Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 8:57:52 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
He wants to buy Charmin and needs some confirmation before he pays for it. He goes around the store asking who wipes their ass with it cause he hasn't seen anything about Charmin before. HOW the hell did he know he wanted to buy Charmin in the first place HMMM If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck it must be a duck. He has been here a year and only 17 post!!!

TROLL Looking to just stir up trouble. ADM just took someone else's design copied and even made an attempt to patent it.

If your LaRue mount is marking your rail it's not adjusted right. It has been discussed here many times over.

Not everyone can put up 500 posts in less than 5 months like some people. I'm betting you're the 350 lb guy I see at the range in a pair of 5XL BDUs shooting 8" groups at 100 yds and blaming it on the gun.

Hell NO I am 6'2" 205lbs that has been stuck in a wheel chair for the last year NOW you want  to go there we can aint no problem for me I aint got nothing to loose that I havent already lost!!!!

So explain to me how 17 posts in a year makes him a troll again? Or explain your 500 in 5 months? I mean, if he's a troll then you're obviously a spammer.

You obviously do not have a clue how many people use this board and how many post are made everyday. I use this board like the majority of the users. If I don't know something. I come here and ask. If someone ask something that I know about I answer. What have you contributed to this board since you have been here. Probably all your post are in GD where you need to go back and hang out. Better yet how about finding some of your airsoft buddies to go be with.

Laughable, considering I've never even stepped foot into GD on here, nor do I or have I ever owned an airsoft gun. I'm more of the type that realizes how ridiculously simple the AR platform is and if I have a question, I search for the answer. Imagine that...Putting forth effort on my own. Now go run along and ask in another forum what a good response to this is, since it's obvious you haven't used one of your own thoughts on here in a while.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 8:59:25 PM EDT
[#2]
actually mind wasn't made up until tonight it was a choice between the ARMS mount whitch I really likeed because you basically could get two mounts for the price of one and that addon cantilever mount was slick looking and the ADM mount but as I said I had already had all the questions about the ARMS mount answered for me

I love how people on forums know share in the minds of others

I tried to keep this specific to one mount and not which mount is better than what I am looking at

I found several of the post informative such as the one about it not having inserts and being screwed directly in to the alluminum using deduction it appears that more people that have actually used them are in agreement that the are of good quality

As far looking for mutt rubbing you couldn't be further from the truth you say I should get my facts straigt well that was what I was attempting do until ass hats like you came in and craped all over the thread
I also have this posted on a few other forums that I frequent

I am sorry that everyone feels that if it's not this brand or that then it's junk feel that way because they are going to miss out on a lot of good stuff

New name different people is a fact of life companies buy sell and merge all the time if most of us had the ability to merge with a company and make bank I'm sure we would jump on it

I own 8 c stores and if I could merge with conoco/phillips I would do if in a heart beat

height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
Folks get a grip

ADM is a new name made up of some old names with deep pockets! There is nothing new about ADM except they want to portray themselves as new. The guys behind it come from other manufacturers. Go look at the patent application. It is posted here for all to read. The names on it spell it all out who is who each one of those names owns a different company that has been around for  along time. So the PITTY party for the new guy holds no water. They took a proven design and machined some extra holes in it to make it look all nice and ricey. Then claimed it as their own design.

If this isn't true then why has NONE of those parties involved stepped up on here to defend themselves. They come on here hide behind Troll accounts and antagonize anyone they can. If someone was acussing me of copying someone else's product I would be first and loudest to stand up for it.

So pick up your soap box and go to the first page of the OP statement and put your "Useless" information on the first reply line.Read it back to yourself and see if it makes "ANY"sense.If it does ...then"YOU"need to get a grip.

Useless NO Truthful YES   Some people do not like hearing the truth. The OP's mind was clearly made up when he came in here. He was just looking for some NUTT rubbing to make himself feel better. People need to get their facts straight when it comes to ADM. If you don't want to hear then move on.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 9:09:38 PM EDT
[#3]
and what exactly is GD?
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 9:20:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
and what exactly is GD?

General Discussion, it's for all the random bullshit...IIRC it's under either the General tab.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 10:33:56 PM EDT
[#5]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
and what exactly is GD?

