User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:59:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I want to try that on my lower; I have a lower from Spike's Tactical and it has a cool receiver marking of a Tribal Spider on it and I wonder how it'll look.

Now I have something to do tommorrow other than paying my bills.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:35:44 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:56:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey josh,why you have to be a prick i just asked a question in an other form (about getting my lower painted) then smart asses like your self always have to bash or put their low IQ in it.Way to go buddie
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:23:09 AM EDT
[#4]
JoeR has some good points and maybe, instead of dissing him, you may want to understand the downside of marking your guns.

I have painted (Norrels and Duracoat) numerous guns for myself and others. I have also tried coloring the markings. On one gun in particular, I wish I hadn't. The roll marks are uneven and the colored lettering looks horrible. It's a bitch trying to remove it.

Take that for what it's worth. He also has an opinion, and last I checked, this is an open forum so:

Shut up ...shuttin up

Bomber
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:03:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It's not about my opinion of what is "cool" or not.  It's about you doing a fucking search before asking a question.  Hell, if you'd look at more than half of one page in the AR15 discussions you'd see a "coloring" thread without even having to search.

Real nice. I think we are going to have call you the Search Nazi.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:11:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Testers Model Paint.

Won't crayon melt in the sun?

Tack
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:20:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It's not about my opinion of what is "cool" or not.  It's about you doing a fucking search before asking a question.  Hell, if you'd look at more than half of one page in the AR15 discussions you'd see a "coloring" thread without even having to search.

Real nice. I think we are going to have call you the Search Nazi.

Two things-

#1- You don't think
#2- I've already been called that.  Or, Dupe Police.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:33:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Just stating a fact,no harm done.

thats good i bet you have be called that!!!

well said what i wanted to say,HAVE A GOOD DAY

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:13:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a Zombie Lower that will be in progress in the next few weeks and I will most likey use China Markers to 'color' the Zombie and the roll marks.  As the purpose isn't to be uber tactical, but to be a Fun Zombie lower!!!
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:44:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Good luck edwin. hope it turns out for you
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:08:34 PM EDT
[#11]

I have painted (Norrels and Duracoat) numerous guns for myself and others. I have also tried coloring the markings. On one gun in particular, I wish I hadn't. The roll marks are uneven and the colored lettering looks horrible. It's a bitch trying to remove it.

If you use the oil crayons, all you need is a toothbrush and some oil to clean them out.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:02:03 PM EDT
[#12]
I used good old fashioned China Markers.

Use rubbing alcohol to prep the surface, then silicone oil to remove the excess. Looks great.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:16:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Beavo451 had a harder time removing his excess- from the picture thread, part 11, page 31:

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:25:29 PM EDT
[#14]

Orig posted by JosephR:

That is a hell of a good looking carbine Joe. Which finish was it from Duracoat.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:03:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks!!

Regular Duracoat in Tiger Stripe.  

Since I'm "gay" and need a camo-colored rifle to be uber-cool, I want to do Foliage Green or some sort of drab dark green/gray now!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:09:35 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Thanks!!

Since I'm "gay" and need a camo-colored rifle to be uber-cool, I want to do Foliage Green or some sort of drab dark green/gray now!

+87 w00t!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:10:26 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I used good old fashioned China Markers.

i15.photobucket.com/albums/a362/Sablelieger/Others/DSC00858.jpg

i15.photobucket.com/albums/a362/Sablelieger/Others/DSC00859.jpg

Use rubbing alcohol to prep the surface, then silicone oil to remove the excess. Looks great.

looks good  same method Ive used before
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:01:26 PM EDT
[#18]
wow that was some entertainment. A guy asks what people use to  make the markings stand out. I my self was kind of curious so it was a good topic. And gets bashed. He did get his answer. wouldn't think that it would be 3 pages. We used to use the supply common white. found in most desk drawers back in the day. White out. dab it on and whipe off really quick. its the ticket when doing the inventory in a dark ass arms room every month...
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:04:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Way too much time on peoples hands...
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:12:02 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm now fully convinced most people are stupid!

Is there a difference between

A.)  I don't like people who color in their lettering

and

B.)  I don't like people who can't fucking search and get cranky when someone points out that their question has been answered 87 times already because all they needed to do was fucking look for the answer instead of ask the question!!!

The answer is YES there is.  

To clarify, my point has been B and NOT A
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:46:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Do you get a badge if you have more than 5k posts? In that case I'll get right to it to patrol the forum myself. Guess the wife got an iron grip on someone’s balls so someone needs a place to shine.

Sorry for not being able to more than one search every 60sec, might have caught the earlier thread then.

Spend more time on the range instead of your kid’s computer.

Good shooting, Chris

Ps. Thanks for all the pics, this thread is sure more useful even thought 95% of it is BS.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:16:24 AM EDT
[#22]
No, I haven't gotten the badge yet.

I have to be "nominated" so go tell a mod that I've been mean to you.

I can't do anything about my post count so it's irrelevant to the discussion here.  

If you think I've made 5k posts to increase my dick size, well I'm pretty disappointed still and my goal will have to be 1M to make a difference from where I'm sitting.

It doesn't matter if you can only search for "coloring" once every sixty seconds.  Search for it ONCE and you won't need to search again.  

Use your GD brain and you will only have to search once.

No, instead you go and take 90 seconds to create a post.  How intelligent is that?  At the very best you won't get any responses at all for most dupe topics.  People will just ignore it and move on.  I'm just trying to get some of you to understand it's worth your time to search or READ!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:41:45 AM EDT
[#23]
will it ever end???

Just  to egg everyone on...

Hey has anybody done any test on what crayon works best. You say china markers are good? has anyone checked what one is made of. I don't want to harm the precioush.gifh.gifh.gif
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:46:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Lacquer Stik.

One stick for $2.18 will do over 87,000 markings.

Works great on every gun/finish I have used it on.

And it won't turn you gehy    

www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/productdetail.aspx?p=7778&s=
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:19:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Lacquer sticks are definitely the more professional way to go.

I'm not knocking coloring per so, just ignorant useless creating of duplicate threads
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:07:56 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Thanks!!

Wouldn't magenta or pink make more sense?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:41:54 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
JoeR has some good points .....
Bomber

That would be a first.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:06:01 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
JoeR has some good points .....
Bomber

That would be a first.

You are the biggest f*cking Lon Moer!!  Did you get the pin I sent you?  You know- the one that says you are head of my fan club?

Let's get something straight between us- I've been wondering- is your "PRK" for California or  People's Rupublic of Korea (South Korea) as would be the correct use of PRK???  Either way, what are you doing in an AR15 forum?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:14:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Guys, guys! Let's not lower ourselves to name-calling here. This is supposed to be topic of discussion; not a trash-talking session.

If you don't like painting your lettering, then fine; don't post here. No need for the "People that paint their lettering are ghey" responses fellas. If you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything.

Is that so hard? I didn't think so.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:17:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:28:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Okay, I'll play.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top