User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/5/2005 8:00:02 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I know I'm pushing it here, but can you please divulge any more details?

Sorry top secret, too much of a PITA to share for free I will tell you a RRA 6 position receiver extention was used.

All right, I'll settle for that.
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 4:32:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/18/2005 6:14:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks great. With it that short you might as well not have the adjustable cheekpiece though unless you're running a side charging upper right?
Link Posted: 11/18/2005 6:34:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Very nice

These aren't available to the general public yet are they?

Wonder what I would have to pay an industry partner to get  me one of these....
Link Posted: 11/18/2005 6:36:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/18/2005 7:54:53 AM EDT
[#6]
This is just what I'm looking for.

A stock that makes it easy to use high mounted NV optics (ala AN/PVS4).

Schweet !
Link Posted: 11/18/2005 8:01:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Looks great. With it that short you might as well not have the adjustable cheekpiece though unless you're running a side charging upper right?

I have no use/need for  an adjustable cheekpiece.

Thats nice.
Link Posted: 11/18/2005 5:45:08 PM EDT
[#8]
On the cheekpiece / charging handle issue,

Magpul actually offers 2 versions of the stock, one for .223 rifles, and one for .308 rifles.

The one for the .308 has a slightly shorter / smaller cheekpiece so that you can pull the charging handle all the way to the rear with the cheekpiece up.

I have one on my DPMS .308, and it works just fine. I actually have the cheekpiece elevated almost to max because my scope is a 56mm, so it sits pretty high up.

I will try to post some pics, my .308 is currently in pieces, I am having some work done on it.

On the availability, don’t quote me but they should be hitting the streets any day. Impact Guns already has them on their site:
PRS Stock
They are currently listed as “Out of Stock” for now.

As soon as they do go public, I will be putting one of these stocks on all of my “Long Range” ARs.

Thanks MAGPUL!
“Capt Richardson”
Link Posted: 11/18/2005 7:00:04 PM EDT
[#9]
WOW!!  Thats a killer price!  Less than a SOPMOD!
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 6:29:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Here is a pic of one of my "Long Range" .223s with a PRS. The scope on it is a 56mm on high rings, so having the cheek height adjustment is great to help with proper sight alignment. It is also easy to raise my head position slightly to use the ATN Red Dot above the scope, and I can still maintain a cheek weld.

This type of stock has definitely been way overdue!

Thanks,
“Capt Richardson”

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c131/captrichardson/ARScopeSight.jpg
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 9:12:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Shouldn't these be available by now. I really want one, but I am starting to get a little frazzled as too availablity. Magpul dealers please chime in please.hinking.gif
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 9:27:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 9:33:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks Vic, I am starting to get the shakes. If you are going carry these keep me in mind (as it well be an immediate sell). [email protected]
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 3:25:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Tag for when these are available!
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 3:43:58 PM EDT
[#15]
But the question is, did this modification make it to the production stocks, or are we going to see a
B model in the near future?
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 4:33:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 7:14:10 AM EDT
[#17]
What mission does it fill?
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 2:03:36 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Big Bore's mod is more for his personal tastes than something we would concider for the PRS as it is different from the mission we envisioned for the PRS.

We do however think Big Bores concerns are valid but these requirments would best be delt with in the M93 replacement known as the UBR stock. This will have shorter/broader LOP along with non adjustable cheek weld and solid lock up.

Sorry no pics of the UBR yet as we just finished the locking mech and still need to work out the styling. There is also a third stock called the CTR which fills another mission which we should have some pictures of in January.

Will the UBR use a standard reciever extension or a proprietary unit?

BigBore, sounds like another opportunity for offering a customized new part ala the RRA triggers. Any thoughts with regards to this?
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 4:43:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 4:56:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Nice Rifle
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:21:00 AM EDT
[#21]
They are worth the wait! I have had mine for a while now and I love it!!
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 10:47:16 AM EDT
[#22]
How much of the buttplate is dead weight?  Or conversely, how much of the stock interior is vacant.  This may seem like a strange enquiry, but I'm looking for a place to store CR123A batteries.

I can fit two in the MIAD grip, but need at least three just for M9 illuminator replacements.  Perhaps a plastic clip might attach to the inside of the buttplate or it cold be machined to include a pocket?  Depending upon the NVD chosen, there may or may not be a need for additional cells.  I suppose there might be some accessory storage tube that mounts to a RAS on the market I'm not aware of.  Any thoughts?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top