BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 5:49:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Update on post on my ongoing travails with Botach.

Called today and told Jasmine shipment still had not arrived.

She gave me UPS tracking number.  I think to myself [B]"FINALLY! ALRIGHT!"[/B]

Go to UPS website to track shipment.

Bogus number.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 6:59:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
How does the company stay in business?
View Quote
Well, according to their site they do cater to LE and military. Maybe they have some nice juicy department contracts?
View Quote

RE: above quote, when I was in the ARMY all I did to get the military discount was ask. It helped Im sure I had a Ft. Bragg address but I was still just paying with my credit card. My problem was that I ordered 2 Galco Miami Classic holsters 1 black 1 tan they sent 2 tan and when i called they said our order shows 2 tan. Wrong awnser I printed my internet order when I purchased them. So when they got busted they said "well Sir what do you want us to do about it". the black was on back order and I had to pay shipping back to them. By the way there Govt. pricing is decoded as follows theres a 2 digit number left of the price and right of the product ID (ASP-RG/G34 $39.00) thats the Govt. price (G34 = $34.00). I'm not sure if the rules of this site forbid it but will someone please E-mail a hyperlink of this thread to Botach. Also has anyone noticed English is not there first language, I'm not trying to Arab bash but..... well ya I guess I am. If there from a Allied country my bad if not they should be banned for that 2nd only to there piss poor service. Buy American when you can afford to.

Edit: sorry forgot to say that if there is no number for Govt. pricing, then thats the bottom line. Some items just don't have it and they usually take it off when it's on sale.

Glockdog

Airborne!!
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:51:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Update on post on my ongoing travails with Botach.

Called today and told Jasmine shipment still had not arrived.

She gave me UPS tracking number.  I think to myself [B]"FINALLY! ALRIGHT!"[/B]

Go to UPS website to track shipment.

Bogus number.
View Quote

My condolences criley. Keep on her until she is sick of you.

These people have no scruples. Honor to them must be some brand of toilet paper where they came from.

As time goes on, it is literally mind-boggling to me how BOTOX is not only NOT shut down by court order but still open for business and quite certainly making money!
Mafia, is it?
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:58:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Yup, Botach does sucks big time. I order from them couple of times. I should have stop the first time they screw up my first order.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:37:19 PM EDT
[#5]
My order placed on 4/8 was finally complete on 7/1.

Ordered 80 SureFire batteries and other stuff.  They sent 80 Toshibas and leave out one item.  I call and tell them about the mixup.  They send me 20 SureFires instead of 80 to replace ALL the Toshibas, and the missing item.  I call them.  They send me 60 MORE TOSHIBAS!  I call them and tell them.  They FINALLY send me 60 more SureFire batteries.

I have a bunch of Toshibas to send back to them.  They paid the shipping back.

Whew.  What a mess.  But it is finally over.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 3:12:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:30:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Sh#t am I glad for this post! I was going to buy IMI M855 from them. Not now! Where do you guys go for the best customer service/price on the M855 ammo? Thank you for your replies.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 5:20:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sh#t am I glad for this post! I was going to buy IMI M855 from them. Not now! Where do you guys go for the best customer service/price on the M855 ammo? Thank you for your replies.
View Quote

As far as I can tell, Botach is the sole source of genuine IMI M855 ammunition.  My order with Botach is detailed here:

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=161407&w=searchPop[/url]
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 7:48:10 PM EDT
[#9]
HI,

Then buy from them wast your money

Link Posted: 7/29/2003 7:58:23 PM EDT
[#10]
I've bought well over $10k worth of stuff from Botach and some items have been out of stock.  when it happened, I got emails and was not charged for the items.

Most of my purchases have been for my department, but I have also made personal purchases.  I have had good luck with them and will continue to buy from them.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 8:12:07 PM EDT
[#11]
I purchased from them 3 occasionson and NO problem thus far.  At once instance, I was allowed to pick up directly from their warehouse.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 4:48:25 AM EDT
[#12]
bwilliams:

Troy put me onto

[url]www.wideners.com[/url]

Great sevice, shipped 600rds of IMI M855 in 3 days to me.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 5:48:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
bwilliams:

Troy put me onto

View Quote

Is that the SS109 I see?
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 11:19:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
bwilliams:

Troy put me onto

View Quote

Is that the SS109 I see?
View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 12:58:11 PM EDT
[#15]
My order from BOTACH came within 5 business days. They even sent a confirmation of shipping via fax to me. UPS delived my 1200rds of IMI 55gr 5.56 to me. Very happy with company.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 10:46:46 PM EDT
[#16]
I placed only one order with Botach, and got it all except for one backordered item.  Rather than wait and wait, then have it sent to me out of the blue thinking the order was long since cancelled, I took the initiative and cancelled it in no uncertain terms.  I came out unscathed, but I know many personal friends who did not.  Low ball prices are attractive, but don't forget customer service is part of the package - get burned and you will realize it's worth a few extra clams for good service.

