Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2017 5:23:03 PM EDT
So my wife held a SBR Krink (Red Jacket, I think) years ago in the LGS and liked it. Thought it was pretty. The idea then died as I didn't get a SBR at the time. Then the house went pretty much AR only.

Recently we had a baby and my wife is home on maternity leave and binge watching Burn Notice. The last season or so apparently has a bunch of AKSU-74 action, and she noticed and brought the Krink up again (after I figured out what "that pretty gun with the wood on it" meant). It's in her head to get one, and I'm not gonna try to dissuade her because I'm not insane. Hey, new gun. To the point that I mentioned the carbine AR I was building her (the lower is in the basement) and she said, "Uh, I thought we were getting me a Krinkov."

I'd prefer to not get something that has to sit in a gunstore NFA jail for a year, and I know next to nothing about AKs.  Only current production I could really find was Arsenal making pistols and 16" rifles, but I haven't found much on their ease of conversion once papered. She also wants the triangle folder, so it has to be able to eventually take that. And the wood grips, but I figure that's easily changed (right?).

Any assistance is appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/12/2017 6:55:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DevJames] [#1]
Buy a Draco or M92 PAP and apply for the stamp and wait.

https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/ak-47-74-rifles/ak-47-pistol.html

Just stay away from the US built ones.

If you don't care about being totally accurate, just use a Stormwerkz hinge and not have to replace the rear trunnion.
Link Posted: 12/12/2017 8:39:19 PM EDT
[#2]
If she wants a "krink", aka AKSU pattern, then your only real factory option is an Arsenal. If she wants the triangle folder, I'd get the rifle version with the 16" barrel. That way, when the stamp comes back you simply chop and crown the barrel flush with the front sight base. If you went the Arsenal pistol route, you'd have to have the receiver cut for stock latches, which is going to be more involved.
Link Posted: 12/12/2017 9:09:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Tula '86 kit and circle 10 Bulgy kit. AKSU is best AK

Furniture isn't hard to find or change. And 7n6 used to be cheap.
Link Posted: 12/12/2017 9:16:45 PM EDT
[#4]
M92 with a brace until the stamp is approved is probably the easiest and cheapest option.
Link Posted: 12/12/2017 9:53:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By stolenheron:
M92 with a brace until the stamp is approved is probably the easiest and cheapest option.
View Quote
M92 =/= krink, but other than that the expense with that option comes when adding the triangle folder.
Link Posted: 12/14/2017 1:37:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Arsenal is the way to go, my friend. I sent my 104UR to Rifle Dynamics. They chopped the barrel + tuned the rifle to optimally run a suppressor.

You can thread on a fake suppressor if you do not want to deal with the paperwork. The fake suppressor is a sleeve that goes over the barrel.

Link Posted: 12/14/2017 7:33:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Welp, time to save for an arsenal I guess.

Can the "solid" stock be easily changed out for a triangle?
Link Posted: 12/14/2017 8:38:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Yep, just pop the pin and swap them out.
Link Posted: 12/14/2017 8:57:37 PM EDT
[#9]
There are youtube videos showing how to chop and crown your barrel yourself once you get your stamp. It's pretty easy....worked just fine for mine.
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 8:29:57 PM EDT
[#10]
The Arsenal 5.56 pistol models were on sale not long ago, and prices are still relatively low.

I bought something similar from this seller off GB. Good guy, in AZ somewhere. I want to say mine without the brace was $650.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/731171613
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 4:25:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Get a 104UR and have fun...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 6:38:56 PM EDT
[#12]
What are 104URs going for on the secondary market these days? GB has them for $2k up. If I were to put up a listing here what do you think would be a reasonable offer?
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 7:17:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Brand new 104ur anywhere from 2000-3000 right now
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 12:46:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Not a “krink” but close enough?

PSA AK-P Red Wood w/Triangle Folding Brace Pistol
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 6:11:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Another vote for the slr104ur

i got mine for 1300 about 3 years ago, when stamp approved I sent it out to get the barrel cut.
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 6:16:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sajer] [#16]
Krinks  are fun , but those iron sights suck ass.

Attachment Attached File
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top