Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/31/2016 6:45:21 PM EDT

Did we talk about this yet?

Hasn't hit the market yet as far as I can tell, but looks promising.

Link Posted: 7/31/2016 7:09:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I will be in for one!
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:28:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Spent_Casing] [#2]
Im not a huge fan of the stock VZ folder but want a folder in my collection for many reasons. So I put up with the many downsides to deal with the few upsides.

If its cost effective enough, Im highly interested! There are great options currently available, but price puts them out of my need.

Hell, Im sure I could do a one-off and fab one up for myself (and I may have to), but as Ive posted in other threads, Id much rather pay someone else to do the work for me for a cheaper price than my own time.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 10:25:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I wasn't a fan of the folder when using irons but when I added a red dot I went from a cheek weld to a chin weld, that made the folder a lot easier to live with. But glad to see the Zhukov adaptor coming soon. Always nice to have choices. Anyone know if this adaptor will also work with the Magpul fixed stock?

But if I replace my factory folder I'd probably go with another CNC Warrior, I put on on my WASR and never regretted it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 6:45:06 PM EDT
[#4]
These are in stock at atlanticfirearms.

I just ordered one.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 3:22:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I got mine.  I like it a lot.

Was a lot of work, did not have any instructions, but I figured it out.  RERegulate said they will rectify that problem.

Link Posted: 9/7/2016 6:50:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Cool.

How does it effect handling characteristics?

IOW, the 58 is a "quick handling" carbine.  Any impact?
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 6:56:42 AM EDT
[#7]
The adapter got delivered yesterday.

I'm still waiting on the zhukov stock.
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 1:56:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By primuspilum:
Cool.

How does it effect handling characteristics?

IOW, the 58 is a "quick handling" carbine.  Any impact?
View Quote

It is heavier than the original folder, but it adds weight at the stock end, so it balances better.

I have long arms so the added length of pull really makes the gun fit me better, overall, better handling for me.

As pictured the gun weighs right at 8 pounds. (Mag is empty)
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 1:27:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: primuspilum] [#9]
Installed it today.

This is a century vz.

no issues putting it on other than I left my tools in the trunk of the car which is at the shop right now.

Less of an angle than the one above.  I wonder if RS makes straight and angle mounted adapters

Link Posted: 9/12/2016 9:59:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Looks like Aim Surplus carries both the adapter and stock. Free shipping on both. Do you guys think it's worth the upgrade?
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 8:33:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By primuspilum:

Installed it today.

This is a century vz.

no issues putting it on other than I left my tools in the trunk of the car which is at the shop right now.
Less of an angle than the one above.  I wonder if RS makes straight and angle mounted adapters
http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy309/toecutter_01/IMG_2843_zpshp6jx3he.jpg

View Quote
How is the sight pic with that stock height?

Link Posted: 9/14/2016 8:42:01 PM EDT
[#12]
How did you adapt the screw through the plate to the receiver on the VZ2008?

I finally got the folding butt stock screw out with a bit of effort. The hole on the adapter plate and the receiver are different sizes and don't seem to line up.

I'm thinking of running a smaller diameter bolt through and putting a nut inside the receiver. I just have to make sure I have enough clearance for the gun to operate correctly. Thoughts are welcome.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 8:03:10 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm going to give this a bump to see if we can flush out any further information on how this stock performs for these guys.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 8:03:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DOGolden] [#14]
I put one on my VZ58 the other day.  All in all it looks bad ass.  The Zhukov side folder is completely awesome.  I am a tall guy and I like the extended length of pull that this stock has to offer.

BUT..... the cheek weld is too high.  Perfect if you're going to run a red to or something but forget it if you're going to use iron sights.

Pix when I remember how to post them.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/ak-47/RS-Regulate-Stock-Adapter-vs-StormWerkz-Stock-Adapter-for-VZ-58-s-help-video-/99-163691/?page=1
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:45:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Ok, sorry it's been awhile because work is blowing chunks right now.

I purchased one of the adapters and installed it on my VZ2008. I had to tap it on with a rubber hammer as it was tight fit. The bolt hole with did not line up with the stock so I improvised. I ran a smaller diameter bolt through it with a washer and smoked it down. I had to trim the washer a bit so that the bolt and dust cover would go into the receiver. I asked a gunsmith about it when getting the front sight aligned and he said it was pretty solid. It definitely raised the line of sight so the next portion will have to be a red dot put on.

I also hacked up a long Magpul handguard and made it work. Mr. Dremel and Mr. Dewalt end grinder had work to do that was not for the faint of heart. There is no longer any beaver barf on the rifle.

Now, if someone can explain to me how the picture thing works on here, I'll throw some up on the board. It keeps asking for a URL and all my pics are on my hard drives.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 6:04:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Attachment Attached File

I just did this....
Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top