Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/11/2021 2:58:13 PM EDT
I’m going plum with her. Don’t have all the furniture in yet. But I installed an Manicore Night Break. I put in an ALG trigger . It’s light and smooth. Verdict still out till I shoot it. I put in a ALG recoil spring.  It was due.  Last but not least I put a KNS adjustable gas piston on it.  It was actually simple to do with the correct tools. Spring loaded punch and small drill bits. Good punches.  I got lucky and hit and drilled nothing but pin. Yea me. Here’s some pics. Sharing is Caring. WarDawg Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 2:59:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Attachment Attached File
The supplied roll pin needs to be longer. I’ll get one from work.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 2:59:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 3:00:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 3:33:00 PM EDT
[#4]
That’s cool.
She should be softer shooting after that install.
I wish I’d bought a 106 when they were around. I’ll probably pull the trigger when they come back.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 4:31:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Are you going to run a suppressor?
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 5:04:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Awesome, I changed the similar parts in my new zpap. I shot it will everything installed but the piston so far. let us know how it shoots.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 5:05:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are you going to run a suppressor?
View Quote

No.  I know AK’s are heavily gassed. But the spent cases was launching big time.
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 1:18:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Keep the pin supplied by KNS. Don't change it for a longer one. Your short pin is ok. I doesn't protrude and it prevents your piston from spinning out of the carrier. I have mine installed this way for a year and half, and after 1500 rounds it works very fine. Just put a little spray of high temperature black paint on the drilled hole and forget it.
And if you want a can, it works very well with concentric barrel., It shoots perfectly with my military M92 with KNS piston. It was so overgassed, that I could open the piston for 11 clics to shoot with suppressor. In my opinion KNS piston is a game changer. My M92 7.62 rifle shoots now like an ar15. No recoil at all when used with can, brass don't fly  so you can reload it. Just check your rifle's barrel thread for concentricity.
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 5:53:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the paint idea.  Ill do just that. Cheers WarDawg
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top