Buying from Botach is like swimming in shark infested waters - sure the waters are warm, blue, and inviting, but you may or may not get eaten - this thread and many others (on other boards as well) is part of the big fat warning sign - heed at your own risk. You have been warned.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 11:48:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Also has anyone noticed English is not there first language, I'm not trying to Arab bash but..... well ya I guess I am. If there from a Allied country my bad if not they should be banned for that 2nd only to there piss poor service. Buy American when you can afford to.
View Quote
I think the owner (Bar Kochba "BK" M. Botach) is Israeli, but that's just a guess on my part. That would also explain all the Israeli ammo they sell.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 3:41:57 AM EDT
[#18]
According to the [url=http://www.bbbsouthland.org/]Better Business Bureau of the Southland (Los Angeles area) website[/url], their file on Botach Tactical says:
Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau. An unsatisfactory record is given when a pattern in the company's customer complaints causes us concern, when the company does not respond to complaints, or when it will not substantiate its advertising claims.

In this case, our complaint history for this company shows that although the business has responded to some customer complaints brought to its attention by the Bureau, others remain unanswered.
View Quote

Just further confirmation that they're as bad as everyone has been saying for the past several years.  Makes you wonder how they've managed to stay in business, I'm guessing just by their low prices that dupe unsuspecting buyers.  It's definitely a sign of a shady business when some of their sales & service phone numbers are to cell phone prefixes, one of which isn't in service any more (Nextel) and one of which is out of Florida, and all of which always roll over to voicemail no matter what time of day the call is (even the numbers that show to be for 24/7/365 service).  Makes you wonder.

Thankfully I read posts similar to this before I ever tried ordering from them, but if I had received the same lackluster service I'd be sure to follow up with the BBB, Yahoo (who hosts their website), the BATF (the owner's an FFL holder & they may want to look into Botach losing track of rifles and ammunition in transit as posts have mentioned), and any company who they're an authorized distributor for (such as Point Blank body armor).  I'd bet most customers are happy just to make it out with their money or their product after a month-long hassle, so I doubt that some of Botach's "associates" have been made aware of the magnitude of their poor business habits.  Who knows, you might find a company who doesn't like their name and product associated with poor business practices and that pulls its product from Botach's shelves.  Or maybe their record-keeping isn't up to par with what the BATF requires (which wouldn't suprise me from the way it sounds like they lose things daily) and their FFL will get yanked.  If you're lucky one of these possibilities might make them rethink their operations.  The squeaky wheel and all.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 4:24:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Hi Kev50 and all you other guys,
Yeah, BOTACH is BAD.
They SUCK.
They're REALLY awful.
STAY AWAY!
When you call them, that dial tone you're hearing isn't a real dial tone.  It's a WARNING!  STAY AWAY!
Just wanted to get my vote in.
Coolio
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 4:25:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Botach is evil [devil]

Anyone who doesnt think so will eventually. Simple as that.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 9:34:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Ha ha! Like I said, keep swimming in those waters, and one day one of those sharks is going to bite you in the ass! [buttkick]
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 10:37:40 AM EDT
[#22]
new-arguy, have you ever ordered from them yourself?
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 12:30:07 PM EDT
[#23]
He is a company that has vowed to match Botachs sale prices. But They are having some growing pains becuase of it...

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=90&t=177870&page=1[/url]

My several purchases from Botach have all went well.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 1:11:37 PM EDT
[#24]
One experience, with trepidation, due to all the bad press but they were the only ones in US with the ammo I wanted. Nothing but problems. Many hassles and many phone calls later I got what I ordered after about 2 months.

I keep waiting for someone else to get the ammo I want but to no avail.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 3:51:10 PM EDT
[#25]
I ordered 1200 rnds of IMI XM193 & 1200 rnds of IMI M855 from Botach on 9/1 & got both cases today (9/10).  This stuff looks good.  I haven't shot any yet, but have heard nothing but good about IMI ammo.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 8:23:42 PM EDT
[#26]
VA, I started ordering from them in about 1997. By 1999 and a half dozen royal F-ups, I swore I would never, ever use them again. By about 2001 I decided to give them another try, after about 2 orders I kicked myself in the ass for giving in. I have ordered from them on rare occasion when they have a super sale or some other advertised mega sale. But I am telling you from years of experience and many dozens of orders that they are pure evil and should generally be avoided. There's way too many other good businesses to deal with for me to want to give any money to these jack asses.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 1:54:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top