Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2019 4:21:27 AM EDT
Searched for what I thought would be a topic that would've been covered by now, didn't find it.

I have a SAM7R-51. I bought an Arsenal side rail. I haven't successfully zeroed it yet (using an H2), but I'm wondering if maybe it's not dead center and if that's my problem. I'm not trying to use this rifle long distance, my plan is to zero it at 100 and use it for shots out to as far as maybe 200 or 250, minute of man is what I'm looking for. Is that a realistic goal with an off center optic?
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 12:38:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Horizontal displacement is not a problem.
Let's say it's totally out of whack and a full 1/2 inch off to the left as mounted on your rifle.  So long as that 1/2 inch is parallel to the bore it will be 1/2" off at the muzzle, 1/2" of at 100 yards, and 1/2" off at 300 yards.  No problem.

It it's at an angle, that is definitely a problem.
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 12:51:27 PM EDT
[#2]
my old ROMAK base is a bit tilted.

years ago, I tried to fit a M.I. mount, and it went downhill fast...literally

like this one...

Link Posted: 12/23/2019 1:44:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
my old ROMAK base is a bit tilted.

https://i.imgur.com/zYPu0qq.jpg

years ago, I tried to fit a M.I. mount, and it went downhill fast...literally

like this one...

https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/v/vspfiles/photos/MI-AKSMG2-YR-3.jpg?v-cache=1504773701
View Quote
Is that rail canted downward?
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 2:31:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Is that rail canted downward?
View Quote
yes-skiovic
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 11:55:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got one go the PK-AS optics that's mounted off center deliberately. The angle that it's off is so small that it doesn't really affect things out to 300 yards when zeroed at 200.

Have you checked that all the mounting points are tight?

AJ
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 12:27:42 AM EDT
[#6]
On a psl that I had years back, the rail on the receiver was bent in at the front and it made it so I wasn't able to zero and optic that was mounted on it.  Once the rail was bent back into place it was fine.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top