User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 11:52:49 AM EDT
[#1]
a lot of people are having problems witht the centers?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:32:50 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
a lot of people are having problems witht the centers?

First impressions:

The first one I loaded with actual rounds inserted fine, but when I cycled the rounds through, it jammed up (inside the magazine) after the sixth or seventh round.  I removed the magazine, smacked it a bit and it pushed the remaining rounds back to the top.

Not something I want to worry about (jamming inside the mag) if in a SHTF situation.  

<sarcasm>Then again, I have a Tacpoint on the rifle, so I'm sure some will tell me it doesn't matter, because the SCOPE will fail before the MAGAZINE fails </sarcasm>

I haven't had a chance to check my others yet, though.  These are the Centers, which came in the plastic bags.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:56:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I was hoping to keep most of mine NIW but I will take some more out and try them this evening.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:54:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I stopped following this thread after I got my mags, so this was the first time I had read of any problems.

I then cut open my 5 Center mags and tested them in Colt, BM and RRA receivers.  Two drop free; one did not drop free but could be squeezed by hand to become acceptable; two are WAY TOO TIGHT in the magwell and probably can't be squeezed enough without messing up the magazine.

All were scratched up WAY worse than some of the pics here.  How the hell can a supposedly NIW magazine look like someone kicked it across a cement floor?  All the mags have some bad/rough looking welds.

So I got 3 scratched-up but apparently usable magazines and 2 POS useless mags for a total of $61.  Pretty shitty deal.  I wish I'd taken my business to a more reputable dealer.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:58:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Fortunately I can pick some up when they are at the local gun show, so I can inspect them first.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:49:19 AM EDT
[#6]
OK, I opened 5 more up last night. All of them are a little tight but still drop free so they are fine.  I have not shot with any yet so I still don't know about function.  

Another strange thing, I put a few rounds in 4 of them using a LULA and it was difficult to insert the shells that fall on the LEFT side of the mag.  It was like the feed lips were closer together than normal or something and it made it so the rounds wouldn't simply fall into place like they should.

ETA:  Has anyone called Amerisurp to let them know or see about a refund/return
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top