BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:07:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I have no personal experience with DPMS and no problem with them. I do find it hilarious when I read that the fit and finish is superior to Bushmaster though. I've handled most brands and own the BM. Fit and finish on the average Colt, Bushmaster, Armalite, and RRA is very comparable. I SERIOUSLY doubt that DPMS is that much better. Maybe it's comparable, but NOT better on average. I sure read a lot of wacky claims on this board. For me it's Ford vs. Chevy vs. GM.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:16:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have no personal experience with DPMS and no problem with them. I do find it hilarious when I read that the fit and finish is superior to Bushmaster though. I've handled most brands and own the BM. Fit and finish on the average Colt, Bushmaster, Armalite, and RRA is very comparable. I SERIOUSLY doubt that DPMS is that much better. Maybe it's comparable, but NOT better on average. I sure read a lot of wacky claims on this board. For me it's Ford vs. Chevy vs. GM.

I think it looks better because it is Teflon coated black.  It has a matte black look to it that is completly uniform in appearance.  This is something that Armalite, Bushmaster, Colt or RRA do not do.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:29:43 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I think it looks better because it is Teflon coated black.  It has a matte black look to it that is completly uniform in appearance.  This is something that Armalite, Bushmaster, Colt or RRA do not do.

Roger that. Good point. Doesn't make any difference to me, but if that sort of thing floats your boat then no problem.

I just get tired of the brand wars around here. Doesn't matter how many here claim that Colt is far superior or that they had a POS Bushmaster, or whatever... the fact is that my BM is been flawless for 3 years and no one could convince me otherwise. When I go to buy a carbine in the future it'll be a Bushy M-4gery and that's my final answer. The only thing that'll change my mind is if I get a bad one. I'm not too worried though. If others feel the same way about their brand of choice, then great. I've been comparing it to Ford vs. Chevy... but it's not even that different between brand. It's a major AR manufacturer for crap sakes... it's a black rifle not one of DaVinci's paintings.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:45:35 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
We have however supplied our rifles to the following Police departments and US Government agencies:
United States Border Patrol
United States Marshall Service
United States Customs
United States Counter Terrorism
United States Secret Service
Minnesota State Patrol
Hoover Dam Police
Texas Rangers

Just to clarify, since you mentioned you usually don't do larger government contracts do to the red tape, were these contract buys by these agencies or purchases by individuals within these agencies?

Also, I recently received a free bolt carrier group stamped "D" on both the carrier and bolt. The gas key is not staked at all. Assuming this is a DPMS carrier, is this normal for DPMS carriers? Do you use some other method of insuring the gas key screws do not come loose?

A second issue I noted is that the firing pin retaining pin is different. The one in this carrier appeared to have a larger, more rounded loop to remove it, the legs were a bit longer and the same length (instead of one leg being a tiny bit shorter) and the pin had bent after only a few hundred rounds firing. Is this typical of DPMS carriers and why did you go with this part instead of the more traditional military part?

I personally have not had a lot of great experiences with your products; but I do know a local range that uses them exclusively for very demanding testing by a DoD contractor and they are quite happy with your product, so maybe my experiences aren't representative.

In any case, thanks for supporting the community and taking time to stop by and participate in the discussion.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:48:04 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
AR-15.comers and Fellow shooters,

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to all. Make sure we all ask for more guns and ammo for Christmas presents.
Thank you to all who have supported DPMS. 2006 is our 20th anniversary in the business and we could not have done it or made it without the support from friends and customers like you.
Regarding US government contracts DPMS typically does not bid on larger US Military contracts due to the overwhelming red tape, low price and other requirements. By the way DPMS did not bid on the DEA contract that was awarded to Rock River Arms. We have however supplied our rifles to the following Police departments and US Government agencies:
United States Border Patrol
United States Marshall Service
United States Customs
United States Secret Service
Minnesota State Patrol
Hoover Dam Police
Texas Rangers
The list goes on. The complete list will be on our website under Law Enforcement.
We currently have DPMS rifles in combat in Iraq and Afghanistan. We also have security contractor’s teams with Hundreds of DPMS rifles in Iraq.
The Jordanian Army Special Forces have over 500 DPMS AP4’s that are being used to assist and defend Jordan.
DPMS Also supplies thousands of rifles to Law Enforcement departments all over America.
Our market is the American shooter who desires an AR with options. All DPMS fire control parts are made per Mil-spec material and heat treat specifications. We use 4140 steel on our barrels because it’s the 21st century. Regarding Chrome lined barrels DPMS has manufactured thousands of chromed lined barrels for our customers and our competitors. We offer chromed lined barrels as an option.

