Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/2/2018 4:55:39 PM EDT
Bought an original barrel a couple of years ago and I am now getting to build the gun. Got it off gunbroker and the bore looks great. It’s so canted. Probably the worst canted Barrel I’ve ever owned. How can this happen?? I’ve never heard of any yugo with a canted Barrel. The RSB and gas block line up while the HG retainer slot and FSB lineup. It’s so stupid.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 5:02:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Pull pins, reset to correct spot and pin it isn't to bad I did it on a few builds with minimum tools.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 5:04:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pull pins, reset to correct spot and pin it isn't to bad I did it on a few builds with minimum tools.
View Quote
If I open the pin channels up more how will the FSB not wobble side to side?
@Sparks556
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 5:58:32 PM EDT
[#3]
It is pressed on and wouldnt wobble even without the pins, i think when you do it, youll be more confident, its a real bear to rotate them, not something to worry about after its repinned, but if its a concern, you can go slightly oversized next size up numbered drill blanks make good replacement pins.  I would just do the front sight, then see how the hg retainer looks once its built,  and then address if necessary.  But it looks like the extractor cut is proper for rsb, and gas hole is drilled after block installation on the iirc.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 7:22:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

If I open the pin channels up more how will the FSB not wobble side to side?
@Sparks556
View Quote
You'll need to ream the pins to a larger size. Rotate the FSB and then chase the hole with a 2mm drill bit to create a straight channel. You will then likely need to ream it a size up - whatever size you can find both a press fit reamer and dowel pin of appropriate size.

Be ware, you cannot use a standard reamer that is the same size as the pin. It must be a press fit reamer, which are slightly undersized compared to the pin size they are intended for. Otherwise you have no interference fit.

You don't have to use metric either, which opens up your selection a bit. Fortunately Yugos use the smaller 2mm pins, so you have some room to work with.

It would be preferable to ream the channel until you look through it and see no break or curvature at all

Some people claim to have moved the FSB and reused the same pins. This may work if a very small amount of adjustment is needed, but it also means that the pin never had a very good interference fit. Any substantial amount of rotation, you will have to address it as per avove.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 9:42:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Mancat is probably correct but I have straightened out two WASRs over the years.  I just drove out the pins banged the sight over with a rubber mallet.  It was very tight.  Then re-drilled and pinned again.  I reused the pins without issue.  Maybe I was just lucky.  David
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 2:32:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Mancat is probably correct but I have straightened out two WASRs over the years.  I just drove out the pins banged the sight over with a rubber mallet.  It was very tight.  Then re-drilled and pinned again.  I reused the pins without issue.  Maybe I was just lucky.  David
View Quote
They probably went in tight,  but may not be tight enough to keep the FSB from moving again if it was jolted enough. No way to know, and of course every AK is a little different
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 12:10:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
They probably went in tight,  but may not be tight enough to keep the FSB from moving again if it was jolted enough. No way to know, and of course every AK is a little different
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I straightened my m74 front sight the same way, but I went from 3mm to 1/8 pins just to be safe.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top