Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/3/2023 3:05:11 PM EDT
Sorry if this has been discussed, didn’t see anything specific on the ak optics forum. I just ordered my first AK - Zastava m70 with wood furniture/stock. I would like to try the PA 3x microprism. Which mount is recommended for this setup? Rear biased with mini acog mounting footprint vs full top pic rail from Midwest industries?? I assume I will want it as low and rearward as possible but I have never even shot an AK before! I’m not sure how the height over bore and eye relief will work out. I’d like to skip the trial and error learning curve and get some suggestions from the experts. Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 3:27:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Check Ak operations union, they have the exact pack you are looking for, the ‘Annihilator’ combo, includes a 3x but you can select the scope mount

You can get a master mount or RS Regulate mount and if you get the RS, which I recommend, it’s more expensive but it’ll include the proper ‘upper’ section, either mount you Go with just make sure to select M 70 or yugo

https://shop.akoperatorsunionlocal4774.com/Annihilator-GEN-4-Optic-Combo-Pack-SLx-3X-MicroPrism-Annihilator-3x.htm
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 6:00:39 PM EDT
[#2]
AK Mastermount now has a rear based M70 mount which also serves as an acog/mini acog mount.

RS Regulate is very nice as well, but I hear finding them in stock can be a pain. Even worse if looking for the AKOT upper.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 6:30:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Master mount is gtg if you can find it. Just as nicely made as any Midwest or rs regulate I’ve had.

Master mount has the acog mount grove cut into it so it will mount lower than the others with picatinny too mounts.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 6:38:04 PM EDT
[#4]
AKOU store has both mounts in stock
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top