Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2022 2:12:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ahrion]
It's kind of difficult to find info on the Googs about this. I don't have a hydraulic press or some if the tools to do the rivets, so I've been looking around for shops who do this. Is there any shops recommended?

Just started getting into the AK game. Wasr-10 V2 is what I first got. Changed out the handguard/gas tube + added kns piston/new carrier, and added a JMAC 1913 stock adapter. I've learned AKs are a lot more "Dremel fitting" than ARs, which I'm used to.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 10:48:42 AM EDT
[#1]
You shouldn't be Dremel fitting an AK. There is no reason to.

It is true they take more work and thought than an AR. ARs are Legos. AKs are works of art.

You need a press to do rivets. Harbor freight stuff will work fine. Either buy or make the cups that support and squish the rivets so your rivets will be properly formed and pressed.
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 1:39:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Deerhurst:
You shouldn't be Dremel fitting an AK. There is no reason to.

It is true they take more work and thought than an AR. ARs are Legos. AKs are works of art.

You need a press to do rivets. Harbor freight stuff will work fine. Either buy or make the cups that support and squish the rivets so your rivets will be properly formed and pressed.
View Quote

Kind of had to Dremel to fit the 1913 JMAC stock adapter. Understandable I can get a press only, but I'm not adept enough with AKs to get the parts perfect and straight.
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 9:30:25 PM EDT
[#3]
We do lots and lots of AK work. 9 Hole Review sends their stuff to us. Chopped down and rethreaded a barrel today that someone thought was a fine idea to use a TAT and die. Reinstall barrel, swap gas block to jmac, pin n weld tomorrow.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top