All the best to gun owners of America and God bless our troops;

Randy Luth
President DPMS

Thank you for stopping by. I am a LE end user and I have used your products for years.

Both, your company and your products have served me well.

Merry Christmas.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:17:55 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I recently received a free bolt carrier group stamped "D" on both the carrier and bolt. The gas key is not staked at all. Assuming this is a DPMS carrier, is this normal for DPMS carriers? Do you use some other method of insuring the gas key screws do not come loose?

FYI
I just bought two BCGs both with the "D" stamped on the carrier and bolt. Carriers are standard AR-15 carriers. However the gas keys were staked differently. One had been staked like Tweak recommends in his thread. The other one had been staked like in this picture (the one in the midle):
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/boltcatch/carriers.jpg

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:53:02 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
We use 4140 steel on our barrels because it’s the 21st century.

Randy Luth
President DPMS

Can you elaborate on that statement?  What is the rationale for choosing 4140 over 4150 if both are available?  
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 1:41:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Randy Luth
President DPMS

Can you elaborate on that statement?  What is the rationale for choosing 4140 over 4150 if both are available?  

Same reason their lowers are full of left over forge remnents front, rear, and inside the trigger guard, their working parts still have the machine marks all over them, and their bolts and carriers are full of tool marks and gouges.  Namely, to save a few pennies on finishing costs.  Now none of the above may affect accuracy and/or reliability, but they sure as hell don't do anything for pride of ownership.

And yes, I've owned two DPMS lowers, a bunch of their innards, and a bolt carrier (for about two weeks).  The only DPMS parts I've ever owned that were finished up to what I consider acceptable standards are the current issue AR hammers, and the ambidextrous safety.  Everything else was tool marked and either needed refinishing or scrapping and replacement before the piece could be used.

You folks that are happy w/your DPMS stuff?--bless you and have a nice holiday season.  I'm glad you didn't get screwed on your purchases.  I did  The first (complete) lower assy I bought of theirs, new in the wrap, came w/a gouged butt stock, a totally out of spec bolt hold open that had to be replaced before the piece could be used, and the cut in the front lugs was off center, so the upper tilted to the left when installed. The currently owned stripped lower I've been working on came w/forge lines so pronounced that you could rip your hand on the one in the rear, or your finger in the trigger guard.  Since it was for a project that involved reshaping to early M16 configuration, I  went ahead and got the thing anyway, and cleaned up the crap as I did the reshaping.

But for any off the shelf use, I'll never buy DPMS again.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 2:00:45 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Randy Luth
President DPMS

Same reason their lowers are full of left over forge remnents front, rear, and inside the trigger guard, their working parts still have the machine marks all over them, and their bolts and carriers are full of tool marks and gouges.  Namely, to save a few pennies on finishing costs.  Now none of the above may affect accuracy and/or reliability, but they sure as hell don't do anything for pride of ownership.

And yes, I've owned two DPMS lowers, a bunch of their innards, and a bolt carrier (for about two weeks).  The only DPMS parts I've ever owned that were finished up to what I consider acceptable standards are the current issue AR hammers, and the ambidextrous safety.  Everything else was tool marked and either needed refinishing or scrapping and replacement before the piece could be used.

You folks that are happy w/your DPMS stuff?--bless you and have a nice holiday season.  I'm glad you didn't get screwed on your purchases.  I did  The first (complete) lower assy I bought of theirs, new in the wrap, came w/a gouged butt stock, a totally out of spec bolt hold open that had to be replaced before the piece could be used, and the cut in the front lugs was off center, so the upper tilted to the left when installed. The currently owned stripped lower I've been working on came w/forge lines so pronounced that you could rip your hand on the one in the rear, or your finger in the trigger guard.  Since it was for a project that involved reshaping to early M16 configuration, I  went ahead and got the thing anyway, and cleaned up the crap as I did the reshaping.

