User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 4:52:28 PM EDT
[#1]
You guys are still only up to bump firing rifles? I have been quite successful with my 1911 with a tactical rail on the front end. BTW, anyone knowwhere I can get more 20 round 1911 magazines(single stack)?
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 5:42:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I've never tried to bump fire an AR, but the disco on my Benelli M3 broke once and I dumped 7+1 of magnum 00 buckshot in less than a second...

...After I shat myself I put the gun away, went to my local FFL for repairs, then called it a day...
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 6:16:29 PM EDT
[#3]
pretty sure I saw 20 rd 1911 mags in the center fire systems catalog.  Single stack.

www.centerfiresystems.com
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 7:44:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've never tried to bump fire an AR, but the disco on my Benelli M3 broke once and I dumped 7+1 of magnum 00 buckshot in less than a second...

...After I shat myself I put the gun away, went to my local FFL for repairs, then called it a day...
View Quote

Same thing happened to me with my m3.  went to close the action and it would close.  the pump basically slid back and forth freely.  What happened to yours when it broke?
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 7:59:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Same thing happened to me with my m3.  went to close the action and it would close.  the pump basically slid back and forth freely.  What happened to yours when it broke?
View Quote

The hook on the disco that prevents the hammer from riding forward and slam firing wasn't engaging properly-so there was nothing to stop the gun from going F/A when I started shooting.

It happened in 1991 when I was still a newbie. It shook me up pretty badly-the recoil made it damn near impossible to keep the gun down. At least nothing went over the backstop.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 8:07:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

The hook on the disco that prevents the hammer from riding forward and slam firing wasn't engaging properly-so there was nothing to stop the gun from going F/A when I started shooting.

It happened in 1991 when I was still a newbie. It shook me up pretty badly-the recoil made it damn near impossible to keep the gun down. At least nothing went over the backstop.
View Quote

Heck, this happened to me 2 years ago.  Went to show my brother that I could dump 9 rounds (7+1+1 in the carrier) before the first shell hit the ground.  I must have backed up about two feet when I was done.  It was a bummer when the action was stuck open and the slide moved freely (on pumps, that's pretty much a dead gun).  But I tore it apart and cleaned it and it seemed to cycle OK.  What did they replace in your m3 to get it repaired (I'm wondering what failed because something tells me that something isn't right with mine).  
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 8:13:04 PM EDT
[#7]
All they had to replace was the disco. Everything else was fine, and it was under warranty.

Aside from scaring the bejesus out of me no permanent harm was done [:)]
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 2:22:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
pretty sure I saw 20 rd 1911 mags in the center fire systems catalog.  Single stack.

www.centerfiresystems.com
View Quote

They only have 15 rounders, but that will do, thanks for the link
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 7:26:57 PM EDT
[#9]
I AM THE PERSON THAT CALLED GUN TALK SO WHAT. I CAN HIT A PLATE PLATE AT 100 OR 2OO YARD WITH MY M4 BUMPING WITH A SHORT BURST I DO NOT HIP SHOOT IT. I LEARN HOW A AR 15 COM GUN STOCK SO WHAT. WHAT I DO IS HOLD MY RIFLE OVER MY CHEST. AND LEAVE MY 6 POSTION STOCK A LITTLE LOSE AND LINE MY RED DOT ON MY TARGET. PUT MY FINGER IN THE TIGGER AND PULL THE RIFFLE AWAY FROM ME A LITTLE IT WORK GREAT. I ALL SO HAVE 20/15 VISION. TRUTH IS TOM ON GUN TALK DOES NOT LIKE AR TYPE GUNS. HE IS A BOLT MAN THAT IS FINE. THANKS FOR LET ME KNOW THAT I AM A DUMB LIER !!!  FREEDOM IS NOT FREE  
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 6:53:26 AM EDT
[#10]
You might hit the plate wiht the first round.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 8:16:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I AM THE PERSON THAT CALLED GUN TALK SO WHAT. I CAN HIT A PLATE PLATE AT 100 OR 2OO YARD WITH MY M4 BUMPING WITH A SHORT BURST I DO NOT HIP SHOOT IT. I LEARN HOW A AR 15 COM GUN STOCK SO WHAT. WHAT I DO IS HOLD MY RIFLE OVER MY CHEST. AND LEAVE MY 6 POSTION STOCK A LITTLE LOSE AND LINE MY RED DOT ON MY TARGET. PUT MY FINGER IN THE TIGGER AND PULL THE RIFFLE AWAY FROM ME A LITTLE IT WORK GREAT. I ALL SO HAVE 20/15 VISION. TRUTH IS TOM ON GUN TALK DOES NOT LIKE AR TYPE GUNS. HE IS A BOLT MAN THAT IS FINE. THANKS FOR LET ME KNOW THAT I AM A DUMB LIER !!!  FREEDOM IS NOT FREE  
View Quote

