Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2020 6:52:10 AM EDT
I need help understanding if there is a certain weight buffer and spring necessary for a carbine length .450 bushmaster. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Curt
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 7:10:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Friends ruger has standard spring and carbine buffer. But if it were mine i would try a h1 or 2 to see how it behaved.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 9:17:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I just built my first one a couple of weeks ago and had the same question.  Helpful old guy at my LGS said he's built a few of them and it doesn't need anything special so I picked up a CMC mil spec buffer tube and buffer.  He was right, bold cycles just fine.  Now, reliably feeding this beast is another and well documented issue.   Still working on that.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 9:35:09 AM EDT
[#3]
If it's properly gases a standard buffer and spring should work fine.  My 20-in 450 BM is using a standard A2 receiver extension and rifle buffer and spring.  Runs just fine.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 9:53:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Standard is normal, seems many barrels are made with gas port to small, leading to cycling issues.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 11:32:38 AM EDT
[#5]
I am going to replace the carrier.  Factory Bushy is AR15.  I picked up an M16 carrier and bolt from Brownell's for like $85 around Christmas.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 11:09:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just built my first one a couple of weeks ago and had the same question.  Helpful old guy at my LGS said he's built a few of them and it doesn't need anything special so I picked up a CMC mil spec buffer tube and buffer.  He was right, bold cycles just fine.  Now, reliably feeding this beast is another and well documented issue.   Still working on that.
View Quote
https://dura-mag.com/product/duramag-ss-450-bushmaster-stainless-steel/

Buy these and don't look back.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 5:21:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I have an H2 in mine, it's also a midlength though.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 8:40:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I put a red heavy spring in step moms to tame it a little more with a standard buffer. She likes it, it cycles just right for Hornady ammo but my plinker loads require a regular spring for it to be reliable. Should be good enough for moose in Tanana flats.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top