Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:42:42 AM EDT
[#1]
The ACB is all we use in our 10.5's.  We ran 4 guns at the shot show demo in 6.8 and 5.56.  In 3 hours folks (some folks here were amoung the shooters) shot about 8000 rounds non-stop mostly full auto.  

The LMT Enhanced bolt does not have the extractor hutzpa to deal with the violent and hard extraction of 10.5".  Because it opens sooner and faster the casing has not had time to contract.  Most of it is related to extractor bounce or skip.  The  piston guns also have far more positive extraction.  It is about the same as hitting the key with a hammer.  It is at full velocity the minute it starts to move.  

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:36:15 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You want to be able to replace the carrier.  Trust me.  Pics will be online in a few days.

Please explain.

In a few days you are going to see pics of a carrier key peened onto a gas tube on a goddamn MRP... it is pretty ugly.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:17:13 AM EDT
[#3]
tag
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:36:05 AM EDT
[#4]
On your shopping cart.. Why is the "Raptor" extractor listed for .223 and match chambers and the standard extractor for 5.56mm?  Is that because the headspacing is tighter with this bolt and requires more extractor engagement area on the smaller chambers?  Is there any problem using the "Raptor" extractor with a 5.56mm chamber & 5.56mm ammo?  How well tested for durability when used with 5.56mm chambers is this new extractor design?  Are the extended corners on the extractor in danger of breaking off at high round counts of 5.56mm or something?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:00:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Can we get a chromed bolt too?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:53:42 PM EDT
[#6]
No, but extraction can be more difficult in a 223 or a match chamber and the extra surface area of the Raptor helps.  More surface area equals more of the rim being grasped and lessens the likelihood that the extractor tears through the case rim in a hard extraction scenario.

Raptor works fine in 5.56 nato chambers.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:00:18 PM EDT
[#7]
LW is doing work with another plating process that only adds a few microns to the part and is more durable than chrome.  We have not yet tested it and it is a long way off.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:01:02 PM EDT
[#8]
There's no need to chrome the ACB, the steel is plenty tough and corrosion resistant. If we put a finish on the ACB, it will be something that is much higher performance than hard chrome.

Simon
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:13:16 PM EDT
[#9]
hmmm
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:29:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Will this new coating be as easy to clean as chrome is? That's why I like chrome.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:18:47 PM EDT
[#11]
It should be theoretically easier but probably not noticably so in practical terms.

Smion
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:20:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:01:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Tag.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:10:39 AM EDT
[#14]
I took some close up pics that a machinist could appreciate.  Non machinists too.

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:16:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Excellent photos.  The machine work is magnificent.  Could we also see a pic or two of the underside of the extractor and the extractor cut-out area of the bolt?  Thank you.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:21:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Tag!

Link to web store??
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:46:36 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Link to web store??

+1
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:21:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:12:33 PM EDT
[#19]
LW-Do you think the ACB bolt would work fine with a LMT Enhanced Carrier.I am intrigued by this whole topic
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:51:16 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Impingement carriers will be supported but LW will not be making them monthly unless demand dictates.  When speaking with the CEO and PLW, they support impingement  but did not want it effect deliveries of piston weapons.  

So then there really isn't any way to replace these under warranty in the future?

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:15:19 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Impingement carriers will be supported but LW will not be making them monthly unless demand dictates.  When speaking with the CEO and PLW, they support impingement  but did not want it effect deliveries of piston weapons.  

So then there really isn't any way to replace these under warranty in the future?

That was the gist of what I was trying to ask...looks good, but it's a risk buying something that will not be supported, lifetime rated or not.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:44:33 PM EDT
[#22]

I thought I addressed this.  Lifetime warrantee.  Written warantee.  No risk.  Replace or repair without question if there is problem with materials or workmanship.  If it breaks, send it back and get a replacement.

If this does not answer your question, I don't know what you are asking.

My comment about supporting piston rifles meant that production will be titrated to demand.  In other words do a run as you need them instead of making 2000 a month.  

My comment was made to let folks know if you want one now, you had better get it because it may be a few months before they do another run.  Just like LMT.  Just like everything else in manufacturing, you need to do runs of product.  They have a bunch in stock now.  I purposely posted this so I don't get bitching when they are back ordered for 2 months.  Like any business, they hold back stock for warrantee replacement if anything turns out defective.

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:45:58 PM EDT
[#23]
By the way, I only referr to the AIC.  The ACB's are continuously produced.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:45:24 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I thought I addressed this.  Lifetime warrantee.  Written warantee.  No risk.  Replace or repair without question if there is problem with materials or workmanship.  If it breaks, send it back and get a replacement.[/qoute]

Quoted:
LWRC did 1 run on these carriers to offer folks for their DI Semi-Auto's. I do not know if it will be a product we will continue to offer with the focus being primarily on piston operated carbines.

If you do not decide to continue to produce this product how can anyone expect to have the part replaced under warranty? Obviously it is a concern for potential buyers since more than one person is asking you about it.

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:07:50 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought I addressed this.  Lifetime warrantee.  Written warantee.  No risk.  Replace or repair without question if there is problem with materials or workmanship.  If it breaks, send it back and get a replacement.[/qoute]

Quoted:
LWRC did 1 run on these carriers to offer folks for their DI Semi-Auto's. I do not know if it will be a product we will continue to offer with the focus being primarily on piston operated carbines.

