Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/8/2021 10:12:47 PM EDT
My wife ordered me an 80% lower for a Christmas present and it was stolen off our front porch. Now she is about to have $100 store credit at righttobear.com. Question is what should I get with it?

Note that I am building my first 300BLK now. Have the stripped upper and lower, Geissele rail, and suppressor waiting approval. My top thoughts are:

1) 80% lower (I have an unused 5dTactical jig)
2) 2x LPK w/o trigger and grip
3) 6x 300BLK magazines

Which of the above do you think I should get, or what else from there?

Edit: I do have one stripped TN Arms AR-9 lower and a stripped PSA lower. The 300BLK build is my focus now though. Also want to consider future laws and what I should get now too though.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 10:26:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I personally would go with another 80%. With today's political climate it would probably be best choice if you wanted to do a future build. Especially since you have a 5D jig sitting around unused.

The .300 AAC Blackout not only uses the same bolt as the 5.56/.223 but also the same mags.

IF you do go the LPK route, I've seen complete LPK minus FCG for $50 and under at a few places. Black rifle depot had FULL LPK including T6 stock, buffer tube, and buffer/spring for $100.

I saw a deal for a 80% lower and bought me one, 2 if I had a little more cash. I've never done the 80%, even with AKs, but today's political climate made me think it would be a good idea to have one on hand just in case.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 10:29:11 PM EDT
[#2]
How is this remotely tech based?
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 12:02:10 AM EDT
[#3]
My bad. New to the forums and didn’t know where to post. Didn’t know if I should use the money for a LPK for my current build and an extra one, or something else.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top