BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 4:19:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Also I cannot stress enough how much the brace folds up into something that is 65mm wide and is rapidly deployable when you need it. But seriously... do I have to spell out what I was going for with the foldability? There isn't a goofy looking arm sticking out there when you don't need it to be, and it isn't going to increase the width of your AR. Go ahead and measure your ARs width from the left side of the charging handle to the rightmost portion of the forward assist, my measurements say that's about 68mm. It's a pretty damn compact little package for something that extends all the way down to your upper arm and translates the back of the buffer tube to where it would be if it were hovering in front of your shoulder.

So yeah, just thought id address those key points. Im sure theres things that have been discussed that I've missed, but those are the ones that stuck out to me the most. And maybe I did a piss poor job of showing it off in the demo video, my apologies if that is the case.

[2/2]
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 5:43:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Ok. bicepbrace.com should now redirect to a FAQ I typed up that answers a lot of the questions from here and around the net. Hopefully this helps resolve some of the confusion, rather than creating more...
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 6:09:19 AM EDT
[#3]
It's this part of your FAQ that has me wondering where the need for this bicep brace comes from.....

Q: What's the point if you can just shoulder another pistol brace?
A: I won't elaborate on this much, but I have obtained evidence that leads me to believe ATF is reclarifying this topic. I'm not here to piss on any parades or ruin the fun for anyone though, but I'm not giving up my work on the brace as a result.

Now you may have heard something about shouldering braces that has created a need for an alternative. With that said, 2 thoughts.

1) I haven't heard anything along those lines. If it is in fact true and shouldering a brace all of a sudden becomes a no-no once again, you may have some market share to look forward to. If it's not true, I see no scenario in which someone would intentionally elect this bicep brace over a shoulder brace.

2) If you "have obtained evidence" that shouldering a brace will be/may be reclassified, I'd be a lot less reluctant to elaborate. Your product depends 100% on that happening.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 6:20:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Double
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 6:35:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Brilliant design.  You should relocate the locking lever or recess it, so it can be shouldered if desired.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 6:47:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's this part of your FAQ that has me wondering where the need for this bicep brace comes from.....

Q: What's the point if you can just shoulder another pistol brace?
A: I won't elaborate on this much, but I have obtained evidence that leads me to believe ATF is reclarifying this topic. I'm not here to piss on any parades or ruin the fun for anyone though, but I'm not giving up my work on the brace as a result.

Now you may have heard something about shouldering braces that has created a need for an alternative. With that said, 2 thoughts.

1) I haven't heard anything along those lines. If it is in fact true and shouldering a brace all of a sudden becomes a no-no once again, you may have some market share to look forward to. If it's not true, I see no scenario in which someone would intentionally elect this bicep brace over a shoulder brace.

2) If you "have obtained evidence" that shouldering a brace will be/may be reclassified, I'd be a lot less reluctant to elaborate. Your product depends 100% on that happening.
View Quote
And why create and seek approval for something that undermines the previously stated legality for shouldering braces? I’m sure every time someone writes a letter to ATF they reference and reevaluate previous precedent
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 7:21:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

And why create and seek approval for something that undermines the previously stated legality for shouldering braces? I’m sure every time someone writes a letter to ATF they reference and reevaluate previous precedent
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Whenever you build a pistol brace, you need to send it in to get evaluated. ATF has stated many times that "ATF has concluded that attaching the brace to a handgun as a forearm brace does not "make" a short barreled rifle if the configuration has been submitted to, and approved by, ATF's Firearms and Ammunition Technology division, and is not intended to be and cannot comfortably be fired from the shoulder."

Had I not gotten this brace evaluated, I could've very well been arrested for going ahead and attaching the first iteration to a pistol, or worse yet someone else getting arrested for attaching that to a pistol after buying it from me. It's imperative these things get evaluated before they hit the market, and that's why it took me so long to even put anything on the internet about it - I really wasn't sure whether or not ATF was going to approve it in the nearly 18 months it took to get it.