You might not be a "dumb lier" but you might be a dumbass.

Look, I have been bumping from the shoulder for a long, long time.  If you learned at Gunstock, I might have even taught you.... as I demonstrated to several people while there.

Bottom line, as much as I practice, I cannot keep ALL my rounds on a man sized target at 25 yds.  I seriously doubt anyone can shoulder bump and do this every time.  If you say you can keep all your rounds, shoulder bumping, on a averaged sized metal plate, at 100 or 200 yds, then you sir, are full of shit.

Bumping, from the hip or shoulder, is tenatively very dangerous.  It has it's place.... in areas where the backstop is large enough to cover the area of proposed spray.  Hopefully the shooter will have the ability not to fire the rounds directly at his feet, which will send many of the rounds bouncing up and over most any berm.

My position on bumping is changing.... as there are just very few ranges where this can be done safely.  If you have a large mountain/hillside as a berm, or shooting down, into a pond, with a dam behind it, this is much more accepatble.  Ricochet's will happen regardless of bumping or slow fire... in most any berm (as I have witnessed so many times by shooting tracers - those tell the truth)  Ricochet's are a concern, but much more of a concern is a round going over the berm at full velocity... due to bumping.

So, I will keep on bumping, but only on ranges/land where I feel it's safe.  Each person has to make their own decision on this.... and remember, you are responsible for each and every bullet that leaves your rifle.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 8:32:16 AM EDT
[#12]
If you say you can keep all your rounds, shoulder bumping, on a averaged sized metal plate, at 100 or 200 yds, then you sir, are full of shit.
View Quote

It would take a sandbagged tripoded M-240 or M-60 to accomplish that standard. I could not do it firing a M-4 from a solid supported prone position.

Nobody and I mean nobody is going to do it bump firing, it just ain't compatible wiht the laws of physics.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 10:01:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
  If this pisses you fellers off then you'll more than likely call the fuzz on me for this. Last night about midnight while the entire town was sleeping, I reached over and RIPPED MY MATRESS DO NOT REMOVE TAG OFF!!!!!!
And yes I bump fire and bump fire often........Muahahahahahahah.

People who don't bump fire= the behavior of a cheap bastard or owner of a shitty weapon not allowing the fun and smiles to occur. Possibly a 3rd answer, a Canadian.

Fireing your weapon like this is totally legal and fun. Some guys thing shooting clay pigeons is dumb or paper targets all day. Who is correct anyway?[b]It's all fun and games.[/b]
View Quote

until someone gets killed: I knew of a family that on 4th of july, one kid got in his dads gun cabnet, took out his shotgun and use it for 4th celebration "Making noise" now he fired several times hit a house then fired again shot and killed a little girl plus wounded a boy that family sence was on a tv show saying sorry to the slain family's girl then moved away never heard of or seen sence. [b]but what the heck it was all fun and games.[/b]

Link Posted: 12/21/2003 10:44:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
until someone gets killed: I knew of a family that on 4th of july, one kid got in his dads gun cabnet, took out his shotgun and use it for 4th celebration "Making noise" now he fired several times hit a house then fired again shot and killed a little girl plus wounded a boy that family sence was on a tv show saying sorry to the slain family's girl then moved away never heard of or seen sence. [b]but what the heck it was all fun and games.[/b]
View Quote

