Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:41:25 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I had a beautiful M4A3 carbine all tricked out. I was really into shooting Wolf ammunition and saving money. Once I hit the 6,000k round mark, the rifle simply disintigrated in my hands.

Man I miss that rifle

- rem

You think that's bad, wolf ammo cheated on my wife, ran off with my girlfriend, wrecked my truck, then beat me up and stole all the extractors on all the firearms I own.

I hope Wolf ammo has a run in with Chuck Norris, that would set things straight.

www.chucknorrisfacts.com/

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:20:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Not only is it good for my rifle but I can get 32rds in the mag now.

ETA:  Just kidding for those who will raise the flag and not understand my joking...
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:38:33 PM EDT
[#3]
To add...

My carbine is short stroking on about 10% of the Wolf rounds.  Any ideas on an easy fix?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:27:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I have been meaning to try some just for giggles, but manI really do not want to mess up my investment.  I belive it will do little to no harm but my 13 year old was on here and read some post about it and now he gets on my case about wanting to try it.  I think I will try it though eventually, when the boy is not around.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:56:04 PM EDT
[#5]
UGH, this thread will not die, it's like frickin' Count Dracula or something .

Wolf (especially the new polymer stuff) will absolutely, positively, not hurt your rifle in any way shape or form.

Hayseed: Is your rifle new (i.e. needs break in) or does it utilize a heavier than standard buffer? These are the only things that I can think of that would cause it to short stroke consistently.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:59:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Hayseed: Is your rifle new (i.e. needs break in) or does it utilize a heavier than standard buffer? These are the only things that I can think of that would cause it to short stroke consistently.

This rifle has only about 1500-2000 rds so it is still considered new.  Stock buffer and spring.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:43:58 PM EDT
[#7]
okay wait wait wait . . . i'm still confused.  Is wolf bad for your ar or not??!!  

ETA this thread kicks ass.  About the short stroking, my RRA's done that a few times when I was shooting monarch (russian from the Barnaul tool plant or something).  I was thinking it was . . "underpowered" so there wasn't enough pressure to cycle the bolt completely ??????  Could this be?  Or is it more likely a buffer spring that needs to loosen up?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:49:01 PM EDT
[#8]
DAMN YOU GRAVITAS!!!!

Hayseed: No, I think that should be pretty well broken in, is it cold often when you go shooting, that could cause problems with soft shooting ammo. Other than that I am out of ideas short of opening up you GP a little. (I wouldn't do it just to shoot wolf though, unless you could prove it was actually undersized)

What kind of upper did you say you have?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:42:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks Panzer.

It is a BM upper.  I am just south of you in IN and I was out today where it was chilly.  It shot fine when the gun was warm - but if I put it down for more than a few minutes it would do it again until it was warmed up again.  About half of the problems were failure to go into battery completely and the other half would just not take the next round from the magazine (bolt hangs up on top of round in magazine).
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:53:45 PM EDT
[#10]
I've used the "New" style with no problems.  Not any more dirty than "regular" ammo.  No problems.  I only really use it for going out plinking with friends since it's cheap.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:12:47 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
To add...

My carbine is short stroking on about 10% of the Wolf rounds.  Any ideas on an easy fix?

that just means it is working.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top