Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2020 10:10:35 AM EDT
Hello everyone,

I want to put together a PCC in .40 for Glock mags.  I've done some reading her, and some searches.  How good are the Stern conversions?  I was looking at this
https://getstern.com/key-components-16-1-inch-barrel-kit-40sw/

It's a bit pricey, but if the barrel, bolt, and adapter work well together...  I figure it'd be simpler than buying from 4 different places.

Thanks,

Mark
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 10:58:54 AM EDT
[#1]
If you can afford the CMMG radial delayed, I'd get that.
If not, I'd build from New Frontier Armory.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 12:08:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 10:12:43 AM EDT
[#3]
What about the mag adapter?  I'm having trouble finding them in stock.  I will check your website for Barrels, I think I looked at it earlier.  I just took a quick look, there's no .40 listed I could find.  I am interested though.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 6:55:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm using a Stern Defense adapter for my .40 Glock AR.  It has been trouble free.  The only issue is getting used to the mag release position but it makes up for it by having a reliable bolt stop.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 8:21:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 9:22:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a large amount of 40s&w ammo, so I too decided to build a 40 PCC.   Two years ago I bought a Glock mag QC10 Lower and SBR'd it.   Added a hyperfine trigger, magpul stocks, and KNS anti-walk pins.  The upper is a QC10 upper receiver, bolt and barrel.  They are pricey, but I think they make really good products.  I built it and added a troy rail.  I went with a 5.5" barrel and added a suppressor that just slightly fits inside the rail.   Looks and runs great.  With 180 gr bullets it runs subsonic and is a hoot to shoot as it has a little more "thump" than my 9mm PCC.  With 155 gr its not sub, but it thumps even a little more.   I regularly bang 4-6" steel at 35 yds and never miss.   At 60 yds I rarely miss, but do on occasion.  I have a Primary Arms red dot.   I enjoy this gun so much, I recently built another upper for it.  I use the existing previously described lower, but built a 16" (40s&w) upper for it.   All QC10, upper and barrel, but I'm using the existing QC10 bolt I already had.   Also a great shooter!   Good luck.  Sorry, I don't know how to post pics, I don't use hosting services.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 12:59:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What about the mag adapter?  I'm having trouble finding them in stock.  I will check your website for Barrels, I think I looked at it earlier.  I just took a quick look, there's no .40 listed I could find.  I am interested though.
View Quote

9mm and 40 S&W Glock mags will both fit in the mag well.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 11:52:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a Lone Wolf BCG that I would sell if you need. I an converting a carbine to 9mm
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 8:10:31 PM EDT
[#9]
We bought a Olympic Arms K40-GL brand new many years ago, and it's run like a Swiss watch.

Some law enforcement agencies issued them since they used the same Glock mags as their G22 duty pistols, so there might be some out there on the used market.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 7:56:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've built multiple blowback 40's....and can fix you up with a barrel bolt buffer combo that I can guarantee to run.
View Quote

What length barrel?
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 10:36:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 3:12:58 PM EDT
[#12]
About 6".
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 3:26:03 PM EDT
[#13]
If you already own a Glock in .40 the Recover pistol brace is surprisingly functional and much less weight and recoil than a blowback AR.  Works best with a slide mounted red dot.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 4:43:45 PM EDT
[#14]
an update....

I got all my parts, and put it together.  A 16" barrel from Rudy, and a rebranded QC10 lower, along with parts I had about.  Taking it shooting tomorrow, will put up a pic or two.  I have a wide variety of mags from the original no drop mags, to various incarnations of better dropping mags.  My solution when I shot matches with a glock pistol was armor all on the mags every now and then.  The latest couple of mag generations do drop well.

Thanks to all for the input, really looking forward to shooting it.

Mark
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 10:56:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 8:20:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Thanks Rudy
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 5:57:03 PM EDT
[#17]
So, it shoots great!  I had to tweak the ejector a bit, but that was about it.  I attached a crappy pic.  I need a new case for my phone, it blurs the pics.

It's kind of funny, the glock mags have changed quite a bit over the years.  The early drop frees I have don't drop, but the newer ones do.  The only follower that trips the bho is the newest.  All the older ones have a step in the follower that seems to keep it from pushing up enough for the bho.

Mark
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 10:56:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 5:44:34 PM EDT
[#19]
And, my glock springs have been worked hard.  Thanks, will do springs and followers, eventually.

Mark
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 3:22:44 PM EDT
[#20]
So, after hundreds more rounds with no failures to eject, I am declaring that issue SOLVED.  My next question is, does anybody put a pin through the barrel nut to keep it from coming loose?  I bet I've got a roll pin that would work.... Mine came loose, but I didn't torque it a ton at first.  I have now torqued to 45ft pds, which looks to be about 80 degrees further than I had tightened it initiallly.  I did clean and lube the barrel nut.

Mark
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top