BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2019 9:07:40 PM EDT
Found a neat video.

It can be done, when is it going to happen from the factory? Cmon Magpul

Installing zhukov handguard without removing your handguard retainer clip.
Link Posted: 12/20/2019 2:15:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I was telling people to try doing this pretty much the day they were released. But some folks didn't seem to think they would ever change their minds, so they cut the retainer, rather than cutting a slot into a cheaper or more easily replaced item...

Of course this has been out for a few years now, and I don't think they're really worried about improving the Zhukov forearm. I'm still dumbfounded at Magpuls incompetence when it comes to some of the things it does for the AK. Yes, I like Magpul, I buy lots of Magpul products... But not everything they do, is done right. Like their AK mags... Steel-reinforced feed lips? I'm glad they do another version that adds steel front and rear locking tabs, but they still lack those feed lips...

Just something to note, I recommend and purchase their products all the time. Except these two listed above, for the reasons I just mentioned...
Link Posted: 12/20/2019 2:41:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was telling people to try doing this pretty much the day they were released. But some folks didn't seem to think they would ever change their minds, so they cut the retainer, rather than cutting a slot into a cheaper or more easily replaced item...

Of course this has been out for a few years now, and I don't think they're really worried about improving the Zhukov forearm. I'm still dumbfounded at Magpuls incompetence when it comes to some of the things it does for the AK. Yes, I like Magpul, I buy lots of Magpul products... But not everything they do, is done right. Like their AK mags... Steel-reinforced feed lips? I'm glad they do another version that adds steel front and rear locking tabs, but they still lack those feed lips...

Just something to note, I recommend and purchase their products all the time. Except these two listed above, for the reasons I just mentioned...
View Quote
I posted this in their Industry forum, surprisingly no replies...

I really like the Zhukov-U on my M-10, but no way I'd chop the retainer on a more expensive rifle. My retaining channel was a bit over-sized but the rest of the rifle was pretty good (Shimming didn't really help me much... Even Zenitco was kinda loose surprisingly) I tried a few things to tighten it up but it was just a waste of time. Still a loose hand-guard retainer didn't seem worth sending the rifle back, a few brands fit well but none of the extended ones I wanted worked out.

At the end of the day it's just a common Romanian Cugir so I don't feel too bad about it.

Advocating people take a Dremel to their rifle is kind of a recipe for disaster. I can see a few morons cutting too deep.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top