Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:30:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice rifles, everyone.

[ponders A1 build]...
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 11:18:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Very cool A1.
I like the A1's as a survival rifle...they are lighter-weight and the rear sights are tougher.  
Your build is more authentic than my old SP-1 since you've got the push-pin upper and forward assist.

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:36:14 AM EDT
[#3]
You going to do a A1 build Templar?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:05:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:14:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Are there any lowers that come close to matching these uppers without  being colt?  
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:34:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Placer CBS used to sell the light-profile 1/7" 20 inch barrlels long ago......think I paid 129.00 for the on on my  clone
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/villafuego/bblmarks.jpg
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:45:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Are there any lowers that come close to matching these uppers without  being colt?  

You mean matching in color?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:48:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You going to do a A1 build Templar?

I had already done one a while back, I used the 1964 Colt SP-1 that I had and swapped uppers with a large hole Colt with A1 sight and forward assist (SP-2 upper?) and installed a M16 barrel from SARCO on it.

I liked it alot, but sold the '64 SP-1 to a buddy for big bucks....he's a collector more than a shooter and I'm a shooter who happens to "collect" stuff, and I didn't feel comfortable using the old girl in the 3 Gun Competitions that I do, I didn't want such a pristine rifle scratched up.

I'm in the process of building an A2 clone, much like yours, and that baby will be used HARD.

I was going to do a XM16E1 with a SP1 lower, and one of those big hole uppers with the forwars assist.  Would have been like the rifle you described, but the SP1 ended up being something else, sort of how things go sometimes.  Know what you mean about selling a collectable like that 64.  Have thought about buying a early one, but would rather build one, then you are not tempted to sell because of collector value.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:59:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Elkie, yes matching in color.  Looking for another alternative than putting out the big bucks everyone wants for a Colt lower.  I see atleast some have used the norells to finish lowers.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:28:31 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Elkie, yes matching in color.  Looking for another alternative than putting out the big bucks everyone wants for a Colt lower.  I see atleast some have used the norells to finish lowers.

Sure, there are other gray lowers out there.  It is a real pain to try and track one down, and then it may or not be the same gray as the upper you have.  Gray uppers tend to also be expensive, in that most are pre-94, so carry a premium price because of the bans in non free States.  Because of the price deference, I buy new Colt's lowers, and Norrell's coat to match.

But, if you want to look, I can give you some ideas on some "pre-94" lowers that have been gray:

Bushmaster (not common)
Eagle Arms (Coal Valley)
EA. CO

Am sure some others can help you out here.  Also, I understand DPMS offers gray, as an option.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top