Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2022 2:56:02 PM EDT
I'd like to put a red dot scope on my Zasatava M70 ZPAP.

I know that Zastava sells one that attaches on the optics rail on the left side of the receiver, but it's crazy expensive at $120. Does anyone know of a cheaper brand/model alternative and where to find it?

How about those scope mounts that replace the rear sight and have Pic rails?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 5:07:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Ultimak for the win. Lotsa experience with them and they work great.

A few folks have suggested Attero mounts. No experience with them but they seem to be a good option as well.

It will depend on where you want your dot mounted. As noted I prefer the forward position of the railed gas tube on an AK style gun.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 5:34:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.

Which model of Ultimak would you recommend and where can I find it?

Why do you like the red dot mounted on forward on the railed gas tube?

I don't have the gun in hand (still in background check phase) and can't find on google info about side port gas tubes; does anyone know whether or not the ZPAP M70 has side port gas tube(s)?

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 1:30:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks.

Which model of Ultimak would you recommend and where can I find it?

Why do you like the red dot mounted on forward on the railed gas tube?

I don't have the gun in hand (still in background check phase) and can't find on google info about side port gas tubes; does anyone know whether or not the ZPAP M70 has side port gas tube(s)?

Thanks
View Quote

You can get it directly from Ultimak here: http://ultimak.com/m9.htm

Be warned. They get freaking hot. You will need to wear gloves. The ZPAPM70 does not have a side port gas tube.

I would advise the Attero Bravo mount. Easily to install and no heat issues to worry about. They are rifle agnostic as well: https://khybercustoms.com/bravo-optic-mounts/

I would advise RS Regulate as they are ideal for QD option. That's what I use on my ZPAPM70.
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 2:38:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks.

Regarding the Attero Arms Optic Mount, I'm interested in the rail mount to attach a red dot. I read reviews of similar products on Amazon and several complain that the optics sit too high on the rail. I don't know if they mean glass optics or red dots. Do you think a red dot would be okay with that rail mount?
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 10:02:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks.

Regarding the Attero Arms Optic Mount, I'm interested in the rail mount to attach a red dot. I read reviews of similar products on Amazon and several complain that the optics sit too high on the rail. I don't know if they mean glass optics or red dots. Do you think a red dot would be okay with that rail mount?
View Quote

If you are going to get a red dot, best to get one that Attero has made a specific mount for so it's as low as possible. Most common are the T1/T2 compatible mounts as Holosun, Aimpoint, Vortex, Primary Arms makes red dots compatible with that. That would be the Bravo mount.

They make mounts specific for RMR, MRO, etc as well.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top