General Discussion, it's for all the random bullshit...IIRC it's under either the General tab.
thanks I don't normally go much further in to this sight than the diy theads and the EE guess I should have been able to figure thatone out but the GD and airsoft through me for a loop

It's late and I've got to go to my kids school early so I'm pretty much do done here

Mod I've gotten what usefull information I can out of this thread do please feel ftee to lock or delete it    

Thanks to everyone that provided me with usefull first hand information it was greatly appreciated

TJ
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 10:50:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh for gods sake, just buy the mount you want.

Here's my unvarnished opinion.  I don't own either, and I am also in the market for a QD mount.  I have held both in my grubby hands.  They both look like quality products, they both have the same mounting configurations.  I simply don't like the design of the ADM mounts.  I don't like the rough lines.  I don't like the cheezy skeletonized look to them.  I see that and all I can think is that's going to be a bitch to clean, that's going to trap moisture, that's not going to survive a run-in with cover.  As mentioned before, there are no helicoil inserts in the bolt up points.  Am I being picky?  Sure.  I can afford to be picky when I'm spending that much money.  

As for LaRue, I was skeptical of the attachemt method when I first saw them.  However, it has been shown time and time again that it is a true return to zero design.  LaRue's attachment method is a proven design, as is the durability.  Many many troops trust their lives with his equipment.

Now, lets set aside the product differences, the bickering, etc.  Let's asume for argument's sake that they are of equal quality.  Now lets look at the people that make the products.  Mark LaRue is staunch supporter of our troops, law enforcement, this forum, and the shooting community as a whole.   While this may be true of ADM, I haven't seen any evidence of it.  So even if they were of equal quality, which I don't think they are, I would still have to go with Mark's products.

Are there LaRue fanboy's out there?  Yep.  Are LaRue's products over-hyped?  Maybe, but that doesn't mean they aren't the best available.  Do you actually need the quality that LaRue provides over other manufacturers?  Only you can decide that.

My philosophy is, if you wan't quality, get the best you can afford and you won't be sorry.  If you are only worried about the price, don't bother with the best because it will never be worth it to you.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 4:09:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Did you eat lead paint chips as a child? What part of I am not interested in a comparison of the two do you not understand I an not interest in a larue mount the only other mount that I am considering is an ARMS mount let me spell it out I do not want a LaRue mount
height=8
Quoted:

Here's my unvarnished opinion.  I don't own either, and I am also in the market for a QD mount.  I have held both in my grubby hands.  They both look like quality products, they both have the same mounting configurations.  I simply don't like the design of the ADM mounts.  I don't like the rough lines.  I don't like the cheezy skeletonized look to them.  I see that and all I can think is that's going to be a bitch to clean, that's going to trap moisture, that's not going to survive a run-in with cover.  As mentioned before, there are no helicoil inserts in the bolt up points.  Am I being picky?  Sure.  I can afford to be picky when I'm spending that much money.  

As for LaRue, I was skeptical of the attachemt method when I first saw them.  However, it has been shown time and time again that it is a true return to zero design.  LaRue's attachment method is a proven design, as is the durability.  Many many troops trust their lives with his equipment.

Now, lets set aside the product differences, the bickering, etc.  Let's asume for argument's sake that they are of equal quality.  Now lets look at the people that make the products.  Mark LaRue is staunch supporter of our troops, law enforcement, this forum, and the shooting community as a whole.   While this may be true of ADM, I haven't seen any evidence of it.  So even if they were of equal quality, which I don't think they are, I would still have to go with Mark's products.

Are there LaRue fanboy's out there?  Yep.  Are LaRue's products over-hyped?  Maybe, but that doesn't mean they aren't the best available.  Do you actually need the quality that LaRue provides over other manufacturers?  Only you can decide that.

My philosophy is, if you wan't quality, get the best you can afford and you won't be sorry.  If you are only worried about the price, don't bother with the best because it will never be worth it to you.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 6:15:16 AM EDT
[#8]
You should probably figure out how to do a search then. There is plenty of info here on ARMS mounts. A couple more threads like this on ADM mounts.

