Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/2/2018 6:32:44 PM EDT
Can anyone steer me where I can buy a short .300 Blk out buffer ? I have searched everywhere I know with no results.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 7:15:54 PM EDT
[#1]
.300 blackout uses the same buffer sizes as its 5.56x45mm counterparts. You will not likely find buffers and receiver extensions listed specifically for. 300 BO. It is important that the buffer size is correct for the receiver extension in which it is installed.

I assume that you are looking for a buffer/receiver extension combination that is shorter than the typical carbine length.  If so, then look at the 5.56 options. You may wish to vary the weight of the buffer for best functionality, depending on your load, and exact configuration of your upper assembly.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 7:25:08 PM EDT
[#2]
The reason I was asking is that my neighbor has two buffers in his 300 blk outs and both are shorter than a std. carbine buffer and one is stamped .300 blk out on the head. He can't remember where he got them but swears that they eliminate all problems.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 7:33:24 PM EDT
[#3]
What problems? My 8.2” ran fine with a normal carbine buffer. Now it runs fine on a LWRC UCIW stock kit.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 7:51:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What problems? My 8.2” ran fine with a normal carbine buffer. Now it runs fine on a LWRC UCIW stock kit.
View Quote
Failure to feed next round after first round fired. Doesn't strip second round at all on one of my pistol build and the other strips the second round but hangs up on the bcg before chambering.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 7:56:22 PM EDT
[#5]
What’s your set up? Pistol or carbine gas? Is that happening with subs, supers, or both?
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 8:12:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What’s your set up? Pistol or carbine gas? Is that happening with subs, supers, or both?
View Quote
Both are 7" barrel with pistol gas set up. The one not picking up the second round at all is std. carbine spring with H2 buffer. The one catching the second round and hanging on bcg is std. spring and std. buffer. Both do this using std. FMJ brass ammo.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 9:21:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Suppressor? I would try a standard carbine buffer instead of the H2. Sounds undergassed IMO. I don’t know about the other one.

ETA: what’s the ejection pattern like?

Link Posted: 12/2/2018 10:23:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Suppressor? I would try a standard carbine buffer instead of the H2. Sounds undergassed IMO. I don’t know about the other one.

ETA: what’s the ejection pattern like?

http://i.imgur.com/wx6HWwG.jpg
View Quote
I was so pissed that they weren't functioning right I didn't even pay attention to the ejection pattern.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 9:26:21 AM EDT
[#9]
The .300 BO runs fine with a carbine buffer and spring.

What buffer tube are you using?
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 6:37:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The .300 BO runs fine with a carbine buffer and spring.

What buffer tube are you using?
View Quote
Just basic pistol buffer tube with foam sleeve on both. Brand not known.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 7:15:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Starting to wonder if this is what I saw in a .300 black out ? It looks just like it.  https://veriforcetactical.com/product/308-ar15-ar10-short-buffer-for-use-with-a-standard-ar15-collapsible-stock/
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top