Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/18/2021 6:49:55 PM EDT
i have a post ban Egyptian Maadi imported by intrac of knoxville tn . the muzzle threads and front sight block has been "restored " and it has magpul furniture on the back ( i did get the original "thumb hole " wood furniture with it but some one butchered it prior. i know the pre bans are bringing a premium but would like to get a ball park value on this as i might be interested it selling it . thanks in advance for any help .
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 7:55:25 PM EDT
[#1]
My Pars Maadi unfortunately has a barrel diameter of around 11.5mm at the bore. Haven't been concerned enough to try and thread or sleeve it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 8:12:55 PM EDT
[#2]
this one just had a thin non threaded "thread protector " soldered onto the sight block , however the pin to lock a muzzle device had been peened into the sight block .
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 10:16:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
i have a post ban Egyptian Maadi imported by intrac of knoxville tn . the muzzle threads and front sight block has been "restored " and it has magpul furniture on the back ( i did get the original "thumb hole " wood furniture with it but some one butchered it prior. i know the pre bans are bringing a premium but would like to get a ball park value on this as i might be interested it selling it . thanks in advance for any help .
View Quote

I have one of those as well. I would go on GunBroker and see what they are actually selling for. I mean guys put some ridiculous asking prices on there, but eventually they come back to Earth. There are six on there right now with asking prices from $1558 (2) and $2775 (ha!) and zero bids on all of them. I would suspect they'd need to be closer to $1500 to have a chance of selling though. One is a desirable crutch folder and should get the listed $1795. One of the $1850s has already been TAPCOd too, so it won't get much. To get the most out of the Maadis, I believe they have to be original with the thumbhole stock (two stocks on GB for sale for $70 if you're interested), or they'd have to be nicely restored. If you have the original certificate, it helps with the value as well.

My ACC INTRAC Maadi, restored with Egyptian furniture, gas block and rear sight. It also has an Egyptian sling, magazines and I have a black Egyptian bayonet for it. Unfortunately, the individual Egyptian parts supplies like furniture, barrel parts, sights, etc., ran out years ago.

Link Posted: 5/21/2021 6:20:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 7:23:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Very nice maadi   - I always thought they would clean up nice if someone took the time /  sourced the parts.  Well done.
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 8:48:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top