Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2019 12:01:30 PM EDT
Maybe I'm missing something but loading my VZ58 with strippers isn't as easy or smooth as loading my SKS.

Seems as soon as I start to drop rounds the bolt releases and pushed forward on the stripper. Faster is better but I can't seem to seamlessly get all 10 rounds in without manually holding the bolt open.
Link Posted: 9/21/2019 5:15:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I’ve  had some luck by wrapping my left hand under the receiver and holding the bolt lock button up while pushing the rounds off the clip and into the magazine.

The feed lips are really buried with the vz58 and it takes some thumb stuffing to get the rounds into the mag. My take on it is that it’s nice to have the clip loading feature but you should probably depend on having spare loaded magazines.

AJ
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 10:35:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Glad this came up as I thought I was an idiot, unable to load with stripper clips.  My SKS loads extremely easily compared to the VZ-58.

Bill
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 1:15:54 PM EDT
[#3]
BTW I noticed on Zahal’s site they’re offering a lever type VZ58 speed loader that works similar to an Uplula, one that’s pocket sized that snaps on to the top of the mag. No idea who’s making it, Zahal just says it will ship separately and lists it as coming from Czech Republic.

They don’t describe exactly how it works but one of the photos shows ammo on a stripper clip.

I’ve ordered from Zahal before, they’re good but shipping is slow. Trying to find this loader on eBay but so far no luck.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 9:20:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By wanderson:
BTW I noticed on Zahal’s site they’re offering a lever type VZ58 speed loader that works similar to an Uplula, one that’s pocket sized that snaps on to the top of the mag. No idea who’s making it, Zahal just says it will ship separately and lists it as coming from Czech Republic.

They don’t describe exactly how it works but one of the photos shows ammo on a stripper clip.

I’ve ordered from Zahal before, they’re good but shipping is slow. Trying to find this loader on eBay but so far no luck.
View Quote
$68? Dang!

Please post a link if you find one cheaper.

AJ
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 9:46:29 AM EDT
[#5]
No luck finding one. Not even sure who actually makes the one Zahal is showing.

And yea, I have a hard time with that price. And that’s before shipping. Maybe if it was all steel construction, but probably just mold injected plastic. At least it doesn’t look 3D printed.

Uplula loaders are half that. And they’re proven to be reliable. Guess I’ll just keep pestering Uplula to make one, or maybe try to modify my Uplula AK loader. I was able to file out an AR15 Uplula for Mini 14 mags...
Link Posted: 10/17/2019 9:08:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Looking at the loader from Zahal, it is for loading loose magazines.  
I was thinking it was for loading the mags while installed in the rifle.

Zahal VX-58 Magazine Loader

Bill
Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top