AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:49:59 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
a2 is here for a while heck there are still many who prefer the a1 it is not gone.

Fixed stocks while not tacticool, are sturdy and aid in better marksmanship.

The a2 is a good stock I prefer the a1 both offer better cheek weld than telestocks.

Gee, that's funny.. Scores on qual ranges with troops using M-4's with M68's are much higher then troops shooting A2's with Irons...

I'm not arguing against collapsible stocks, because I like them more; but comparing iron sights vs. an M68 CCO is just plain old stupid.

Of course they shot better with an optic. Has nothing to do with the stock.

Don't mind Harv.  I think he's lobbying in Washington to have every child be issued an aimpoint at birth.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:50:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh dear God! Are we really arguing about a damn stock?! It's personal preference! I'm 6'2", and know people shorter than me who prefer the A2, and people taller than me preferring the M4 and CAR stocks. I've been issued both, and am comfortable with both, with and without the armor. And I have noproblem getting the nose near the charging handle and acquiring a proper sight picture with either. Seriously, people are getting pretty offended around here over a damn preference item!

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:23:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here is another guy clearly about to be zipped into a body bag

That is the most uncouth thing I have read on this board in a while.

He was using hyperbole and I get his point completely.

I have friends who came back from the sand box in a body bag from both GW1 and GW2.
He can stick the hyperbole up his ass and show a little respect.

Respect?  Listen up tacticool wanna be, I'm a wounded in combat United States Marine.  I cash a 40% disability check each month and have worn the body armor and A2 that the moron I was responding too said was impossible.   Is it the perfect fit?  No, but we learn in the first week of boot camp what improvise and overcome means.  There are times when a collapsible would be easier, but then in those same instances...a solid stock in the hands of a man trained to use it is equally formidable (someone should introduce you to that buttstroke we've been discussing).  

Fact being, while you watched your friends leave for the sand and some of them come home under a flag...you still sat your ass here like a coward and let others go defend you.  Shove that hyperbole up your ass pretty boy.   I'm in the VA every single month, and you don't know respect until you see the cost up close and personal.  If you are anywhere near denver, stop in and I'll teach you.

If you are threatening me then bring it on.

Furthermore I don't give a damn who the fuck you think you are or how much better you think you are than anyone else who served, you can still shove your body bag comments up your ass. They were better men than you.

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:34:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:40:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Well this is what makes arfcom, arfcom, and similarly our nation as one of the greatest places to live (so far); we have choices and the liberty to exercise our own discretions. As moose01 pointed, everyone will have their own preferences and apple pie doesn't taste the same for everyone. Really, have we nothing better to squabble about than the idea of the A2 falling out of style? Lets just agree that the A2 isn't going anywhere because someone will always find a use for it, before people start pissing all over each other.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 10:43:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Please keep on topic with the OP.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 10:47:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 10:50:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Personal attacks and/or military bashing will NOT be tolerated.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top