A shotgun fired in the air killed someone?  Was it loaded with slugs or 00 buck?
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 12:50:50 PM EDT
[#15]
I am sorry I said anything about bump fire on gun talk.. Tom does not like semi auto guns.He saids we are dumb ass people for boycoting Smith & wesson. He is a sportman & hunter not a AR15 rifleman. full auto or bumping is a waste of shells. I know that but I have had some fun with it. I heard people talk about it at gunstock at waco. So I what to try it out. I have not done it very much. I can hit a human size target at 200 yard with 3 or 4 shot burst. Is it fun yes is it safe only if you have a good berm and a safe area passed the berm.I do not have $10,000 bucks for a full auto.I did get to try one at gunstock what a blast. freedom is not free but my love my H&K 91
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 1:51:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Bumping is indeed fun.
I only do it when there's a hill or mountain as a backstop and not anybody else around except for maybe 1/2 mile away.
Works well out of my Eagle C/AR-15, but I won't bother to try for measuring groups as this is a joke for any sort of aimed fire.

Still fun though, and for 'waking up' my buddies on the line who start to 'lounge around' looking bored!

BTW, my p.o.s. AB10 (neutered TEC-9) spits them out at about 900 rpm and is a blast. It's the only reason I kept the thing since it's good for nothing else.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 4:14:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Can you bump with a stock trigger or does it help to stone it?  Ive tried just for fun and can get short ones but its just a waste of ammo and I just cant afford it. Just currious, if you can control it reasonably well, how do ya do it.  
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 4:52:30 PM EDT
[#18]
until someone gets killed: I knew of a family that on 4th of july, one kid got in his dads gun cabnet, took out his shotgun and use it for 4th celebration "Making noise" now he fired several times hit a house then fired again shot and killed a little girl plus wounded a boy that family sence was on a tv show saying sorry to the slain family's girl then moved away never heard of or seen sence. but what the heck it was all fun and games.

This was locknloaded reply to mine

There is no need to be stupid. This kid was dumb, they were not bump fireing safely, like we do. they were being as unsafe as you can possibly be with firearms and this has nothing to do with this subject. Putting a reply like this is about like saying, I once new this dude that wrecked his car while drinking and died but it is all fun and games right. You should bump fire or maybe your trigger is too stiff. BILLYXM15
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 6:10:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
  If this pisses you fellers off then you'll more than likely call the fuzz on me for this. Last night about midnight while the entire town was sleeping, I reached over and RIPPED MY MATRESS DO NOT REMOVE TAG OFF!!!!!!
And yes I bump fire and bump fire often........Muahahahahahahah.

People who don't bump fire= the behavior of a cheap bastard or owner of a shitty weapon not allowing the fun and smiles to occur. Possibly a 3rd answer, a Canadian.

Fireing your weapon like this is totally legal and fun. Some guys thing shooting clay pigeons is dumb or paper targets all day. Who is correct anyway?[b]It's all fun and games.[/b]
View Quote

View Quote

Explain to everyone on this board why you own guns, pussified liberal democrat. Damn, it's asshats like you that really get my blood boiling with bullshit posts like yours. Now crawl back under your DU rock where you belong!!!

Link Posted: 12/24/2003 6:21:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

What in the name of zeus' butthole does this have to do with bump firing. You might have well started with " this one time at band camp..." It's people like me and billyxm15 that keep this country free locknloaded. We are cocked locked and ready to bump fire!!  Viva la bump fire!!!!!! [):)]         [uzi]
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 12:21:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

What? That's like saying shooting firearms is all fun until someone gets hurt? What the heck does that have to do with this thread?
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 6:12:40 PM EDT
[#22]
In my 12 step program I have realized a few things:

I learn something everytime I come here.
I know mamkm is the real idiot.
I appreciate people that want to learn.
markm is the real idiot.
If you submit something stupid, it's o.k. to admit it.
marm is the real idiot that won't even respond to replys when he is corrected.

Mike
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top