Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/19/2012 10:25:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
No problems using these with KNS pins?

Why replace the ground Geisele pins with something else?
Link Posted: 2/19/2012 1:53:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I already have the anti-rotation pins. Just wondering if they were compatible.
Link Posted: 2/19/2012 4:47:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Well I could only hold out so long. Ordered the QMS.
Link Posted: 2/21/2012 3:56:07 PM EDT
[#4]
In.
Link Posted: 2/22/2012 9:20:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I already have the anti-rotation pins. Just wondering if they were compatible.

I know Geissel has said KNS pins are not recommended in their triggers groups but ALG triggers essentially being a "tuned" stock trigger it might not be an issue.
I'd mic the ALG pins and compare them to the KNS and see how close they are.
Good question for ALG.
Link Posted: 2/24/2012 3:53:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Just got my shipping confirmation from Rainier for my QMS.
Link Posted: 2/24/2012 6:27:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Just got my shipping confirmation from Rainier for my QMS.

+1
Link Posted: 2/24/2012 9:59:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Same with me. My ACT will be here Mon or Tues.

I will measeure the KNS pins compared to the ALG pins.
Link Posted: 2/25/2012 2:31:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Same with me. My ACT will be here Mon or Tues.

I will measeure the KNS pins compared to the ALG pins.

I received my tracking number yesterday as well.

Let us know what you find when you measure and compare. I'm curious.

Link Posted: 2/26/2012 6:52:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Should we expect to have these at our doors next week ?
No email confirmation for me yet
Link Posted: 2/27/2012 7:53:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Mine was shipped on Saturday, it should be on my doorstep as I type and will be going on a demo rifle tonight.
Link Posted: 2/27/2012 7:55:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Mine was shipped on Saturday, it should be on my doorstep as I type and will be going on a demo rifle tonight.

Can't wait to start hearing reviews of these.

Link Posted: 2/27/2012 10:23:32 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can't wait to start hearing reviews of these.

I will post some pictures later. I should have mine today as well.

Link Posted: 2/27/2012 2:18:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Couple quick pics and a short video.

They are .mil diameter pins at .154", not the .155" that Geiselle uses.

Link Posted: 2/27/2012 4:31:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Got my ACT today, its is like butter compared to my crappy Stag FCG.

I will use another ACT in my upcoming build.
Link Posted: 2/27/2012 5:59:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Got mine too. Just put it in my SBR build. Much smoother than the Spikes trigger I have in my other build. Love it.  ACT.
Link Posted: 2/27/2012 6:28:23 PM EDT
[#17]
So when are the rest of the orders going out? :)
Link Posted: 2/27/2012 6:45:33 PM EDT
[#18]
CTran

When you say it's better than your spikes trigger, are you talking about the NiBor battle trigger?

LoL it was bad enough having to wait, but now I'm jealous too!

CBags thanks for the video!
Link Posted: 2/27/2012 8:05:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
CTran

When you say it's better than your spikes trigger, are you talking about the NiBor battle trigger?

LoL it was bad enough having to wait, but now I'm jealous too!

CBags thanks for the video!

I have the standard and my buddy has the battle trigger.  It's better than both.  
No comparison with the standard at all. Smoother and less gritty than the enhanced battle trigger.  Even though the ACT and battle trigger are both coated, there's there's less creep and grittiness with the ACT. You can tell it was polished/tuned prior to the coating being applied.

Well worth the extra $5 you would pay over the Spikes Battle trigger.  I like it more than the LWRC NiB triggers I've tried recently too.

Link Posted: 2/27/2012 9:26:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Thanks for the info and vid CBags04

My trigger should be delivered today the 28th
Link Posted: 2/28/2012 4:02:40 PM EDT
[#21]
My ACT trigger just shipped.  Excited to receive this beast.
Link Posted: 2/28/2012 4:13:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Eager to hear more reviews. Sounds awesome so far!
Link Posted: 2/28/2012 4:46:22 PM EDT
[#23]
ok, don't normally do this without a bit more use time on these things.

Being that its Geissele I figure its a decent risk.  

I've got a Battle trigger also to compare it to.  Soon as I get this I'll let you know also.  Seems to be better from first impressions!
Link Posted: 2/28/2012 6:21:45 PM EDT
[#24]
I've never been so excited over a shipment confirmation. I should have mine by Friday.

This is going in my first build ever. I just hope I'm not doing it an injustice by mating it with a PMA lpk. I've heard good and bad things about them.
Link Posted: 2/28/2012 6:57:04 PM EDT
[#25]
My ACT is here and installed.
One word of advice the ACT being NiB coated is quite slippery to the touch. Add a little lube and all the parts are like trying to hold onto a wet watermelon seed.
The trigger itself is simple ALG provides a nice machined pin to hold the disconnector in the trigger block while you push the trigger pin in place. The hammer and it's spring are a little more difficult.  
I may have overlubed given the slick nature of the parts to begin with. While pressing the hammer and it's spring into position with my left hand and trying to get its pin started with my right, I lost my hold on the hammer and it shot out of the lower with authority.
So I wiped things off and took another run at it. Once you have things lined up the pins press in with finger pressure.
It is nothing short of the quality Geissele is known for. nice and crisp break.
Range report later this week.