Quoted:
Did you eat less paint chips as a child? What part of I am not interested in a comparison of the two do you not understand I an not interest in a larue mount the only other mount that I am considering is an ARMS mount let me spell it out I do not want a LaRue mount

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/15/2008 6:53:38 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

While I agree with this post in principle, you have to agree that there's no chance of it in reality. Not on ARFCOM. IIRC ADM tried to be a vendor here, but was denied. But say they weren't denied. Would the Larue fanboys even give them a chance? Would many people here listen when they had giveaways? How many people would cry that ADM was copying Larue by giving mounts to deployed guys? It's hard to get a foot in the door when the guys on the other side of the door want to chop your legs off. I have a Larue mount right now. Due to some unforeseen things in my life, I can't afford to ditch it for the ADM mount I've been planning on. I feel bad for giving my money to Mark Larue, because he acts like a complete child on here in 90% of the ADM threads and insults potential customers without a care. I don't give a shit if he gives candy to kids with cancer on Christmas, the guy is an immature asshole. Numerous people I know have been banned in those threads for name calling, yet Mark has been given a pass as a vendor. He has bashed ADM for no reason, even the court cases filed against ADM were thrown out as being invalid IIRC. Oh, and the patent office has even agreed that the mounts are difference enough to be classified as different products.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 7:17:33 AM EDT
[#10]
I have not used the ADM personally, but I think it is quality. I think LaRue is over priced on some stuff. Personally I have only used the mount that came with my issued M68 sight durring my 1 year tour in Iraq. It worked awesome and held up perfectly. I believe that if you are a police officer or someone who uses the weapon for real world missions then price should not matter and just get what works best for you. As for what brand is the best, I don't think it matters much when most peole are target range commandos. It all comes down to looks for people in that light.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 7:44:51 AM EDT
[#11]
While this site does offer a wealth of information, objectivity is one thing the forum lacks.  The OP asked about one thing and most people jumped him for even suggesting it and instead pushed their views about another product.  This is typical arfcom.  What will be really funny is that in 3-5 years everyone could be saying that if you don't buy the ADM mounts you are throwing money away.  Nobody knows for sure but  too many fanboys of LT are so blinded or whatever that anything else has to be inferior whether they have a clue about said product or not.  

The OP wasn't stirring up anything.  He simply asked for experiences on the ADM mounts, not the LT mount.  What is the point in asking about LT here?  Every other thread talks about them.  The ones who stirred up shit and who are the trolls are those who bashed the OP for asking about another manufacturer's mount.  Shame on him.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 8:42:33 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
While this site does offer a wealth of information, objectivity is one thing the forum lacks.  The OP asked about one thing and most people jumped him for even suggesting it and instead pushed their views about another product.  This is typical arfcom.  What will be really funny is that in 3-5 years everyone could be saying that if you don't buy the ADM mounts you are throwing money away.  Nobody knows for sure but  too many fanboys of LT are so blinded or whatever that anything else has to be inferior whether they have a clue about said product or not.  

The OP wasn't stirring up anything.  He simply asked for experiences on the ADM mounts, not the LT mount.  What is the point in asking about LT here?  Every other thread talks about them.  The ones who stirred up shit and who are the trolls are those who bashed the OP for asking about another manufacturer's mount.  Shame on him.

I agree...
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 12:13:05 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
He wants to buy Charmin and needs some confirmation before he pays for it. He goes around the store asking who wipes their ass with it cause he hasn't seen anything about Charmin before. HOW the hell did he know he wanted to buy Charmin in the first place HMMM If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck it must be a duck. He has been here a year and only 17 post!!!

TROLL Looking to just stir up trouble. ADM just took someone else's design copied and even made an attempt to patent it.

If your LaRue mount is marking your rail it's not adjusted right. It has been discussed here many times over.

What a sad sad excuse for a human.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 1:20:27 PM EDT
[#14]
I have both and field both on the SWAT team

ADM is good and will serve anyone well .
The Larue product for the aimpoint is better for several reasons.

1.standard spot for spare battery.
2. without a doubt less parts to screw up in the locking mechanism, no springs..
3.cool dillos with purchase.

BTW the ADM will work fine if you dislodge the springs, you just have to hook the edge when you replace it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 1:39:19 PM EDT
[#15]
height=8
Quoted:
I have both and field both on the SWAT team

ADM is good and will serve anyone well .
The Larue product for the aimpoint is better for several reasons.

1.standard spot for spare battery.
2. without a doubt less parts to screw up in the locking mechanism, no springs..
3.cool dillos with purchase.

BTW the ADM will work fine if you dislodge the springs, you just have to hook the edge when you replace it.

I got a spot in my MIAD for the spare batteries,

i haven't actually got to mess with any Throw lever mounts other than the GG&G one i have for my EoTech  so Ill have to check in to that,

what the heck is a Dillo and why would i want one?
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 1:40:09 PM EDT
[#16]
sorry double post
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 1:41:33 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Did you eat lead paint chips as a child? What part of I am not interested in a comparison of the two do you not understand I an not interest in a larue mount the only other mount that I am considering is an ARMS mount let me spell it out I do not want a LaRue mount

Quoted:

Honestly, there's no need for that.  You wanted people's opinion, so I gave you mine.

