Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 4:42:15 PM EDT
[#1]
He reloads just like the guy in the game "Battlefield 2"
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 5:00:24 PM EDT
[#2]
if my gun had failed to fire that many times, I would have not only taken out the mag, but I would have unhinged it and checked the bolt and chamber.
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 5:34:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
 Name one person who has been "Mangled" with this technique who has experienced a kaboom???? you can't.

I'll name him stubby.

I'll name him Slim.

Slim.....chance he’ll be using that hand again!    
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 5:59:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
He was using a DPMS.......

Quoted:
People that shoot cheap-ass ammo in their $1,000 rifles are to blame.

Well, it wasn't a DPMS then.................

Doc  
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 6:31:58 PM EDT
[#5]
He must have said 'bad primer' like three times, and each time immediately ejected the shell. If there had been a hangfire once the shell was ejected, that would have been no fun either. No safety can or hole nearby to kick the thing into. By the second time through he should have been checking the barrel instead of pounding on the FA.
When you're not being shot at, seems like a good time to take your time. Waste of a good rifle IMO.

One thing - if you indeed found a bullet lodged in the barrel, I assume you'd knock it back into the chamber from the muzzle with a dowel or cleaning rod? Maybe a .22 caliber delrin rod would be a good thing to have at the range.

What are the odds of having this happen without using 3 rounds and the FA to drive the squib deeper into the barrel so the sear/disconnector works (as he did?) I'm thinking even with cheap ammo you'll just go 'click', which I can deal with. Anyone here have a link to kabooms caused by 'factory' reloads? I remember hearing something about a company in GA...

ETA: Seems to me FTEs are the thing to watch for. If there's not enough power to eject the shell or even open the action, that should be a clear clue. I didn't see him check his brass. Takes just a sec to pop the action open (if you aren't on a 2-way range)
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 6:36:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
 So, he hits the forward assist, then pulls the charging handle-- obviously he is very well versed in the operation of the weapon. No wonder he thougt he could stuff anything he wanted to into it to shoot. I know too many guys like that these days. I'm just glad he isn't too badly injured. Sometimes it takes a hit to the pocketbook to wake a guy up.

I also liked how he'd slap the magazine after a round was chambered, right before pulling the trigger.

Looks like he played "America's Army" and was trying to do the SPORTS drill.
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 7:12:56 PM EDT
[#7]
HAD
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 7:00:15 AM EDT
[#8]
And that's what usually happens - the mag and receiver are destroyed, but no body parts are harmed except maybe your hand gets a little cut. The only serious injuries and deaths I've seen from KBs come from old bolt guns.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 9:32:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Yikes!  Lucky dude!
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 9:48:58 AM EDT
[#10]
guy looked like a noob with that gun anyways.  lets smack the FA every time i load a round in!  or charge it multiple times.  or keep shooting the weapon when you have bad primers over and over....good idea.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 11:30:37 AM EDT
[#11]
interesting
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 11:41:34 AM EDT
[#12]
"bad primer"..."bad primer"...."bad primer"....

so whats the last one?: good primer? or very bad primer?

dont mess w/ reloads or use crappy ammo

dude should have checked out his AR after the 1st malf; its the range, verifying at the spot is worth it
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 12:42:51 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
 So, he hits the forward assist, then pulls the charging handle-- obviously he is very well versed in the operation of the weapon. No wonder he thougt he could stuff anything he wanted to into it to shoot. I know too many guys like that these days. I'm just glad he isn't too badly injured. Sometimes it takes a hit to the pocketbook to wake a guy up.

I also liked how he'd slap the magazine after a round was chambered, right before pulling the trigger.

When I was in "America's Army" we were taught SPORTS- Slap, Pull, Observe, Release, Tap, Squeeze.  He may actually be or have been a soldier.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 12:54:45 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

When I was in "America's Army" we were taught SPORTS- Slap, Pull, Observe, Release, Tap, Squeeze.  He may actually be or have been a soldier.