But for any off the shelf use, I'll never buy DPMS again.

And you did do the smart thing and send it back to them and make them aware of the problem and have them fix it, didn't you?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 3:43:48 PM EDT
[#10]
I got my DPMS "M4" upper yesterday, it looks perfect, the "glacier guards" (DPMSs, version of M4 HGs) are nice and tight, not all wiggly like my old HGs (I did melt them pretty bad once though), I also got another DPMS B/BC/CH, in adition to the one supplied with the upper, it to looks perfect, I will test fire it soon, but I see no potentual problems. I got mine from R Guns, the price was great and I got it fast. I will be building my 4th lower with a DPMS LPK, I've yet to have a problem with the first three.

I am so impressed with DPMS I have contacted them about becomeing a dealer. Of coarse I'll test fire everything just to make sure it works, right.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:30:50 PM EDT
[#11]
i cant keep DPMS rifles in stock were i work....we get them 12 at a time and out of that maybe 2 or 3 will make it to the wall...and those dont stay there for two days. we have yet to have any come back with problems and i know alot of the guys that buy them....they shoot the crap out of those guns...the ones we have come back with probs most of the time are bushmasters. i would have to say that DPMS and RRA are two of the best makers out there....go for DPMS man you cant go wrong. its great quality cheap. i will say that about 10 years ago they were crap...but they have really got their act together.
DPMS kicks ace!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:50:24 PM EDT
[#12]
We did a group buy on DPMS engraved lowers.  I've been putting DPMS LPKs in them.  No complaints so far.  

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 2:29:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Back a few years ago one of the deputies I worked with and I bought LEO carbines at the same time.  I forked out some dough for an ArmaLite with a few options and Ceasar went on the cheap and bought a basic 16" DPMS carbine.  Guess who's rifle worked right out of the box and guess which one had to be returned to the factory twice for feeding problems?  Ceasar's cheapo DPMS fed everything even using USA-brand magazines.  My ArmaLite would only feed ball.  ArmaLite did fix it and it's fine now.  

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 2:30:26 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
We did a group buy on DPMS engraved lowers.  I've been putting DPMS LPKs in them.  No complaints so far.  

img.photobucket.com/albums/v364/Tomtx/bp2.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v364/Tomtx/bp1.jpg

Hey!

That's a Stag Arms lower on the right side of the top picture!
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 3:46:00 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v364/Tomtx/bp2.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v364/Tomtx/bp1.jpg

Hey!

That's a Stag Arms lower on the right side of the top picture!

Yup  , I swapped the parts from the Stag into the DPMS lower for one of the guys.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 4:15:20 AM EDT
[#16]
My first AR was the DPMS economy model. A1 upper, cast lower. It works, most of the time.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 6:04:24 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

And you did do the smart thing and send it back to them and make them aware of the problem and have them fix it, didn't you?

No, I did the smart thing and got rid of that POS first lower

If the shmucks couldn't get it right the first time, why the hell should I expect them to be able to do any better the second time around? Think I'm being unreasonable?  Do a search for DPMS threads and make note of how often people have posted that they sent a DPMS product back to fix a problem, and got it back unfixed.  Worked on maybe, but still not working right.

Guess it depends on the phase of the moon, or day of the week, or something, but about 1/2 the posters on problems w/DPMS stuff say they fixed a problem, and the other 1/2 say the problem came back unfixed.

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:55:57 PM EDT
[#18]
I have a stripped DPMS lower custom engraved by Sawyer's. Installed CMT LPK and BCG, RRA upper, and BM fixed telestock assembly. It is a true frankengun. My rifle hasn't experienced any problem so far. I excessively lubed it for its first outing to get the moving parts broken in and it's been a real shooter since.

I had no problems installing parts on the DPMS receiver, so I wouldn't hesitate to use another DPMS receiver for future builds involving non-DPMS parts.