Link Posted: 3/2/2012 12:23:45 PM EDT
[#26]
bumping this thread for more reviews of these triggers....particularly the QMS

Thanks
Paul
Link Posted: 3/2/2012 12:40:21 PM EDT
[#27]
not much to really add, it's performs as advertised. Well finished, smooth, consistent single stage trigger.
Mrs. Geissele has a good product.
Link Posted: 3/2/2012 1:48:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Just installed one on my mp15-22. It feel a little heavy for right now but it has about 6 pullss on it. Install was easy for my very first trigger. I will do a range trip this weekend to break it in and yes they are slippery pieces with the coating they come with I love my ssa in the Rainer Ruc that is glass
Link Posted: 3/2/2012 6:04:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Got my ACT trigger today and installed it in my BCM 14.5 Middy. Haven't shot it yet but will report back when I do. One thing I noticed is the hole in the hammer is smaller / tighter on the pin. Very little slop while on the pin. I checked this by putting both pins (BCM and ACT) in both hammers, as I know the ACT pin is .001" larger to begin with. Dry firing, it is NICE. Looks like I'm gonna have to order at least 1 more for the BCM 16" Middy

Here's a couple pics of the ACT and the BCM TG's.

Link Posted: 3/3/2012 9:19:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Got my ACT trigger today and installed it in my BCM 14.5 Middy. Haven't shot it yet but will report back when I do. One thing I noticed is the hole in the hammer is smaller / tighter on the pin. Very little slop while on the pin. I checked this by putting both pins (BCM and ACT) in both hammers, as I know the ACT pin is .001" larger to begin with. Dry firing, it is NICE. Looks like I'm gonna have to order at least 1 more for the BCM 16" Middy

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee238/number9st/Guns/ACT_TG.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee238/number9st/Guns/BCM_TG.jpg

Notice the the difference in the two hammer springs.  
The ALG is flat, I noticed it is stiffer than stock when installing it.
Link Posted: 3/3/2012 9:47:50 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee238/number9st/Guns/ACT_TG.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee238/number9st/Guns/BCM_TG.jpg

Notice the the difference in the two hammer springs.  
The ALG is flat, I noticed it is stiffer than stock when installing it.

Thats interesting. I just installed my QMS yesterday and the hammer spring was straight as in the first pic. It is a great trigger. Consistent and smooth. now to get to the range and really play with it

Link Posted: 3/3/2012 11:03:14 AM EDT
[#32]
well after the install i went to the range today and shot about 250 rounds at the 50yd target. I have to say i really like it, It is a little heavy for my use of an MP15-22 but it does have a real nice simple pull to it and a great improvement over the stock trigger. I think it should just get better with some more use.
Link Posted: 3/3/2012 3:31:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
well after the install i went to the range today and shot about 250 rounds at the 50yd target. I have to say i really like it, It is a little heavy  for my use of an MP15-22 but it does have a real nice simple pull to it and a great improvement over the stock trigger. I think it should just get better with some more use.

JP reduced power spring set, $10.

Link Posted: 3/5/2012 4:31:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Shot my 10.5 pistol today with the new ACT installed.
First impression is the pull it a bit heavy for my taste but once I pulled it a dozen times I got used to it.
The trigger feels firm, solid and zero creep. Apply pressure and it breaks like a glass rod. I'm curious how a lighter spring will affect its feel. I would like it to be just a hair lighter but I can see where this would be an ideal combat trigger.
If I were under stress in a critical situation I would never notice the pull.

Once I fired a few rounds and got a feel for the break it proved to be a consistent and predictable snap.

I do not own a Geissele trigger but if this trigger which is essentially a Geissele "tuned" trigger is any hint as to what a full out Geissele trigger is like it will be my next purchase.

I'm putting an order in for two more ACT units as well.
Link Posted: 3/5/2012 4:40:31 PM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 3/5/2012 6:28:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Still taken pre-orders for the act fcg?  When might they ship again?   Im looking to get a few more.
Link Posted: 3/6/2012 1:02:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Okay, I ordered one of each and they just got here. I have a couple of questions.

1) What type of grease can I use on the trigger/hammer sear? I have some CV (automotive) grease, will that work?

2) I noticed that the ACT has a thin film of something slick on it. Should I clean this off or install as is?

Sorry if these are stupid questions, but these are the first triggers I have installed that aren't cheap mil-spec triggers and I want to do it right.
Link Posted: 3/6/2012 2:11:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Whatever you use to lube your firearms is fine for assembly. The install instructions say CLP is recommended. CLP is a pretty light oil.

