Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2018 6:27:11 PM EDT
I recently traded for a M-85 Yugo pistol.  Got a SB brace for it.  Shoots great, except it only seems to like steel case ammo (Tula, Wolf, etc.).  I tried some Wolf Gold and it jammed up every other shot ( mostly double feeds). Any reports of this version being ammo sensitive?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 11:07:33 AM EDT
[#1]
First thing I would check would be the magazines.
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 3:54:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah mine eats everything, however I did put that Promag in the garbage the day I picked it up.
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 5:18:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I didn't use the mag in the photo, it came with the pistol.  I was using Gen 2 Pmags.  Tried five mags, three with steel case (all fire fine) and two brass case (jammed every other shot).
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 2:45:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Mine from new wont extract sometimes. It leaves the brass in the chamber and tries to load another right into the back of the brass in the chamber. Funny thing is the brass it leaves in the chamber falls right out.

Been meaning on trying a different extractor but haven't yet.
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 3:26:28 PM EDT
[#5]
try metal mags  
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 9:54:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Necro-posting a solution I found for the same issue with my M90NP.

I replaced the extractor spring twice, with the same issue returning after a few hundred rounds fired. I noticed the extractor spring would have a mild kink to it from sitting in the extractor hole in the bolt face.  Looking in the extractor hole the bottom of the hole is not flat, but pointed (factory drilled with a standard pointed drill bit).  What I did was take an AR15 extractor o-ring and drop it in the hole next to the extractor spring when installing the extractor back into the bolt.

This significantly increased the extractor pressure and cured my fail to extract issues ever since then.  Several thousand rounds later the extractor spring has no kink to it and the rifle works with all types of ammo ran through it.
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top