If you do not decide to continue to produce this product how can anyone expect to have the part replaced under warranty? Obviously it is a concern for potential buyers since more than one person is asking you about it.

The AIC can be produced anytime LW has carriers made. It's only a matter of adding and dropping some machining operations. Most of which are secondary operations anyway.

The LW piston carrier and the AIC have many common features. The only differences are
1)No dove tail cut for the key on the DI version (secondary op by second vendor)
2)Piston carrier does not have gas vent holes (secondary op )
3) AIC has sear trip milled away (legally the material can be left in-place like the piston version)
4) Teflon coating and Parkerizing in done in-house. Chrome is sent out to the plating vendor  along with barrels

So making a single carrier or a small batch would not be a problem if warranty issues where to arise
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:20:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Because the company will ha a reserve for warranty purposes that it will not sell.
Should this dwindle below a functional threshold, then they can always do a special supplementary run. What's the problem? Just becuase a part is discontinued, it does not mean that you cannot revisit it in the future. See the Model 70 and controlled feed.

Ian187...what are you trying to imply? That LWRC won't stand behind its Limited Lifetime Warranty? Spit it out man, 48th and PLW have both spelled out the position without ambiguity.

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:33:22 PM EDT
[#27]
im being real lazy but where exactly are they listed for sale or pre-order on GP web cause I couldnt find em?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:54:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:35:51 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:45:54 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Ian187...what are you trying to imply? That LWRC won't stand behind its Limited Lifetime Warranty? Spit it out man, 48th and PLW have both spelled out the position without ambiguity.

I'm not trying to imply anything. A lifetime warranty was stressed at the same time it was announced that these may not be made but one time.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:54:24 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
You want to be able to replace the carrier.  Trust me.  Pics will be online in a few days.

Please explain.

In a few days you are going to see pics of a carrier key peened onto a gas tube on a goddamn MRP... it is pretty ugly.

Wheres those pics?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:41:15 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Excellent photos.  The machine work is magnificent.  Could we also see a pic or two of the underside of the extractor and the extractor cut-out area of the bolt?  Thank you.

Any chance we could get a pic or two of this too?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:26:48 AM EDT
[#33]

Mine before electroless nickle silicon carbide coating.  Poor pics and you cant see where the extracotr fits in very well but its something.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:32:46 AM EDT
[#34]
I appreciate the help, and that does show me some of what I wanted to see, but I was hoping for a bit more straight-on picture.  Didn't they also say they redesigned the extractor spring pocket area, or did I misinterpret?  Thank you DevL for sharing what you have.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:46:29 AM EDT
[#35]
So now my LMT enhanced bolt and carrier is crap, (even tho it has never given me one problem of any kind or failed to eat and eject any ammo since being installed in my LMT upper) and THIS is now the only enhanced bolt product to have?????????

Take it none of you will mind if I stick with my LMT version untils it explodes.

Mike

ps - why is it every NEW product has to make it's name by putting down older products and telling us how bad the older products were????????????
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:58:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:11:22 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:08:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:51:43 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I appreciate the help, and that does show me some of what I wanted to see, but I was hoping for a bit more straight-on picture.  Didn't they also say they redesigned the extractor spring pocket area, or did I misinterpret?  Thank you DevL for sharing what you have.

One area of improvement is you can use a standard extractor spring in an emergency with the ACB, the LMT I used previously did not have that option.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:06:38 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

One area of improvement is you can use a standard extractor spring in an emergency with the ACB, the LMT I used previously did not have that option.

I seem to recall them also saying you can use a cut up selector or ejector spring awhile back.  LW, does this still hold true?  Can you use a standard extractor spring or cut up selector or ejector springs?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:33:44 AM EDT
[#41]
ok, maybe answered before but,  Will the enhanced bold work with a standard impingement carrier?
What is the Arfcommer price for the enhanced bolt?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:31:57 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
ok, maybe answered before but,  Will the enhanced bold work with a standard impingement carrier?
What is the Arfcommer price for the enhanced bolt?

I can answer the first question:  YES, the ACB does work in an AR15 or M16 impingment carrier. I've been using an ACB in my SPR build  for the past week (about 150 rounds).  No problemas.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:17:20 PM EDT
[#43]
tag
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:32:15 PM EDT
[#44]
ACB is designed SPECIFICALLY to be used in DI guns. Its actually a bit of overkill for piston rifles.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:54:08 PM EDT
[#45]
I have an LMT I want to buy one of these for, but I need to buy it in conjunction with something else, but am still waiting on a message from 48th....  *shrug*

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:51:40 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:50:11 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:51:45 AM EDT
[#48]
tag
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:33:00 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
MRP Carnage Pics

Combat Jack-I saw the pics .What was the explanation for that malfunction?

Pretty nasty looking to me!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:25:10 AM EDT
[#50]
I want to thank Chris for such a quick response to my order.  I have the new ACB and carrier in my hands.  I have been itching to test these products out since they were introduced.  I think I am going to pull the LMT from my daughters rifle and put this one in it.  

I have the LMT enhanced bolt also.  it has not hicupped once, even at 900rpm w/M855.  I have no intention of getting rid of it.  It was a very good idea that still works, and I would buy another.  But now there is also a very good competitor product that also works.  So we are all winners here.

So I have no intention of being gentle with these parts.  I also intend to include them in my custom rifle builds.
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top