to get rounds down range, time NOW.  Another thing I don't like about Magpuls is that on SOME pouches, it makes closing the flap difficult or near impossible.  Everything can be looked at as an upgrade, just depends on the individual.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:11:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I do not drop my mags and walk away.  Imagine reconsolidation of ammo and equipment.  You really need to retain those magazines.  I trained to put the paracord equipped magazines on a D-link that's attached to my IBA (left pectoral for right handed).  I feel trying to put the magazine back in it's pouch takes to long.  I want to get rounds down range, time NOW.  Another thing I don't like about Magpuls is that on SOME pouches, it makes closing the flap difficult or near impossible.  Everything can be looked at as an upgrade, just depends on the individual.

How refreshing to hear a real world reason why somebody does or doesn't use a product.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:44:33 AM EDT
[#9]
use a empty SAW pouch on your belt for empty mags.  never drop your mags.  that is your equipment, youll need it later.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 1:30:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Did anybody read Pat Rogers artcle on magazines  in the latest issue of SWAT? said nice things about Magpuls. I use them and like them.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 1:59:00 AM EDT
[#11]
without reading all pages, did anyone list :

"To keep your magazine entrails intact following a KB?" (see latest SWAT Magazine issue)

eta: Just read your post, CAAAwarfighter.    Yes, I read it, and it sure did plug the magpuls.

while I believe the Pat Rogers info, it did come across as a bit of a marketing plug for the products, and went as far as to offer contact information.

But the piece offered genuine applications.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:04:49 AM EDT
[#12]
In the civillian world, magpuls are used so that queers at the range can spot other queers easily.  Sort of like wearing an earring in the queer ear (left or right or whatever).  Thus the nickname "fagpulls".
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:30:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:30:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:39:55 AM EDT
[#15]
I like fagpulls...I gues that's why my wrist is suddenly so limp and causing all those stoppages.

Simon
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:47:10 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
In the civillian world, magpuls are used so that queers at the range can spot other queers easily.  Sort of like wearing an earring in the queer ear (left or right or whatever).  Thus the nickname "fagpulls".

Thanks for that objective review.  Such intellectual insight has not been seen since the likes of Ryan Sechrest.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:52:40 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:54:57 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Why don't you hit on the next guy you see with magpulls for his weapon and tell us how it shakes out?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:26:22 AM EDT
[#19]
If you install you Magpuls sideways it can help mag pouch issues as it reduced the profile.  I run all my Magpuls sideways.  It also helps identy my mags at a shoot where everyone is shooting ARs and M16s and mags get spread all over.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:36:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:29:59 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Easy there Tom Cruise

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top