Fit and finish were pretty good to my eye. There are some machine marks under the anodization on the front of the mag well and a little flashing at the base of the receiver where the stock attaches. They are very minimal and they haven't bothered me. They don't affect the performance of the rifle and they are unobstrusive when handling the rifle- I think they're "normal" since they feel dehorned. The anodization and machining on the rest of the receiver is consistent, smooth, and a deep, rich black. I'm rather proud of the rifle since it was my first firearm and I assembled it myself from parts.

Overall, my experience with DPMS has been positive. I would cross-reference DPMS (forged) lowers under well-made, in-spec, and well-priced.

ETA:

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 2:41:58 PM EDT
[#19]
GAP uses their 308 recievers to build some of the best AR 10 type rifles on the planet.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:02:33 AM EDT
[#20]
3 lower parts kits.
1 "SP1" style upper
1 Forged Lower
no issues to report
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:41:49 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Who???

The complete list will be on our website under Law Enforcement.

No it's not.  Just information on agencies or individuals buying them.

What exactly do you mean by that? Are you saying that you can heat treat and temper the 4140 so that it's superior to most manufacturers 4150?  I can accept that since a lot of a metals attributes come from the heat treat.  But, 4150 is still a superior steel with more potential. Why not use the better techniques on it instead?  Is there something about the 4140 that allows you to do more iwth it then?

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:52:11 AM EDT
[#22]
I have had very bad luck with DPMS parts.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:07:01 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I have a stripped DPMS lower custom engraved by Sawyer's. Installed CMT LPK and BCG, RRA upper, and BM fixed telestock assembly. It is a true frankengun. My rifle hasn't experienced any problem so far. I excessively lubed it for its first outing to get the moving parts broken in and it's been a real shooter since.

I had no problems installing parts on the DPMS receiver, so I wouldn't hesitate to use another DPMS receiver for future builds involving non-DPMS parts.

Fit and finish were pretty good to my eye. There are some machine marks under the anodization on the front of the mag well and a little flashing at the base of the receiver where the stock attaches. They are very minimal and they haven't bothered me. They don't affect the performance of the rifle and they are unobstrusive when handling the rifle- I think they're "normal" since they feel dehorned. The anodization and machining on the rest of the receiver is consistent, smooth, and a deep, rich black. I'm rather proud of the rifle since it was my first firearm and I assembled it myself from parts.

Overall, my experience with DPMS has been positive. I would cross-reference DPMS (forged) lowers under well-made, in-spec, and well-priced.

ETA:
tinypic.com/j5gs46.jpg
tinypic.com/j5gryw.jpg
tinypic.com/j5gs2w.jpg

Sport,

If either one of the DPMS lowers I got had looked even half that good, I'd have been pleased.  In fact, the front wall of my Bushie lower looks exactly like that, and I've never given it a second thought.

You pics just reinforce what I've posted earlier. If one is going to buy any DPMS stuff, go to where you can see it and make sure it's a decent piece, before you plunk any money down.

Because if you mail order it, you're engaging in a craps shoot.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 10:11:59 AM EDT
[#24]
1 Oly Frankenrifle 24" bull, 1 Colt car. stock, 1 DPMS Frankenrifle w/ 6.8 upper. Never had a single issue with any of them. I feel left out. I have nothing to bitch about. Thank you God!

ODG
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 12:05:17 PM EDT
[#25]
something else to remember is just because its mil-spec does not mean its the best........military contracts go to the lowest bidder.........some things may be better but not mil-spec
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 1:27:45 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who???

No it's not.  Just information on agencies or individuals buying them.

What exactly do you mean by that? Are you saying that you can heat treat and temper the 4140 so that it's superior to most manufacturers 4150?  I can accept that since a lot of a metals attributes come from the heat treat.  But, 4150 is still a superior steel with more potential. Why not use the better techniques on it instead?  Is there something about the 4140 that allows you to do more iwth it then?

Go back in the archives. Dennysguns had posted pictures from a test that was conducted using  unlined dpms barrels. They were actually testing something else, the barrel test was a by-product. each barrel went at least 20,000  rounds of full auto fire before failure. Not shabby at all.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 1:30:12 PM EDT
[#27]

Who???

