Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/3/2021 10:59:41 PM EDT
Had some range time w ZPAP M92 w SOB 47 brace .  The 200 yard sights are worthless.. not zeroed from factory.  Shoots way low even at 30 yards. The 200 yard sights are not adjustable.  So I went to the 400 yard sights and was able to get it zeroed with some patience.  Able to hit 10” gong at 100 yards. Anyone else experience problems w the 200 yard sights ?  Debating on whether or not to send back to  factory for work on the 200 “ quick access sights “ as they call them or just be satisfied w using the 400 ya sights.  Or maybe spring 4 red dot ??
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 8:48:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 8:49:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks I’m on it !
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 5:59:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Kyber customs makes nice rear sight for m92.
I have the v notch model and use the v more than the peep side
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 1:01:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I guess I’m not understanding. Most guns aren’t zero’d from the factory. Do you have the proper sight tools to adjust your front sight?
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 8:35:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes I have the AK sight tool l ... the owners manual states the “The ZPAP m92 comes zeroed from the factory “ it has the flip up Krinkov sights ... the 200 yard sights are non adjustable and aren’t even close to zero.. so I had to go with the 400 yard sights and was able to get zeroed by adjusting front sight post .. if you look at the sights on a ZPAP M92 you can see the front flip sight (200 yd ) is not adjustable
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 8:50:39 AM EDT
[#6]
I’m not saying you’re wrong I’m just confused, could you explain how the 200yd sights aren’t adjustable? All the AKs I’ve owned have windage/elevation adjusted with the front sight, are the M92s different?

Nevermind I see there’s a flip up front for 200yd, interesting, reminds me of the flip up tritium sights on other Yugo guns
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 9:05:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’m not saying you’re wrong I’m just confused, could you explain how the 200yd sights aren’t adjustable? All the AKs I’ve owned have windage/elevation adjusted with the front sight, are the M92s different?
View Quote

I believe the OP is referring to the hinged thin metal flip up front sight with the dot. These are like the flip up nightsites that came on older m70ab2 rifles. It flips up behind the adjustable front sight pin within the front sight ears and has no adjustment. So the the OP wants to use the larger front flip sight to utlize the white dot on the 200 yd but since it doesnt zero on that setting because its elevation is 'fixed' he needs to flip the back sight to the 400 setting to hit a target . I can see how this would be confusing but if you have a Zpap92 it makes sense.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 10:59:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a zpap92. I always considered the flip up front sight to be a “night” sight and never actually tried to zero it. I’ve never even fired at a target with it.  I zero’d my 92 with the “2” rear sight notch. I actually removed the flip front sight as to me it was a useless feature. It never occurred to me that anyone would try to use that flip up “night” sight for accuracy.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 1:55:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have a zpap92. I always considered the flip up front sight to be a “night” sight and never actually tried to zero it. I’ve never even fired at a target with it.  I zero’d my 92 with the “2” rear sight notch. I actually removed the flip front sight as to me it was a useless feature. It never occurred to me that anyone would try to use that flip up “night” sight for accuracy.
View Quote

Same here. Maybe if it had some tritium inserts like on my (long dead) Galil night sights. I consider the Zastava flip-up front tab thing like a toy or novelty for mil.spec authenticity.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 9:07:37 PM EDT
[#10]
The factory sights suck. CNC Warrior rail + RDS fixes that problem.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 10:45:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Nevermind I see there’s a flip up front for 200yd, interesting, reminds me of the flip up tritium sights on other Yugo guns
View Quote

Same flippy night sights as other yugos, they just dont bring them in with tritium installed.  My 05' M92 parts kit had the tritium, wish I had build that gun and not sold the kit for what I paid for it years later.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 7:27:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Using the regular front sight post and the '2' rear sight, mine was centered at 25 yds. - in fact I was surprised by this and happy. 25 or 30 yd zero with an AK is going to be rather high at 100. Sounds like you really want a 100 yard zero. Not a terrible idea but you would be somewhere around 1" low at 25. You can't have it both ways, hitting at 25/30 and 100. I'm not planning on using the sights anyway since I'm using a Romeo 5 on it. However, if I have to take it off and need to keep shooting, the 25 yard zero will be adequate for this pistol. I might take it to the 100 and just make some adjustments on the dot sight to improve my accuracy at shorter ranges. If I do this I will accept being a little low at short range, closer to zero at 50 and supposedly zero at 100. :) The sights, of course, will still be on at 25.

BTW, this pistol (Alpha Tactical 1.5mm receiver with Krink Booster) was $649 when I got mine, now $549 at Atlantic FA. I'm not shilling for them but that's a great price for a factory-made Eastern Euro AK.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top