User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:01:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Proud Armalite owner here.

I got my first rifle at 18. Armalite M15A4 11.5". In these days in Canada there was no RRA, Sabre, CMMG, Stag. There were Bushmaster 16" hbar, overpriced Colt and Armalites. I wanted a 11.5" so I went Armalite. Never regretted. It went from a standard AR15 w/ carry handle to the tacti-cooled beast it is now.

That's gen III. Gen IV has ACOG TA31F instead of TA33-R8. And the MRD is on a DD 1 ocloak mount instead of on the top of the ACOG (Much better cheekweld). I'll need to post updated pics.

Latest addition is the big bertha.
Armalite AR10T 24" of pure win.

The SBR has close to 10K rounds through it and never jammed/malfunc/etc. Fit between lower/upper is pretty good. Not ultratight but not loose either. Both are sub-moa shooters all day long. Both have the Armalite 2stage NM trigger. Sadly both are restricted in Canada (can't hunt/carry) and limited to 5 rounds (you can clearly see the rivet on the mags).
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:22:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I would love an ArmaLite lower.

The stamp is cool, since it is ArmaLite. (That's a cool name, isn't it? ArmaLite.)

Some of their specs are a little less than I would prefer... They'll shoot. But I get kind of picky about the specs... More so than most people.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:25:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have an Armalite M15A2. I love it, the overall quality and consistency of it I think is very well constructed. When I bought it my reasoning behind the choice was because Armalite is really the original AR maker. I have been very happy with the customer service they have provided me as well. So overall I would recomend them to anybody.

I've had some nice rifles from Aramalite, but today's "Armalite" isn't the "Real Armalite". Eagle Arms is today's "Armamlite". They just bought the Armalite "name" 12-15 years ago.

Thanks for the history lesson.  No one knew that before your post.

Thanks for butting in to something not directed at you

In a very civil, conversational, non-sarcastic manner I was pointing that fact out to the poster whom I quoted. It appeared (to me at least) that he was unaware.. whereas you sir are merely a jackass

He is ALWAYS like that.

ETA - Anyway, I have no experience with them but through posts here I imagine they are a solid mid-tier rifle.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:19:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I only have one ArmaLite, but she's a winner for sure.   M15A2 middly, and my only serious bitch was the awful handguards which quickly
went into the round file and were replaced with a fine set of Cav. Arms super fat M4 wide oval middies.  The outside F&F is not ultra top
self, but inside it all works like a champ.  Most accurate, and ya gotta love their two stage tactical trigger.   Also love the medium weight
barrel, a la SOCOM on the M4A1.  She came with an A2 upper, which was factory ramped, YEA!!   The best AR on the market....hardly.
A great deal and fabulous shooter....for sure.  Would I get another?    YOOOO  BET !!!  
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:56:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:30:16 AM EDT
[#6]
My M15A2 with two stage trigger shoots great, and has a very tight fit between the upper and lower.  I have shot High-Power matches with it, and it shoots better than I do.  It does not have a match grade High-Power barrel like a White Feather, but it is a keeper.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:35:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:40:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top