Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/18/2022 11:56:16 AM EDT
I am going to be receiving one of the new m77 imports and am thinking about which optic to get for it

I only have experience with the POSP 4x24V which is calibrated for 7.62x39, I was able to zero the first chevron at 100 yards and then use the second chevron to shoot at 200 and 300 yards no problem

I was thinking of putting the POSP 4-8x42V on the m77, but wasn't sure if it was calibrated for 308 and would zero properly?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B097TLQH48?tag=arfcom00-20

any other suggestions would be appreciated, hopefully txzen sees this

thanks boys!
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 12:21:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Primary Arms 1-6x ACSS on mine using a knockoff of the discontinued MI 30mm ring mount that was modified to index fully forward on the M77 rail. It works well. I've had no issues with the mount returning to zero and it did not lose zero after a full week every day in the woods.

The scope sits as low as possible to the dust cover without interfering with the zoom ring. With a POSP using the SVD mount you will get a chin weld at best.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 1:30:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a Primary Arms 1-6x ACSS on mine using a knockoff of the discontinued MI 30mm ring mount that was modified to index fully forward on the M77 rail. It works well. I've had no issues with the mount returning to zero and it did not lose zero after a full week every day in the woods.

The scope sits as low as possible to the dust cover without interfering with the zoom ring. With a POSP using the SVD mount you will get a chin weld at best.
View Quote

I'm into the POSP type optics, the chin weld doesn't bother me
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 1:42:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I'm into the POSP type optics, the chin weld doesn't bother me
View Quote

Then personally I would use a PSO 4x with the SVD mount and 1000m reticule which is calibrated for 54r. It should match .308 ballistics well enough.

I don't know your intended usage but for me using the M77 as a hunting rifle with typical ranges up to 300yd the 4x would be ideal.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 4:03:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Then personally I would use a PSO 4x with the SVD mount and 1000m reticule which is calibrated for 54r. It should match .308 ballistics well enough.

I don't know your intended usage but for me using the M77 as a hunting rifle with typical ranges up to 300yd the 4x would be ideal.
View Quote

you wouldn't happen to have a link to one of these in stock by chance?

appreciate your replies bro
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 8:16:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Amazon has the Belomo 1000m 4x
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top