Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/21/2019 11:08:34 AM EDT
Which scope mount do you recommend for a PSA AK-47 GF3 with a Primary Arms 1x6?

The mount I have (unknown manufacture) set the scope too high even with low rings.  I can’t get any sort of cheek weld.  I’m leaning towards the MI with the 30mm rings as part of the mount.  Thoughts?
Link Posted: 8/21/2019 12:41:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm a proponent of the Midwest Industries side rail mounts and I currently have 3 ( 2 gen 1 and 1 gen 2) on my rifles and they have been excellent; but I strongly advise you to avoid their mount with the built in rings as I believe it to be very poorly designed.

That mount will place your optic too low, (The front of your scope tube will need to be positioned behind the front sight) and doesn't provide for enough forward and rearward adjustment for the optic to be positioned for proper eye relief; they're awful.

I'd suggest their regular mount with the full length Picatinny rail and that you mount your optic with mid height scope rings in order to clear the rear sight ( I used Warne mid height rings on 2 of my rifles, and Midwest mid height rings on a VEPR with a side folding stock, but I don't recommend the MI rings for your application since they will be too high)

All 3 of my Midwest industries side rail mounts are easy to adjust, install and remove, rock solid, and return to perfect zero when removed and reinstalled for cleaning.

Also; PSA recommends Midwest Industries Mounts for their AKs and they're the ONLY side rail mount that they guarantee will attach properly on their side rails, although some others can and do work well.

Midwest Industries Gen 1 mount on a SAM7R with Warne mid height rings and A Vortex Crossfire ll scope with a profile and dimensions similar to yours.

Link Posted: 8/21/2019 10:01:15 PM EDT
[#2]
AF,

Thanks for the detailed reply!  I hadn’t thought of the rear sight stand-off if it sits lower.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 10:24:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
tons of helpful info
View Quote
Came to this sub looking for answers to this exact question and this wonderful human knocks it out of the park.   Amazing reply, thanks a ton.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top