Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/8/2020 1:45:33 AM EDT
With the rise of affordable and possibly even quality American-made AK’s, when will we start to see stamped receivers made out of sheets of 410?  I feel like it’s a no-brainer to tout the superiority of (insert competitor here)’s AK.

Just something that isn’t Combloc spec and so it doesn’t market well?
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 2:02:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 2:28:59 AM EDT
[#2]
A combat arm shouldn't be shiny.

Maybe blackened or matte stainless?
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 3:32:42 AM EDT
[#3]
With the rise of affordable AK's?   You missed the days of buckets of $300 WASR's and $400 Chinese PolyTechs.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 12:12:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
With the rise of affordable AK's?   You missed the days of buckets of $300 WASR's and $400 Chinese PolyTechs.
View Quote
The modifying word “affordable” preceded “American made”.  If you were buying $3-400 American made AK’s I would love to know their make and model.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 12:17:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Stainless work well if the whole firearm is SS.

Not going to find surplus action parts/barrels in SS for AK.

I know some like the 2 tone look, I don't.
View Quote
I totally agree.  I’ve never been a fan of two tone firearms.  To each their own of course.  When you say that stainless works well when the whole firearm is stainless, do you mean functionally?  Or just aesthetically?  I always thought the galling issue was between two similarly hardened stainless steels...
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 12:21:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
A combat arm shouldn't be shiny.

Maybe blackened or matte stainless?
View Quote
Yeah I wouldn’t want shiny.  Sorry for being unclear.  I know you can melonite stainless but that seems like overkill for the receiver.  I suppose you could just go the traditional Arsenal route and spray paint them black.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 12:24:48 PM EDT
[#7]
But muh puhtina!
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 1:02:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 1:23:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Both.

The galling issue has long been solved.
View Quote
Ok interesting.  I figured the average AK buyer will destroy a firearm through neglect rather than use.  I thought stainless would be an advantage in terms of staving off some of that neglect.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top