AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:32:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for thr replies
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:29:12 PM EDT
[#2]
The folks at the range today must of thought there was something wrong with me.  I dropped a couple empty mags into a puddle (no shortage of those around here these days), then loaded them up and ran a few hundred rounds through them.  I've got over a thousand rounds through the CP mags now and the only fail to feed was early on, one round.  I'm not even sure it was a mag issue, but it never occurred again.  I comfortable adding them to my duty mags now.  

Anyone else had an opportunity to try out the CP mags?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 2:04:12 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The folks at the range today must of thought there was something wrong with me.  I dropped a couple empty mags into a puddle (no shortage of those around here these days), then loaded them up and ran a few hundred rounds through them.  I've got over a thousand rounds through the CP mags now and the only fail to feed was early on, one round.  I'm not even sure it was a mag issue, but it never occurred again.  I comfortable adding them to my duty mags now.  

Where do you shoot at Eric?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:24:56 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where do you shoot at Eric?

My depts range and TSC.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 1:19:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Good info, thanks for the followup.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:13:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Suggestion for CP's next project:  20 round and 32 round 9mm mags!

Quoted:
It's closer than you may think!

CP

Are they really considering making 9mm magazines or are they already working on it?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:02:21 PM EDT
[#7]
That has been on the drawing board for almost a year. As a matter of fact, we have first piece layouts done to begin a progressive die. But we will not move forward with it until the 30 round SS is in the market.
One project we are very seriously considering is a 40 round .223.

CP
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:09:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

CP

I'll put in my early vote.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:05:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Hope that you'll go with the 9mm mags before starting on the 40's.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:12:02 PM EDT
[#10]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:

CP
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That would rock I would buy these hehese,later God bless and have a good one .
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:02:48 PM EDT
[#11]
I wouldn't mind a nice option out there for a 9mm...  It would give me even more reason to build one...

TS
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:48:05 PM EDT
[#12]
tag
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:42:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the order.

CP
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 11:27:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Is there a date stamp on these magazines???  Just curious
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 11:59:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Kurt,
No stamp.

CP
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:15:16 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I know why you're asking brother and it ain't worth it.  Do you want to spend some time in Rikers?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:33:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Deleted
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:18:18 AM EDT
[#18]
We are very proud that Wideners will be selling the C Products, LLC SS magazine, however, the magazines will not be shipped until Shot Show 2-9-06.  

CP
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:29:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Wideners SS price is $24.95 each.

CP
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:17:49 PM EDT
[#20]
I'd be interested in a teflon or dry-film coated reproduction of straight bodied 20 round magazines with alloy followers.

Anybody else?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:26:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Affordable 9mm (and 6.8spc ) mags would be very good
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:41:17 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I'd be interested in a teflon or dry-film coated reproduction of straight bodied 20 round magazines with alloy followers.

Anybody else?

+1

Quoted:
Affordable 9mm (and 6.8spc ) mags would be very good

+1

TS
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:24:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Very nice review Eric.  Now if we can only get Stickman to take some pictures as well!

What if any benefit do the straight 20 have guys?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:29:29 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
We are very proud that Wideners will be selling the C Products, LLC SS magazine, however, the magazines will not be shipped until Shot Show 2-9-06.  

CP

We are accepting Pre-Orders on the SS magazines, They will ship out as soon as we recieve them.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:22:41 AM EDT
[#25]
"What if any benefit do the straight 20 have guys?"
Legal for civilian service rifle competition.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:57:24 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Affordable 9mm  mags would be very good

+1
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:50:58 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Very nice review Eric.  Now if we can only get Stickman to take some pictures as well!

What if any benefit do the straight 20 have guys?

Quoted:
Legal for civilian service rifle competition.

The straight 20 round mags (w/ alum follower) are some of sturdiest, most durable there are.  Original Colt mags from the 60's are still going strong.  Also 20rd USGI mag pouches are available for carrying them....  

TS
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:17:45 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Anybody else?

Yes, very much so!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:45:04 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know why you're asking brother and it ain't worth it.  Do you want to spend some time in Rikers?

I need some replacement mag bodies.  I would never, never even contemplate breaking the law if that is what you were thinking
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:52:43 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I need some replacement mag bodies.  I would never, never even contemplate breaking the law if that is what you were thinking

Oh, well in that case, rock on!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:06:07 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Anybody else?

Yes, very much so!

I'd be on that like Bling on a Crunk Challance .
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:22:43 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Anybody else?

Teflon coated straight bodied 20 round magazines.
Yes, please!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:02:02 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Anybody else?

Yes, please!

Larry, any word on this?

TS

BTW: I got my curved 20 and it works flawlessly.  I love it...  
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:49:37 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, please!

Larry, any word on this?

TS

BTW: I got my curved 20 and it works flawlessly.  I love it...  

Looks like I'm not alone.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 12:44:37 PM EDT
[#35]
tag for 9mm mags.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:07:29 AM EDT
[#36]
Was the problem with the first run that they were out of spec? I bought a bunch of bodies from Brownells (about a year ago IIRC0 and they wouldn't even fit in the magwell of my PWA. (Unfortunately I didn't keep my receipt to return them.)

I just got another pair of bodies from Brownells and they fit great.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:21:52 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Was the problem with the first run that they were out of spec? I bought a bunch of bodies from Brownells (about a year ago IIRC0 and they wouldn't even fit in the magwell of my PWA. (Unfortunately I didn't keep my receipt to return them.)

Brownells has great customer service.  I would contact them and ask about an exchange.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:47:03 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Brownells has great customer service.  I would contact them and ask about an exchange.

Props to tochhc235 for offering to help if Brownells wouldn't. But I contacted Brownells and they did have a record of my order and were able to provide the invoice number for an exchange.

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:28:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Vandal.
I'm glad we could help.

CP
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:42:25 AM EDT
[#40]
tagged for future 9mm magazines
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:49:54 AM EDT
[#41]
i had purchased ten of their thirty rounders at shot this past weekend.  I was so excited to try them out i went shooting yesterday at a local range.   From the ten mags i had three that  did not feed the last round.  On all three the bolt would lock back with the last round and the round was sitting on top of the mag without being in the mag.  The round can be dropped out of the ejection area since nothing was holding it in place.  Of the three mags one did not lock the bolt back.  

I thought that it might be the rounds i was using since i was using wolf.  So i tried some regular brass.  No problems whatsoever with the mags shot fine and locked the bolt back every time.  

I wanted to retest with wolf but i had no more rounds of wolf left.  

All in all i like te mags and think that they just need some breaking in.  Also when i used the mags i downloaded them to 28 rounds each.  I don't know if that affects things.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top