I used Slip 2000 EWL on the bores and pins and used Mil-Comm TW25B grease because I'd been meaning to try it and just bought a tube a few days before my trigger arrived.
I would not hesitate to use wheel bearing grease if that was all I had. In fact I have a fresh tube of Mobil One synthetic chasis grease and I know its good, so it wouldn't have bothered me to have used that instead.

Any wheel bearing grease should be fine. It does say a "high quality grease is recommended" your CV grease should do just fine. And we're only talking about a small dab of grease where the hammer and trigger meet.
Also you'll notice the instruction illustration says "Grease if available" so if you don't have anything but some gun oil nothing is going to suffer harm.

Maybe Rainier or ALG Defense people can confirm or deny my opinions here.
Link Posted: 3/6/2012 4:29:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Installed my ALG ACT trigger today everything went in like a breeze , I polished everything With some vehicle polish and a microfiber cloth OMG this stuff came out bling blinging !!! And used a dab of moly grease where hammer meets , oiled trigger pins lightly and voila
First impression =very nice clean brake very smooth not as light as I thought the pull would be but it's night and day difference between my stock PSA FCG
Second impression range time = TBD once I go !! Lol
Link Posted: 3/15/2012 11:55:47 AM EDT
[#40]
I just ordered two more from PK.  Very pleased with my first from Rainier.
Link Posted: 3/16/2012 7:40:45 AM EDT
[#41]
ok, just got mine installed.  Replaced a stock trigger on a S&W 5.45 with the heavy spring and a Spikes Battle Trigger.

HUGE difference over the stock set with or without the heavy spring.  This is just felt tension on (safely!) dry firing.

I'm going to say that there is also a noticeable difference from the Battle Trigger.  Is it worth pulling out a BT if you have one installed already?  Meh, probably not.  I would buy this over the BT for the extra $10.

One thing I'm seeing that I think is a big contributor to the improvement is that they are shipping this set with coated PIN's also.  Just the feel of these pins in your had is slick with no oil at all.  Big difference over the stock pins I pulled out of both!  Put some EWL or any oil on them at all and its like they're on ball bearings.
Link Posted: 3/17/2012 8:10:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Rainier has them in stock now!

I going to install the ACT in my BCM lower as soon as it comes in.  Did a quick video on what after receiving the trigger.

ACT Combat trigger
Link Posted: 3/17/2012 10:14:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Anybody have hands-on with both triggers and an opinion of the differences?
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 4:48:13 AM EDT
[#44]
I bought two of the ACT direct from ALG Defense.  I've got one installed and working, the other ones rifle isn't built yet.

Worth every penny.  It's not a match trigger, and the advertising doesn't make that claim.

Mine are in EOTWAWKALI SHTF Home Defense configured weapons, and they are perfect for that use.  Lighter than the stock pull, but still heavy enough to prevent accidental discharges if your trigger discipline goes out the window under stress, very little creep, and a clean consistent break at 6#2oz.  I also like the strong hammer spring.  It should add a little bit to the weapon's reliability.

I consider them money well spent on a very worthwhile upgrade.

Link Posted: 3/19/2012 5:54:50 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I bought two of the ACT direct from ALG Defense.  I've got one installed and working, the other ones rifle isn't built yet.

Worth every penny.  It's not a match trigger, and the advertising doesn't make that claim.

Mine are in EOTWAWKALI SHTF Home Defense configured weapons, and they are perfect for that use.  Lighter than the stock pull, but still heavy enough to prevent accidental discharges if your trigger discipline goes out the window under stress, very little creep, and a clean consistent break at 6#2oz.  I also like the strong hammer spring.  It should add a little bit to the weapon's reliability.

I consider them money well spent on a very worthwhile upgrade.

I put a mil spec trigger in my newest ar15 build last weekend and I agree with everything in this post.

Also, Rainier had this trigger at my door super fast after ordering online.
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 2:51:59 PM EDT
[#46]
any one else have problems fitting the ACT pins into your lower?  I'm installing the ACT into a Mega Arms lower and both pins don't fit in at all unless I bang it in with a hammer.  I ended up using my standard pins since I dont want to enlarge the hole.
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 6:54:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
any one else have problems fitting the ACT pins into your lower?  I'm installing the ACT into a Mega Arms lower and both pins don't fit in at all unless I bang it in with a hammer.  I ended up using my standard pins since I dont want to enlarge the hole.

Fit fine in my S&W lower.
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 7:22:58 PM EDT
[#48]
No issues with my PSA lower, perfect fit.
Link Posted: 3/20/2012 7:36:46 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Perfect fit in my Daniel Defense lower.
Link Posted: 3/20/2012 9:04:26 AM EDT
[#50]
Perfect fit in my Spikes lower
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top