Quoted:

thanks for the Advice everyone while its is appreciated, i would still like to hear some info about the American Defense Mounts from people who have used both. the reason i have posted about the ADM product an not the others is that there is a wealth of infomration about LaRue and others mounts, but very little about the ADM

in particular i would like to know about fit, Finish, Function, the locking mechanism, does it hold Zero when remounted in the exact same location.

so far i have not been able to find a bad thing said about them, i know that they are fairly new to the market and a lot of the big name Vendors are supplying them. but so far i my research hasn't provided very much information one way or the other about them.

I have also been looking at the LaRue, GG&G and Aimpoint mounts,

You asked about fit and finish, and I gave you my impressions of both.
You said you were looking at larue mounts, so I gave you my opinion on that to.

Maybe some point after that you mentioned you didn't want a larue?  I suppose that's possible, but I wouldn't know because I wasn't able to wade through all your bullshit whining and crying 13 year old attitude.

so in short, since you don't value anyone's opinion that doesn't directly line up with yours, STFU, suck it up, and by the damn ADM mount already you ungrateful SOB.

Link Posted: 10/15/2008 1:59:20 PM EDT
[#18]
I believe this site is an open discussion, and if you want people to reply in a specific way to only your liking you arent going to get it here. You said its not up to other people how you spend your money. Its also not up to you how people reply. For claiming to seek help you sure have an attitude.

And for also claiming you cant find a whole lot of info you sure have posted about 99% of what is out there about ADM in this thread alone.....and with uncanny detail.....----->

Link Posted: 10/15/2008 2:03:00 PM EDT
[#19]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

Honestly, there's no need for that.  You wanted people's opinion, so I gave you mine.

height=8
Quoted:

thanks for the Advice everyone while its is appreciated, i would still like to hear some info about the American Defense Mounts from people who have used both. the reason i have posted about the ADM product an not the others is that there is a wealth of infomration about LaRue and others mounts, but very little about the ADM

in particular i would like to know about fit, Finish, Function, the locking mechanism, does it hold Zero when remounted in the exact same location.

so far i have not been able to find a bad thing said about them, i know that they are fairly new to the market and a lot of the big name Vendors are supplying them. but so far i my research hasn't provided very much information one way or the other about them.

I have also been looking at the LaRue, GG&G and Aimpoint mounts,

You asked about fit and finish, and I gave you my impressions of both.
You said you were looking at larue mounts, so I gave you my opinion on that to.

Maybe some point after that you mentioned you didn't want a larue?  I suppose that's possible, but I wouldn't know because I wasn't able to wade through all your bullshit whining and crying 13 year old attitude.

so in short, since you don't value anyone's opinion that doesn't directly line up with yours, STFU, suck it up, and by the damn ADM mount already you ungrateful SOB.

no go back to the beginning, I wanted information on ADM fit and finish and quality, at no point did i request a side by side comparison of the the two products

at no point did i ask if LaRue was better quality than ADM

so since all of this was posted after several post prior stating that i did not want comparison i will stick by my DID YOU EAT LEAD PAINT CHIPS AS A CHILD.

i came here to ask a simple question and have been bashed and insulted and had the LaRue FanBoys cram their unwelcome opinions on me. after repeatedly stating that i was not interesting in purchasing a LaRue Mount,

well i will say this at least you were willing to step outside the box and try aomething else out even if you felt it was sub par thats a whole lot more than i can say about most of these guys that haven't got a clue. and only choose LaRue because its obviouly uncool around here not to.

after this thread i will likely just stick to the DYI and EE threads where its much more peaceful.

Link Posted: 10/15/2008 2:17:30 PM EDT
[#20]
after this thread i will likely just stick to the DYI and EE threads where its much more peaceful.

TDDNCURE....Try the Glock forum.Loads of nice people there.I go there for spells after I ask about inexspensive glass for my AR and someone tells me to mow yards for extra money to buy "REAL" glass.I was also called"Anal Stupid"for deburring my Brand New 20 round Pmags.

Savageman
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 2:24:59 PM EDT
[#21]

Really?  The way some of you behave, I have to wonder if you should own any firearms at all.  Please show some dignity even if you don't have any.

Link Posted: 10/15/2008 3:03:32 PM EDT
[#22]
request
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top