Quoted:
I don't have to elaborate nor do I think i should elaborate because i'm not looking to piss off both the people enjoying the current braces on the market or the companies that are making them. The only reason I said that anyways is because people keep asking me "well why bother". There's nothing for sale today, i'm not trying to sell anyone here on anything, but there's definitely a reason I am continuing to work on this.
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 4:11:03 PM EDT
[#8]
RECOIL has published an article on this now.

I actually got a chance to let Patrick, the author, shoot the bicep brace firsthand back in july during a brownells thing. Very flattered by what he wrote about it in there, coming from him.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 2:55:13 AM EDT
[#9]
You might have a market for people shooting with full face helmets or riot shields if you were able to move the gun a little farther out, sort of like this:

Attachment Attached File

Sorry if it's already been mentioned.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 7:58:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
RECOIL has published an article on this now.

I actually got a chance to let Patrick, the author, shoot the bicep brace firsthand back in july during a brownells thing. Very flattered by what he wrote about it in there, coming from him.
View Quote
Congrats on the Recoil write up, that's great exposure.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 8:09:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I don't have to elaborate nor do I think i should elaborate because i'm not looking to piss off both the people enjoying the current braces on the market or the companies that are making them. The only reason I said that anyways is because people keep asking me "well why bother". There's nothing for sale today, i'm not trying to sell anyone here on anything, but there's definitely a reason I am continuing to work on this.
View Quote
No, you don't have to do anything.

That said, with absolutely nothing heard about this by anyone but you apprantly, that's just not good enough reason to even begin to believe braces and their use will be reclassified. By and large, your product will require that and that's hanging your hat on an enormous (and I believe unlikely)  "maybe".

I do believe there is a possible niche for your product.......somewhere, somehow regardless of that. It's a supremely specialized niche that definitely doesn't include the vast majority of shooters however. A tiny piece of market share may very well be worth your efforts, I don't know.

Congrats on your Recoil write up. I sincerely respect the fact that you've designed and built something you feel could impact the shooting market.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 6:27:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Bicep Brace, M&P2.0 45 Compact, CZ Bren 2 - TGC News!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIRSp_9CWkY

TGC News featured this on their video this week.

Man I have been really blown away by the generosity of the gun media community, I have to say. Never would've guessed this was so worth talking about especially since it's in the work-in-progress mode still.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 6:32:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Is the 2nd guy in your video FPSRussia?
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 10:48:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I think the thrill of having a SBR has given you an unrealistic sense of it's real life advantages.
View Quote
Re-stating whats been stated before...

In Michigan, AR pistol is registered as a pistol, just like all handguns.  And just like all handguns can be carried 24/7 with state CPL and/or my LEOSA card....including places where a rifle (SBR) is a definite no-go.

So that's a definite and substantial +1 over SBR....ymmv.
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 8:46:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

In Michigan, AR pistol is registered as a pistol, just like all handguns.  And just like all handguns can be carried 24/7 with state CPL and/or my LEOSA card....including places where a rifle (SBR) is a definite no-go.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the thrill of having a SBR has given you an unrealistic sense of it's real life advantages.

Yea, a SBR has many disadvantages actually.
1: loses the concealed carry benefits
2: requires prior permission to take with you certain places or cross state lines
3: draws government attention
4: costs $200
5: long wait times to be approved
6: not easily resold
7: must be engraved
8: No one else can borrow or use the SBR unless you are present

A pistol with an arm brace can actually provide everything a SBR can provide and more, without the downsides. Everything but a certain cosmetic appearance.
If someone prefers to use a SBR then I'm happy if their happy. I just don't like it when someone gets all high and mighty with a SBR and decides to criticize someone with an arm braced pistol as having a useless toy.
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 9:35:29 AM EDT
[#16]
I think it is awesome. Great ingenuity

If they become for sale and I ever move from this God forsaken shithole where  AR pistols are illegal, I will probably buy one.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top