BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2018 1:12:33 PM EDT
Picked up a 68 Yugo today.
Looks to be in fine condition.
Anybody know a good source for Yugo slings correct for this rifle? I found some on fleabay but they look pretty rough.

Hanging out with my 57 Tula.

Link Posted: 10/27/2018 3:15:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice rifle OP.  Just go with a AK sling, that's what I did with an old Norinco SKS I picked up a while ago. There are pretty much interchangeable.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 3:33:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice rifle op. That is my go to rifle.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 6:14:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice rifle OP.  Just go with a AK sling, that's what I did with an old Norinco SKS I picked up a while ago. There are pretty much interchangeable.
View Quote
Thanks.

Yeah,  I have a newer production sling I put on it for now.
I've seen leather slings on some of the Yugos though.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 10:34:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Did your Yugo get oiled down or clear coated? It looks good, but way cleaner of a stock than mine. Mine looks super dull.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 2:02:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Gunpartscorp has both leather and canvas Yugo slings. A lot of the slings are rough just like most Yugo Mausers and SKS are rough.

Might be worth talking to a seller and having them hand pick a nice one.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 8:38:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Did your Yugo get oiled down or clear coated? It looks good, but way cleaner of a stock than mine. Mine looks super dull.
View Quote
It was shiny like that when I got it. Looks like a replacement oak stock. The wood on the gas tube is different than the stock.

Quoted:
Gunpartscorp has both leather and canvas Yugo slings. A lot of the slings are rough just like most Yugo Mausers and SKS are rough.

Might be worth talking to a seller and having them hand pick a nice one.
View Quote
Thanks, I'll take a look. I ordered a leather strap from ebay but it was basically dry rotted.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top