Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2017 11:00:54 PM EDT
Pretty sure most of you here don't need to be told that Yugo Surplus is darn good stuff. Probably the most accurate round I've tested so far at 50 yards in my M92 :D

7.62x39mm, 124gr FMJ Yugo M67 Velocity Test
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 3:54:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Indeed it is very good ammo.  Used to be dirt cheap, but I have not seen it around in a few years.   As a bonus, it comes with really nice SKS stripper clips.  Guessing a lot of people don't want it because the internet told them corrosive ammo will give their gun AIDS.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 10:50:40 AM EDT
[#2]
What is this stuff worth per round now a days?  Either separately in the cardboard box or one of the big sea;ed 1120rd wooden crates?
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 9:26:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Indeed it is very good ammo.  Used to be dirt cheap, but I have not seen it around in a few years.   As a bonus, it comes with really nice SKS stripper clips.  Guessing a lot of people don't want it because the internet told them corrosive ammo will give their gun AIDS.
View Quote
@fr3d

You likely already know this, but for those who don't, some of it comes boxed with no stripper clips as well in 15 round boxes.  These come in crates of 1260 rounds vs 1120 rounds of the ones on strippers, 4 X 10 = 40 rounds per box.   I have crates of both.  Yes, the stripper clips are good quality and a nice bonus.  Not my pictures:

Link Posted: 8/12/2018 6:14:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What is this stuff worth per round now a days?  Either separately in the cardboard box or one of the big sea;ed 1120rd wooden crates?
View Quote
SGammo has it for .32 a round if you buy a crate. Its not getting cheaper.
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 11:32:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

SGammo has it for .32 a round if you buy a crate. Its not getting cheaper.
View Quote
This is the gold standard for 762X39 period.  The whole "corrosive" thing is really a non issue.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 8:11:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Agreed, I've shot about 1000 rounds of it thru my WASR and cleaned the rifle as soon as I got home. No issues with rust EVER. I get 1.25 inch groups at 100 yards from it. Some of the most accurate AK ammo I've ever shot.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 4:21:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Brass case, copper jacket, lead core and a nasty little air space behind the spire point. All you have to do is wash your gun inside and out after using it with a light emulsion of hot water and Ballistol at about 10:1. Then you can put it away until such time as you want to use the straight Ballistol as your 'CLP'.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top