Yea, but he is doing PRTTTSSS - Pull, (skip the Observe), Release, Tap, Tap again, Tap one more time, Slap, Squeeze, Soil pants.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 6:54:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Another good reason not to use the magazine as a foward hand grip.

Most AR15 magazine fit a little on the loose side to drop free and holding onto them could cause malfunctions.

John

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 6:55:55 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was referring to "America's Army" the video game.

I also learned SPORTS.  He looks like he is confused about the proper way to do it, which leads me to believe he learned it from a game.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:10:43 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Like TRON?

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:22:45 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I am calling squib.

+1 I bet one of those "bad rounds" put a bullet or two in the barrel.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:40:35 AM EDT
[#19]
This had NOTHING to do with bad ammo. The reason this happened is STUPIDITY. Yes I am saying both the shooter and his friend are morons.

bang bang (12 times) click.. cycles charging handle ejects a round and declares "bad primer" while you can clearly see the ejected round sailing through the air. How did he know it was a bad primer? Are his eye so good he can inspect the cartridge while it's flying through the air?... I'll tell you how... he didn't.

Then the idiot preforms the RAMBO malfunction clearly process and has yet another misfire and declares once again "bad primer".

Three things occur to me: how many times is he going to say "bad primer"? When he had the second misfire he cycled the charging handle and it DID NOT eject a cartridge yet rambozo didn't notice and enthusiastically declared "bad primer". So where is that round that failed to eject when he cycled the charging handle? Doesn't it seem odd that after 12 rounds fired he has 3 bad primers in a row?

I don't think it was a squib you can hear them go pop, I didn't hear a pop.

I am guessing a blown primer or some debris preventing the bolt from going fully into battery. That would explain why he wasn't dimpling the primer enough to cause a discharge (unless of course you hammer the carrier into battery with the forward assist).

Why do these guys always blame the problem on the non present friend?

If the first condition was caused by an ammo malfunction that has little to do with the fact that it was the SHOOTERS ACTIONS that ruined his gun and could have gotten someone hurt. The shooter is at fault here and nothing less.

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:49:01 AM EDT
[#20]
height=8
Quoted:
it was the SHOOTERS ACTIONS that ruined his gun and could have gotten someone hurt. The shooter is at fault here and nothing less.

I couldnt agree more.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:10:15 AM EDT
[#21]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

Yea, but he is doing PRTTTSSS - Pull, (skip the Observe), Release, Tap, Tap again, Tap one more time, Slap, Squeeze, Soil pants.

OMG, I almost fell off my seat!  You had me rollin.  Thanks I needed that.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 6:32:32 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Hit the forward assist harder dumbass....... Too busy trying to look cool. Break the rifle down and assess the situation after the 2nd malfunction, it's not like you have Charlie storming your shooting bench. The mag looked like it was an Orlite.

Lucky all he got was a sore hand.

I agree 100%. Why after the second malfunction didn't he check the weapon or better yet hand it back to the owner and say he was done?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:21:17 PM EDT
[#23]
If you notice, the last casing from the first mag he shot didnt eject, he had to manually eject it, most likely a squib.  Then he loads on top of it without checking and boom.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 6:29:34 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
it was the SHOOTERS ACTIONS that ruined his gun and could have gotten someone hurt. The shooter is at fault here and nothing less.

I couldnt agree more.

Agreed here as well.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 4:07:16 PM EDT
[#25]
was probably shooting the cheap ass wolf ammo in a super dirty ar
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 7:48:03 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Looked to me like he had a squib just before that last mag change.  At least the guy knew enough or was lucky enough to wear eye protection.

Definately looked like a squib to me...
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 7:50:16 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Further evidence of why our troops need the AK!

Complete BS...
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 8:24:26 AM EDT
[#28]
He loves the FA in that video.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 3:53:29 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
If you notice, the last casing from the first mag he shot didnt eject, he had to manually eject it, most likely a squib.  Then he loads on top of it without checking and boom.

That FTE should have been a big "HMMM WTF? Maybe I should check the barrel..." lightbulb going off. He got stupid trying to look cool an professional in front of his friend, when he was anything but. His friend oughta kick his ass - or at least make him replace the rifle.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top