User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:18:26 PM EDT
[#1]

I think everyone will agree Colt makes a fine AR, but the name cost so much more money. Why buy a name that does not support your rights. If you already own a Colt, good. But I for one am going to boycott colt..... wait they wont sell to me anyway.

Thats like buying a Rosie O' Donnel T shirt, granted it might be a fine crafted T-shirt like the rest But it just has an anti's name on it.

If they dont want me as a consumer then I dont want their product
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:34:16 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I think everyone will agree Colt makes a fine AR, but the name cost so much more money. Why buy a name that does not support your rights. If you already own a Colt, good. But I for one am going to boycott colt..... wait they wont sell to me anyway.

Thats like buying a Rosie O' Donnel T shirt, granted it might be a fine crafted T-shirt like the rest But it just has an anti's name on it.

That's the part I find really interesting.  Bushmaster's aren't that much cheaper than Colt's if they are cheaper at all.  The Colt LE6920's were selling prior to the recent frenzy for $800-$1100.  Bushmaster lists their M4 carbine at $1110 and it doesn't come with a detachable carry handle, side sling swivel, or M4 handguards.  Most are getting this rifle in the same price range as the Colts.  Where's the savings everybody keeps talking about?  Even Bushmaster stripped lowers are selling for about 50% more than a RRA lower.  People seem to think that paying that extra 50% is ok, but Colt is too damned expensive.  Go figure...
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:43:25 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's the part I find really interesting.  Bushmaster's aren't that much cheaper than Colt's if they are cheaper at all.  The Colt LE6920's were selling prior to the recent frenzy for $800-$1100.  Bushmaster lists their M4 carbine at $1110 and it doesn't come with a detachable carry handle, side sling swivel, or M4 handguards.  Most are getting this rifle in the same price range as the Colts.  Where's the savings everybody keeps talking about?  Even Bushmaster stripped lowers are selling for about 50% more than a RRA lower.  People seem to think that paying that extra 50% is ok, but Colt is too damned expensive.  Go figure...

I didn't mention Bushmaster, but Ok I see your point

RRA does have great deals, and I get majority of my parts from them.( A few Bushy parts too )

My main point is why should you endorse something that contradicts your point of view.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:56:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I didn't mention Bushmaster, but Ok I see your point

RRA does have great deals, and I get majority of my parts from them.( A few Bushy parts too )

My main point is why should you endorse something that contradicts your point of view.

How do we know it contradicts when we don't know what's going on at Colt.  All this drivel on the board is speculation by people who don't like Colt anyway.  How unbiased is that?  How do we know that Colt isn't waiting to see what happens with the elections in November?  How do we know that Colt isn't just forcing depletion of current inventory of former postban guns?  How do we know that Colt isn't just creating hype to sell a few more LE guns at a higher price?  Nobody knows...that's the point.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:09:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
[rant on]

Jesus Christ.  All of you, GROW THE FUCK UP!!!!!

Who gives a shit about Colt.  Who gives a shit about Bushmaster.  Bradd, why the hell do you feel the god damn need to start a topic defending Colt? every week??

If people don't like them, let them not like them.  Quit trying to get them to "see the light", cause odds are they won't anyway.  What are you trying to convince people to do?  Buy Colt?  Not bash Colt?  You know what?  Who gives a flying fuck!  Quit trying to "get back" at everyone who does not like Colt by showing them that Colt ain't all that bad.

Jesus Christ!  .... God Damn!  .... Holy shit!  .... Where's the Tylenol........

[/rant off]

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top