Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/26/2020 9:59:13 AM EDT
I know that the ACE is different than the classic/60s Galil receiver, but I have never seen an ACE up close and in-person.

Has anyone considered modifying their classic receiver to allow the mounting of, for example, Midwest Industries ACE handguards? It surprised me how much material appears to have been removed from the "front trunnion" area on the ACE, in comparison to the classic.

It seems to me that if you had receiver stubs from a kit anyway, you could get the classic to match the front profile of the ACE receiver, and while building up your kit, make an ACE-style front retainer (double-sided screw ferrule, that I assume goes in the same location as the old u-retainer). And if they were different, you have a chance to fix that because barrels these days are coming without any gas port holes or pin slots drilled.

Is that a crazy idea? Would it work?

Yes it would be a lot of effort, but if you have the receiver stubs to mess around with, no finished receivers in stock for a while anyway...
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 11:28:39 AM EDT
[#1]
No one?
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 6:27:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Bueller?
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top