Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/20/2021 10:31:03 AM EDT

I have one of these that is essentially brand new, three of the four magazines still wrapped. I bought it years ago with plans on having a 74 some day, still hasn't happened. What would you say it is worth as I'm considering trading it for some ammunition. Thanks in advance for the information.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:36:35 AM EDT
[#1]
start at 300 per unit and decrease the price by 10 per week until they sell.  I purchased 25 of those sets when they were 20 per Unit in 2001ish?  The East German made very nice equipment, far better than soviet era items.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:37:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
start at 300 per unit and decrease the price by 10 per week until they sell.
View Quote

i agree the mags are where the value is at. The rest of that can be had for 10-15 bucks
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:42:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
start at 300 per unit and decrease the price by 10 per week until they sell.  I purchased 25 of those sets when they were 20 per Unit in 2001ish?  The East German made very nice equipment, far better than soviet era items.
View Quote

That's probably about the time I purchased it to be honest. Thought about keeping them but I'm not looking to add another caliber to my collection with the way this world is going. Perhaps I'll put them on the EE for the members here. Thanks for the information!
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 10:48:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought an identical set except with Weiger 5.56 AK mags. Came with the same blue cloth tool kit and the 4-mag canvas case. Pretty sure it's E. German. Wish I bought 10 of them!

I also sold a few identical AK74 mags but too long ago to remember ($30 a piece maybe). I would try to find out the exact make and look on the EE to see what they are selling for.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 9:41:25 AM EDT
[#5]
I sold my last ones of those for $300 each pre Covid panic.  Some have blank firing adapters and some have 3 stripper clips and a spoon instead. They all had cleaning kits.  Throw it on gunbroker and let it fly
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 9:13:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I bought an identical set except with Weiger 5.56 AK mags. Came with the same blue cloth tool kit and the 4-mag canvas case. Pretty sure it's E. German. Wish I bought 10 of them!

I also sold a few identical AK74 mags but too long ago to remember ($30 a piece maybe). I would try to find out the exact make and look on the EE to see what they are selling for.
View Quote

Ah, the What a Country prices. I think they were under $20 when they first got them. Much like the Ohio Rapid fire used 74 mix mags for under $3 each

S/F

Al
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 12:07:24 AM EDT
[#7]
I think I bought all mine from century for $12 a set back in the day,didn't even have a 5.45 at the time but figured quality NIB surplus mags at that price was a great deal

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top