Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/8/2021 8:25:59 PM EDT
I going to build a 10.5", .300 BO pistol. i have a complete lower with a SBA3 brace with a carbine buffer and spring. I know that the PSA kits come with the carbine spring and buffer, but is this optimal? This pistol will not be suppressed now, but hopefully it will be down the road.
Link Posted: 11/8/2021 8:30:00 PM EDT
[#1]
That’s probably optimal if you plan on shooting supers and subs
Link Posted: 11/8/2021 8:31:58 PM EDT
[#2]
My 9.5" Blk I have has a standard buffer and spring, but I also have a adjustable gas block and it is not wide open.
Link Posted: 11/8/2021 8:33:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Carbine buffer is fine.
Link Posted: 11/8/2021 8:37:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for answers. Order is in for the upper.
Link Posted: 11/8/2021 8:57:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Straight from AAC themselves..
There is no right answer for different manufacturers and barrel lengths. The AAC 16" needs a carbine buffer to run subs without a silencer, but their 9" uses an H2. We recommend a H2 buffer for our 8.2" 300 BLK barrel, but you can use an H if running without a silencer or only subs.

IMPORTANT NOTES:
-The 9" and 12.5" AAC 300BLK Uppers are designed for use with a carbine receiver extension, standard GI Buffer Spring, and an H2 Buffer.
-The 16" AAC 300BLK Upper is designed for use with a carbine receiver extension, standard GI Buffer Spring, and a CARBINE Buffer

I'm sure you will be fine with carbine/carbine but I run and H2 with carbine unsuppressed and it functions perfectly with all types of ammo.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 11:48:55 PM EDT
[#6]
It all depends and you are not married to one specific buffer weight.  You can always test different weights if you have issues or swap for different loads.  Optimal will be you testing and seeing what works.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 11:21:44 PM EDT
[#7]
No issues whatsoever with 7.5 and 16 inch BO shooting 145-220 gr loads with standard carbine buffer and spring. Definitely some fine tuning that can be done with specific loads etc.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top