Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2021 11:27:49 PM EDT
What's out there and in stock for .350 barrels? I have a PSA 16" 5.56 that I'd like to re-barrel for Indiana deer season. I figure I'd get going on the barrel and ammo before everyone else does. I'd prefer something with a lighter profile though admittedly I don't know what they usually come in.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 11:45:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I just bought 5 boxes of the Winchester FMJ rounds to get this started.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 12:06:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
What's out there and in stock for .350 barrels? I have a PSA 16" 5.56 that I'd like to re-barrel for Indiana deer season. I figure I'd get going on the barrel and ammo before everyone else does. I'd prefer something with a lighter profile though admittedly I don't know what they usually come in.
View Quote

Bear Creek Arsenal has complete uppers on sale. I have one, haven’t shot it much but it’s been reliable and accurate.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 10:46:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I built an upper using a CMMG 16 inch nitride barrel.   The contour is very light and it is a well made and well finished (zero copper fouling)  and shoots well, (1.5 MOA with good loads) and even better with my Mystic X silencer.  I am shooting the Hornady 165 FTX and 170 Interlock at a chronographed 2,225 fps with 24.7 grains of Lil Gun which is .3 grains BELOW the 25 grain Lil Gun starting load published by Hodgdon.  If you are handloading, real caution is the watchword.  350 Legend is the first cartridge that I have loaded for where middle range data was, in my case, simply unsafe.  Bulged cases, lost primers, etc.  It is, however a very mild recoiling, efficient cartridge and it pole axed a nice sized doe for me last season.  I am a fan.  

AC
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 1:50:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Green mountain has a nitride 16" barrel in stock for $173.

https://www.gmriflebarrel.com/gm-m65-16-350-legend-1-16-nitride/
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 4:12:24 PM EDT
[#5]
GM is the way to go.  I have several of their barrels and have never been disappointed.  GM verses BCA?  Apples and rotten oranges comparison.  GM all the way.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 4:15:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks for that link.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 9:03:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Thanks for that link.
View Quote

No problemo. I have interest in the .350 Legend, but have to wait.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 11:31:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks all!

Quoted:

View Quote

What size gas block does this take? Is everything else standard (gas tube, barrel nut)?
Anyone know what barrel profile this is? I'm trying to keep this as light as possible.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 12:10:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Thanks all!

What size gas block does this take? Is everything else standard (gas tube, barrel nut)?
Anyone know what barrel profile this is? I'm trying to keep this as light as possible.
View Quote

That is more of a DMR style profile, not lightweight but remember it has a .355" hole rather than .224" so that will subtract some.  Looks to be a .750" GB journal and carbine gas.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top