I think I know who he is talking about, but it is actually publicly known by a different name. Not sure though.

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 1:31:40 PM EDT
[#28]

No it's not. Just information on agencies or individuals buying them.

Key wording slick. Will be, as in, Hasn't been added to the website yet.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 2:13:22 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
something else to remember is just because its mil-spec does not mean its the best........military contracts go to the lowest bidder.........some things may be better but not mil-spec

Sure, they go to the lowest bidder, but they are built to spec...or else. There ARE things that are better than mil spec, but almost everything that ISNT mil spec or produced to mil spec is made to pawn off on civilians who don't know the difference in quality.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 2:13:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Anybody who thinks DPMS is low quality has never had an Olympic!

I know some of the old DPMS cast lowers could look pretty rough but I've built on a couple of the new forged ones with zero problems.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 2:14:29 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

No it's not. Just information on agencies or individuals buying them.

Key wording slick. Will be, as in, Hasn't been added to the website yet.

Hmm, what about the CA agency that had 30 DPMS autos......and 1/3 of them had broken lugs before 1k rounds were fired?
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 4:09:31 PM EDT
[#32]
We can go back and forth and forth and back on this that it is simple-

There will always be someone that has been burned by company XYZ...for me and me only, I have had nothing but excellent service from my DPMS parts.  I have never, in 5 lowers and countless LPKs, ever had to send back or contact DPMS about a problem.

My one factory built from the box Bushmaster has sucked and so did the Customer Service or lack of. Never again will I buy and do mean NEVER AGAIN, a Bushmaster, no matter how many people post positive things about them.

When a company tells me-"We have no interest in looking at your rifle", then F-em...they can rot.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 4:56:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Amen !  F*** 'em !!   All My DPMS Rifles work.  
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 5:42:50 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:14:20 AM EDT
[#35]
near-perfect DPMS Panther .223 with a 4x12 Bushnell scope on it. It has the 20" stainless heavy barrel with the flat-top receiver. There are also (2) 20-round and (2) 30-round mags with it, along with the 10-rounder that came with it. Fired less than 150 rounds. Includes a bipod, not mounted. (Harris knockoff)

model BULL20pfA3

the guy wants $675 for it........is it worth it ?

I assume it's an older model since it came with one 10rd mag
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:43:03 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
near-perfect DPMS Panther .223 with a 4x12 Bushnell scope on it. It has the 20" stainless heavy barrel with the flat-top receiver. There are also (2) 20-round and (2) 30-round mags with it, along with the 10-rounder that came with it. Fired less than 150 rounds. Includes a bipod, not mounted. (Harris knockoff)

model BULL20pfA3

the guy wants $675 for it........is it worth it ?

I assume it's an older model since it came with one 10rd mag

Complete rifle?  That's a good deal if that's the configuration you want.  $625 would be an even better deal.  My 20" bull barrel would shoot 1 MOA with WWB.  I could get groups I could cover under a dime with better ammo.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:53:43 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+10

I havent had any problem at all except my ammo dissappears, to me I do not have any respect in any other company because DPMS
has taken care of me personally. I was at a show about 8 months ago and told a dealer about a problem
I had and he called DPMS right there on the phone, He was told to replace the part right there on the spot.
The part was a A3 flat-top upper receiver, the spot where the charging handle rubs on the receiver catching
it wore off and hit me in the upper lip. I was just  browsing his table and told him the problem, he gave me a new upper receiver!!!!
If it were me, I wouldnt trust anybody but he trusted me. Gave it to me right off the table, I spoke to
him a few days later to give him the defective upper he didnt even expect me to return it to him.
He also told me that DPMS credited his account, ever since then...............I WILL ALWAYS CHOOSE DPMS!! Thats a company............I have never heard any other company to that to anyone out of the blue like that.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:06:43 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+10

I havent had any problem at all except my ammo dissappears, to me I do not have any respect in any other company because DPMS
has taken care of me personally. I was at a show about 8 months ago and told a dealer about a problem
I had and he called DPMS right there on the phone, He was told to replace the part right there on the spot.
The part was a A3 flat-top upper receiver, the spot where the charging handle rubs on the receiver catching
it wore off and hit me in the upper lip. I was just  browsing his table and told him the problem, he gave me a new upper receiver!!!!
If it were me, I wouldnt trust anybody but he trusted me. Gave it to me right off the table, I spoke to
him a few days later to give him the defective upper he didnt even expect me to return it to him.
He also told me that DPMS credited his account, ever since then...............I WILL ALWAYS CHOOSE DPMS!! Thats a company............I have never heard any other company to that to anyone out of the blue like that.

