User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:41:51 PM EDT
[#1]
My M93 stays in P4 most of the time.  P3 for squared up stance, P5 for standing target shooting and kneeling.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:54:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I preset my M93 for OAL, and adjust inward, depending on my clothing or for transport in a soft case.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 10:42:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I love it when folks say that collapsible stocks are not needed, or are for looks only.

I'm short... 5'7", and I prefer to shoot it with a shorter setting.  My kids, ages 10 and 12 like to shoot, too, and the A2 is just too long for 'em to get good sight alignment/sight picture with the irons (the only way to teach 'em right).  So, the collapsibles are VERY useful, and in my house, get used A LOT.

I don't tell everyone what's useful or not on their weapons... I always find it funny when people proclaim it to be useless for everyone.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 10:44:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Can be carried on the person "Small", and then deployed to "Fit" the individual troopie, or  deployed from the vehicle rack so as to exit the vehicle with a minimum of snags, and then extended to "Fit".

Might seem small in consideration, untill one is shackled to a fixed stock long arm that is neither adjustable to ones morphology and armor, nor the situation at hand.

Fixed stocks have their place, and have the same importance as tele-stocks and folders.

It's really a Hanes, BVD's, or Fruit of the looms kinda thing.

S-28

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:55:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Stickman,

Where in the HELL do you work!?

Quoted:
I wear armor everyday (standard or level 4).  In addition to that, I am clearing houses/ apartments/ alleys/ schools/factories etc.. almost daily.   A standard stock is a joke for serious CQB style work.

I guess if you only play at the range, it isn't an issue.  If you play for keeps, the adjustable stock is a must.

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:25:32 AM EDT
[#6]
*Makes fun of JRussell for being short* Ok now thats finished. Yes I'll be using the go-go gadget stock in the shorter positions for fall/winter/whenever I wear more clothes or gear. Longer positions for prone shots. And of course for the look, and pissofftheliberals factor.  I'm one of those people that like to have my nose almost on the charging handle also.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:29:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Hey. Corwin1968  when's it gonna get here?!?! h
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:31:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Mine I use in a couple different ways:

1. Collapsed for carrying around in garrison, storage, and transport.

2. Second position for shooting with PASGT/Interceptor vest.

3. Other positions are used to adapt to small-framed/young/female shooters.

4. They tell me I can't have it, so I want it!

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:38:21 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Greetings Citizens:

Share, if you will, how you really use your collapsible stock.  Shoot with it collapsed? Extended? Collapse during transport? Like it because it saves weight? Like it because it resembles weapons in the field?

What say ye?

Ozob

once you try a magpul you'll understand all the benifits... closed for travel... about p6 for prone... p3 or p4 for off hand...  i use p7 for sitting... it allows you to have a fixed stock in all positions.... it helps when lettting my wife shoot
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:59:53 AM EDT
[#10]
The only reason I added them to my AR's last week was because Diane Finstein said that assault weapons could shoot 30 rounds in under three seconds.  I tried it after installing them but it doesn't work.  Are my collapsible stocks defective or did I install them wrong?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:34:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Storage and transport mainly, fits easily into a duffle bag collapsed.  Also use it to adjust the length of pull for the girlfriend.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:39:22 PM EDT
[#12]
just installed mine and have not fired it yet but just shouldering the stock on the shorter setting feels so much more comfortable the old A2 stock was I realize now way to long for me. plus its a great truck gun now.... just need to get an SBR like a 14.5 or 12 "
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:49:37 PM EDT
[#13]
I always shoot mine extended, it is alot more comfortable for me. When it is collapsed it is a little ackward for me. but thats just me.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:28:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Or to sum it all up....

One size fits all. Or most.

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:15:27 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I wear armor everyday (standard or level 4).  In addition to that, I am clearing houses/ apartments/ alleys/ schools/factories etc.. almost daily.   A standard stock is a joke for serious CQB style work.

I guess if you only play at the range, it isn't an issue.  If you play for keeps, the adjustable stock is a must.

+1  This bears repeating.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:17:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:54:56 PM EDT
[#17]
One more thumbs up for the collapsable stock. I use it in different positions all the time depending on how I'm shooting. I also transport it collapsed.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:05:22 PM EDT
[#18]

The only reason I added them to my AR's last week was because Diane Finstein said that assault weapons could shoot 30 rounds in under three seconds. I tried it after installing them but it doesn't work. Are my collapsible stocks defective or did I install them wrong?

+1

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:22:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Well you can't use either for a butstroke to the head, even though they still teach it in basic...
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:09:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Yes I do.  

An A1 or A2 stock would look reeeeeeally stupid on my 11.5" SBR.  

My Post-ban, Bushmaster carbine will be getting a collapsible stock soon.  I hope.  

Colt_SBR  

Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:34:09 PM EDT
[#21]
I took mine off and replaced it with a Sully Stock (works great with the aimpoint) on my tricked out carbine... My SPR has an A2, my simple iron sighted A2 upper/M4 barrel has an A1.... I can't stand the clunkiness of the colaspable stock..

-sc
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:45:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:07:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Heh NewARGuy, you have all the cool toys..... But I like solid stocks, if I ever have to knock someone over the head with my gun, I want the dude to be hurt, not the gun. My collaspable also had the annoying habit of coming loose after playing rough with the rifle. None of my solid stocks have ever given me a problem. However if you would kindly donate a M93 kit I will put it through it's paces

-sc
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:10:13 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I close it for storage.

Use position 3 for offhand shooting.

Use position 5 for prone shooting.

Can change the length of pull to fit different sized shooters.

I don't see how a fixed stock would appeal to me.

+1

My wife is much smaller than I.  We use the telestock to adjust the length of pull so that she is comfortable.  And I'm talking about the telestock on my AR-15, SICKOS!

BoB
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:14:06 PM EDT
[#25]
I use mine all the time. If I shoot without body armor then I extend it, if I shoot with body armor I collapse it some, if I transport it I collapse it all the way.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:55:18 PM EDT
[#26]
I don't really use it but my ten year old son does.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top