Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2019 3:57:01 PM EDT
I bought a wasr10/63 on gunbroker for a good price. There is a three day inspection on the rifle when i get. I got to looking at the rifle pics and notice it has RAS47 furniture. My worry is the former owner changed out the bolt carrier groups( A known RAS47 issue). My question does all Romanian bolt carrier groups have serial numbers on all parts? and is this a good way to identify a surplus bolt carrier group? or a at least wasr10 bolt carrier group? I posted this in the Romanian section but only got one reply. I would like to know what look for when I go to the FFL that way I can deny the rifle upon inspection and send it back. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 7:32:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Bolt/Carrier/Trunion markings should all match. If they dont match the front trunion, send it back, don't even question it.

If they do all match, have a look at the sights for any cant'ing as well as the rivets. Make sure they all are flush, not over pressed, and no air gaps between them and the reciever. Stock shouldn't wiggle but it's cheap wood so replacing that w/ a magpul or AR 15 tube you might consider.

Minor carbon buildup is fine.
Ask to disassemble the rifle. Remove the carrier and check the bolt face. Also check the lockup faces to ensure even wear/cracking. Inspect the gas tub for rust as well as rifling of the barrel.

Reassemble. Bring a spare magazine from home, preferbly metal. Ensure fitment with a little wobble.

G2G.
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 3:19:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for the walk through. The rifle should be here today.
Link Posted: 3/31/2019 12:34:19 PM EDT
[#3]
The rifle was delayed because of weather. I also found out that, an easy way to identify a RAS47 bolt carrier, is by the lightening cuts in the bolt carrier.
Link Posted: 3/31/2019 6:37:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The rifle was delayed because of weather. I also found out that, an easy way to identify a RAS47 bolt carrier, is by the lightening cuts in the bolt carrier.
View Quote
You'll also find out when it breaks.

Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top