Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/4/2020 1:34:44 PM EDT
Hey guys, I'm sitting on 2ish yugo RPK parts kits that I was curious of anyone could recommend build services for.
I know I'm posting this in the Build it "yourself" section so if it's in the wrong spot I apologize.
Main concern is authenticity. I know it's a rebuild but if there's something like the originals had a crest whereas my rebuild didn't. Or the originals had "U R J" markings where as mine has some Russian or "Safe Fire" markings well that would bother me. Rivets...markings...barrel..etc.
So the goal is as close as possible to the real deal.

Curious to see if anyone has any recommendations and feel free to post up some pics if you got them!
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 12:06:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Two Rivers Arms are the Yugo masters and the only to do the proper bluing. Be aware that they, and everyone else, are super backed up with all of the current events that have gone on/going on.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 12:07:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Two River Arms are the Yugo masters and the only to do the proper bluing. Be aware that they, and everyone else, are super backed up with all of the current events that have gone on/going on.
View Quote

That's perfect!  I appreciate the warning too. Thanks bro
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 3:34:03 PM EDT
[#3]
A childers 80% receiver can be ordered with all the correct crests and markings, even serialized to match your parts kit.

Not an expert by any means, but doing it up from a correctly marked 80% is probably the best way to get the markings you want and none of the ones you don't
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 10:20:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A childers 80% receiver can be ordered with all the correct crests and markings, even serialized to match your parts kit.

Not an expert by any means, but doing it up from a correctly marked 80% is probably the best way to get the markings you want and none of the ones you don't
View Quote

Yeah I've built 2 bulgarian 74s. They came out good but I felt like a professional builder could have done a better job.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top