It's always good to hear reports like this one.  The AR market is very crowded.  We shouldn't have to be treated like sh!t by one company or another when there are so many companies who want and appreciate our support.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:55:51 AM EDT
[#39]
I  bet if  DPMS giving a contract with any government office and some free PR.
A bunch of you guys will start seeing post on how great they are.
Also see post,that their better than Bushmaster & Armalite etc.

Think Im wrong? look at RRA....they use to be the same ratings as DPMS.

Dont have to be made of 4150 steel or chromed lined or forged,just get a government contract.

Or a pretty paint job.

TG
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:10:47 AM EDT
[#40]
My DPMS lowers have always been easy to build on, and are finished uniformly. The uppers have always shot well and worked well. I have always been happy with my DPMS parts. That being said, I love my colt too. I just wish it would stop walking FCG pins
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:12:21 AM EDT
[#41]
I only have (and have ever had) two AR's, (one DPMS rifle, one DPMS built from stripped lower with DPMS used upper) -------so this is a what I like, what works for me post.

With that being said (written), let me say my DPMS is better than your Bushy --- my Chevy truck is better than your Ford ---- my Ruger is better than your Browning ---- my Nikes are better than your New Balance...........

Like I said above I own and have had good experiences with DPMS --- this experience along with their customer service have eaned DPMS my customer loyalty..............

Oh  -  I almost forgot our Texas Longhorns are better than their  USC Trojans!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:22:49 PM EDT
[#42]
My experiences with DPMS,

Placed a parts order, and had real problems. Some items were not shipped, and the items that did ship were incorrect. Contacted DPMS Customer Support and filed a complaint. Was contacted personally by Randy Luth who apologized for the mistake, and advised that the correct items would be shipped at no charge. Items showed up 2 days later free of charge.

It would have been great if they got the order correct the first time, but when the Owner of the Company responds to correct a mistake it really says something in my book.

Complete .223 AR - 3 plus years of use, and round count into the thousands, never had a single problem. IMHO it is on par with my Rock River AR.

Complete .308 AR - had some failure to feed problems when I switched from the early/original polymer mags to the new steel mags. DPMS had me send the rifle back at their expense and it was fixed and returned in under 3 weeks. It now throws down sub MOA groups all day long with no problems.

I obviously wish I would have not had the problem with the rifle, but I think DPMS went above and beyond to make sure that it was fixed very quickly at no expense to me.

I would love to deal with a company that never made a mistake, and had perfect products, but everybody is going to have a “bad day” sooner or later. The kind of response that they make to the “bad day” says a lot to me.

I will not hesitate to purchase DPMS products in the future.

A very big thanks to Randy, Shane, and the rest of the gang at DPMS for all of their hard work! It is very refreshing to know that IMHO that DPMS has not lost touch or focus on their customers.

Thanks,
“Capt Richardson”

PS: also don’t forget about all of the support that DPMS has thrown into the shooting community as many others pointed out!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:10:02 PM EDT
[#43]
I got my first ar about a year ago,a DPMS "16 bull barrel.I followed the break in procedure with no problems of any kind,and have run about 5-600 rounds with no problems.So far I am very happy,this is a very accurate,[moa or slightly less]reliable rifle.
Personally,I am very impressed that the owner of the company cares enough to reply on this forumn.
When I was looking to buy, I asked around and for evert 10 people I asked,I got at least 8 or 9 opinions on what to buy.I bet if you started this thread over and changed the name ,you would have the same discussion.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:17:43 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Who???

I think I know who he is talking about, but it is actually publicly known by a different name. Not sure though.

CTU?

Go Jack Bauer, I mean Frank Flynn.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top