User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/2/2021 6:52:49 PM EDT
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/896716339

Found these on another forum.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 8:16:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Guess I have to call and see if shipping is reasonable.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 8:30:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Guess I have to call and see if shipping is reasonable.
View Quote

ditto-----

I have a couple of the Remington "bankruptcy " barrels ;the one i have fired has been very accurate but its 18" fluted ,parkerized finish.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 9:52:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Dang, you had me excited there for a minute. I thought we were talking Retro A1 barrels.  :(
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 9:57:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Dang, you had me excited there for a minute. I thought we were talking Retro A1 barrels.  :(
View Quote

Yeah, can you imagine if someone had a pile of retro barrels like that for sale . . . . . . .
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 10:25:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yeah, can you imagine if someone had a pile of retro barrels like that for sale . . . . . . .
View Quote

Hahahahahaha
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 10:43:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

I know where those are at but he won’t budge on them. Smart man lol.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 4:08:54 PM EDT
[#7]
This seller is legit. He is a good guy and offers cut down services for a reasonable price.

The barrels are high quality. Yes not retro twist rate but excellent for modern ammo and look great.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 4:44:20 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought one from him and it looks very nice...Bill
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 10:51:20 PM EDT
[#9]
About $50 tax & shipping for 2 barrels.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 11:47:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I bought one from him and it looks very nice...Bill
View Quote

Say, if you've got one in-hand, could you throw it on a scale and let me (and everyone else who counts ounces on their builds) know what it weighs, by chance?   I've been trying for over a week now, and the seller hasn't been reachable by phone, nor has he been responding to messages for the most part.   He did finally reply to one my various emails asking the weight saying it was "1 pound", which isn't exactly helpful information, given that it's obviously a heavier profile than a Faxon pencil, so "1 pound" can not be accurate.   :/    

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 1:32:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
About $50 tax & shipping for 2 barrels.
View Quote

Seriously?  That seems a little steep.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 1:49:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Annnnnd.... it looks like he just raised the price to $120, per the current gunbroker listing.    Meh.   Between the price bump and the lack of any reasonable communication, I think I'll hold out for a Faxon or Ballistic Advantage pencil for a few extra dollars.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 3:12:22 PM EDT
[#13]
He did raise the price, today. I just looked at that ad this morning and it wasn't $120. That's not cool
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 8:57:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I've been trying for over a week now, and the seller hasn't been reachable by phone, nor has he been responding to messages for the most part.   He did finally reply to one my various emails asking the weight saying it was "1 pound", which isn't exactly helpful information, given that it's obviously a heavier profile than a Faxon pencil, so "1 pound" can not be accurate.   :/    

Thanks in advance.
View Quote

Yeah, I called and emailed multiple times to get the shipping price before checkout without a response, so just went ahead anyway...at which point he then found time to tell me shipping was $50. I asked if it was really $50 for 2 barrels and he confirmed it. While $125/barrel is not an unfair price, it loses some of the appeal and I felt taken advantage of. I wouldn't buy more if he's bumped them another $30.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 11:42:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Can't speak for the vendor, but this is a trick some ebay sellers use - low price and high shipping, so the host site gets less of the total as a percentage of the sale and the seller gets more profit.  It also gets more people to buy if there's no info on shipping costs.

Having just shipped a barrel to and from Adco, it ran around $20 to them and $16 back.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 12:24:54 PM EDT
[#16]
My barrel was shipped quickly and cheaply. The vendor in this case talked with me over the phone to make sure I got what I needed and spent time making sure everything worked out. The product was awesome. Due to the fact that he is one of the only places you can get .625 carbine barrels, it makes sense he raised the price.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 4:59:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Sure, it's his business, he can run it how he wants, and he can price his stuff how he wants, it's a free(ish) country.   I'm glad he did right by a couple of y'all.     But it's a free(ish) country, and at this point, his chances of getting any money off of me are right around 0.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 12:50:34 AM EDT
[#18]
The barrel I bought weighed 1 pound 6 ounces on my old analog postage scale. He overcharged me on shipping. My whole experience with him was weird. After I won the auction, I went through the checkout procedure. The checkout form said the seller would provide the shipping charges. I checked a couple of times a day for several days and got nothing. I emailed the guy 6 times asking for the shipping charges. Then, I get a non-paying bidder report filed against me. Finally, I talked to the guy on the phone and I told him I was waiting for him to provide the shipping charges. That's when he told me he didn't use the gunbroker checkout form, and he never got the emails I sent him. Finally he sent me the total, $130. After he got paid, he sent the barrel and asked me to leave ferdback for him. I am not sure, but could this be some kid selling his daddy's barrels?
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 8:22:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Those look like the Bushmaster pencil barrels CDNN was selling for $50.    I built an upper with one.  Shoots fine.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 9:40:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The barrel I bought weighed 1 pound 6 ounces on my old analog postage scale. He overcharged me on shipping. My whole experience with him was weird. After I won the auction, I went through the checkout procedure. The checkout form said the seller would provide the shipping charges. I checked a couple of times a day for several days and got nothing. I emailed the guy 6 times asking for the shipping charges. Then, I get a non-paying bidder report filed against me. Finally, I talked to the guy on the phone and I told him I was waiting for him to provide the shipping charges. That's when he told me he didn't use the gunbroker checkout form, and he never got the emails I sent him. Finally he sent me the total, $130. After he got paid, he sent the barrel and asked me to leave ferdback for him. I am not sure, but could this be some kid selling his daddy's barrels?
View Quote

I have had the exact same experience with him.  I sent a message thru gunbroker and he responded.  Waiting on my barrel.  It has been shipped.  Never responded to the gunbroker request for shipping and i don't know how I am going to clear this on my gunbroker account.  Still says under review pending seller to provide shipping price.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top