Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2021 7:48:38 PM EDT
Been wanting a M90 or Beryl which ever I could get first.

Zastava M90 1st Range Session

" />
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 7:54:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm right there with you.
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 7:56:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm right there with you.
View Quote

Beryls sell out so fast,
But now that I have the M90 so far super pleased, and its cheaper.
AKs point so well for me this gun settles so fast!
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 11:53:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Great video! Not to nitpick, but at 9:34 you made a slight mistake. These are not "Zastava Brand" magazines. They are aftermarket magazines make by Tora Plastik of Serbia. They are packaged with your rifle by the importer in order to save money.
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 6:56:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Great video! Not to nitpick, but at 9:34 you made a slight mistake. These are not "Zastava Brand" magazines. They are aftermarket magazines make by Tora Plastik of Serbia. They are packaged with your rifle by the importer in order to save money.
View Quote

Thank you for the info, il post a correction in future video.

Jeff
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 7:16:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Good video, haven't owned an AK in decades it makes me ponder a purchase.

(Heading over to Atlantic's web site.)
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 9:42:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Good video, haven't owned an AK in decades it makes me ponder a purchase.

(Heading over to Atlantic's web site.)
View Quote

Do it!
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 10:50:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 6:01:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Group pic of 5.56 rifles Not ARs

" />
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 9:44:17 PM EDT
[#9]
I've seen several of your videos on zpaps.  I just noticed your in North Carolina.  Nice group of rifles.  I'm near Winston Salem.  Cheers Wardawg.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 1:01:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I've seen several of your videos on zpaps.  I just noticed your in North Carolina.  Nice group of rifles.  I'm near Winston Salem.  Cheers Wardawg.
View Quote

Come shoot the Zoo City 2gun in Franklinvillle sometime. 3rd weekend of every month, I always shoot  AK In it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 11:09:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Really tempted to get one, move front sight back to gas block, cut to 14.5 and pin a QD mount on.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 11:13:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Took mine to the range yesterday, I used a combination of Zavasta and Saiga magazines with no failures in the 200 round break-in.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 8:16:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Mods complete:
Attero Arms Bravo Mount with Gen I, PA Micro dot
Krebs Yugo ambi-safety
VG6 Epsilon Break
Beryl mag release
ALG trigger
TDI Arms forend
Zastava Cheese grater
" />
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 8:20:35 PM EDT
[#14]
How is the optic mount holding up?
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 8:23:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Its my 3rd combo, Arsenal 107R this M90 and a M70 all have same set up.....longest running one is on my M70, 2,000rds zero issues
Perhaps 1000rds on my 107R no issues
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 8:31:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Its my 3rd combo, Arsenal 107R this M90 and a M70 all have same set up.....longest running one is on my M70, 2,000rds zero issues
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is awesome, I have been looking for a good AK mount and did not like Ultimax and the side rails seem to throw off the gun’s balance.
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 1:39:43 PM EDT
[#17]
New video all M90
MTS How to train 8: 120 Carbine Classifier (120 Drill), for rifles and carbines. M90 Zastava.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 6:43:40 PM EDT
[#18]
@Stukas87
@R0N
@ATLANTIC-FIREARMS

And anyone else who knows:

1) From the pictures, the stock looks adjustable.  If so, what is the length in the open, and closed positions?  Compared to NATO vs Warsaw stock length?

2) I have a pile of steel Serbian factory mags I use for a couple of M85 SBR’s.  They fit the M90, correct?  

3) How do you like the stock?  Are there any other stock options?  

Thank you.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 7:34:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 7:59:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
@Stukas87
@R0N
@ATLANTIC-FIREARMS

1) From the pictures, the stock looks adjustable.  If so, what is the length in the open, and closed positions?  Compared to NATO vs Warsaw stock length?

2) I have a pile of steel Serbian factory mags I use for a couple of M85 SBR’s.  They fit the M90, correct?  

Thank you.
View Quote

Looks like R0N got you on the length.

Yes, the steel M85 mags work with the M90. Zastava also sells a polymer mag, and the AC-Unity 5.56 AK mags fit.  Some
Bulgarian ones (solid black) do as well.

The Zhukov stock has really grown on me. I was all set to replace it but I think I’m going to leave it.  Good cheekweld, folds, adjustable length, good feel on the shoulder.  The alternatives are a fixed M70 wood/polymer stock, a Bonesteel folder, rolling your own with a combination of the Ace pattern adapters, or rolling your own with a 1913 adapter.  Fixed stocks are cheap enough but it’s not 94-04 anymore. I have a Bonesteel folder on an M90NP and it’s a great stock, very solid folded and extended, but heavy as all get out. The Zhukov handles better. I wasn’t interested in the other options.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 11:34:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yes, the steel M85 mags work with the M90. Zastava also sells a polymer mag, and the AC-Unity 5.56 AK mags fit.  Some

The Zhukov stock has really grown on me. I was all set to replace it but I think I’m going to leave it.  Good cheekweld, folds, adjustable length, good feel on the shoulder.  The alternatives are a fixed M70 wood/polymer stock, a Bonesteel folder, rolling your own with a combination of the Ace pattern adapters, or rolling your own with a 1913 adapter.  Fixed stocks are cheap enough but it’s not 94-04 anymore. I have a Bonesteel folder on an M90NP and it’s a great stock, very solid folded and extended, but heavy as all get out. The Zhukov handles better. I wasn’t interested in the other options.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@Stukas87
@R0N
@ATLANTIC-FIREARMS

Thank you.

Thank you @Findsman

Order placed.

ETA:  I also have an SLR-106 and Arsenal M-5 so a bunch of Bulgarian Circle 10 5.56 mags, and I did grab some of the AC mags as well a while back.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 9:51:02 AM EDT
[#23]
I know a bunch of videos on M90 mag wobble

Mag well in mine, super tight. No mag wobble, Im using only Zastava polymer mags

I have some WBP polymer they dont fit.
But others say they have fit. (I think they have more open mag wells)
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 10:09:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 11:40:52 AM EDT
[#25]
@ATLANTIC-FIREARMS my M70 came from you!
" />

Now get more Beryls in!
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 7:41:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Picked up my M90 a few days ago.  I'm a little disappointed in the overall length of the rifle, but also think it's definitely one of the better built .223 AK's.  Anyone have any experience putting a Bolton gas block on and shortening the barrel length (and shortening the gas system to AKM specs)?
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 1:56:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I know a bunch of videos on M90 mag wobble

Mag well in mine, super tight. No mag wobble, Im using only Zastava polymer mags

I have some WBP polymer they dont fit.
But others say they have fit. (I think they have more open mag wells)
View Quote

My M90 came with the Gen3 polymer mag and it fits tight almost no wobble.  I had bought two additional mags but they were Gen 2 mags and fit fine with more wobble but nothing crazy.  I ordered three more Gen 3 mags from Zastava and great fit.  The Gen 3 mags have metal support on upper cage area and you can tell a Gen 3 by small pin holes in the upper mag and you can see metal.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 2:54:10 PM EDT
[#28]
From match just shot using M90

Zastava M90 in a 2-Gun match!
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 5:32:43 AM EDT
[#29]
I’m hoping and waiting for a more “traditional” looking M90, with wood and an under folding stock to hit the market…  Might be a long wait, but I’m, hopefully, not going anywhere for a few more years!!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top